PDA

View Full Version : ccw questions.

brycewise
02-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I have a question for KT members. I have a Glock 26 and Kahr cm9 which I carry in about a 60/40 split between the CM9/g26. I find both to be a bit on the large size for pocket carry. I was looking to add A .380 to serve as a BUG and primary carry when discretion is a big concern.

I want to have a slide lock on the last round which eliminates the Kel Tec, Ruger, Hellcat, and Diamondback.

I am choosing between the S&W bg 380, Kahr p380(The price is a bit high for my liking) and Taurus TCP.

Does any one have any experience with these pistols and is the size difference when carried in the pocket noticeable over the CM9?

Thanks All

Rufus
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I put my daughter's Taurus TCP in the shop on Friday. It has about 400 rounds through it, and it has many FTEs whenever she shoots it. The gunsmith said that the Taurus is known for this problem, and that he will fluff and buff it to see if that takes care of the problem. It is about half the cost of the Kahr and the Sig, but I guess you get what you pay for. Have you looked at the Sig? I have been able to shoot one of these, and really liked it. I don't know about it's reliability, however.

WI carrier
02-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I put my daughter's Taurus TCP in the shop on Friday. It has about 400 rounds through it, and it has many FTEs whenever she shoots it. The gunsmith said that the Taurus is known for this problem, and that he will fluff and buff it to see if that takes care of the problem. It is about half the cost of the Kahr and the Sig, but I guess you get what you pay for. Have you looked at the Sig? I have been able to shoot one of these, and really liked it. I don't know about it's reliability, however.
what ammo are you shooting, i am not a 380 expert, as i am in the process of researching a purchase, but watching a lot of the "gun blast" videos, Jeff, the author repeats with every 380 he tests, that higher power loads, like corbon and hornady and such should be used because they function the slide better. how does your taurus perform with such loads?

PYROhafe
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
go shoot em if you can! Ive shot the tcp, and was not a fan of the trigger. If you have the option to try them first, ide say make your decision that way

DKD
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
RUFUS,

My Sig 238 does just fine. I have feed it home brew lead reloads, FMJ handloads, JHP handloads not to mention factory foder. I even ran a mag load of specialty Mag Safe hyper velocity ammo through it with no problems.
Like someone here already stated...these little pistol have small, tight tolerances and springs and need stout ammo for good realibilty and proper function.
I really enjoy my Sig 238, its also accurate as hell with nice nite sites to boot.
Now if my newly aquired P380 does as well I will be as happy as a hog in slop.