PDA

View Full Version : made a deal for my 2nd kahr, cw45

WI carrier
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
so i'm at the range with my brother in law, i'm shooting my cm9 and glock 30sf to try them with some hornady critical defense. he's got a brand new cw45 and 200 rounds of fmj for break in. i really like the glock but it's pretty chunky for my hands and also hard for me to conceal, hense, the cm9, i like the kahr trigger, and shoot it well. after a couple of mags he says you try this, i don't think i like this, he usually shoots glocks and springfields. i was impressed with the cw 45, and said i wish i would have seen this gun last year. long story short is a trade comes off and i got a new cw45 and some cash in my pocket. :rolleyes:, yea, i'm liking this deal, small carry and big carry, same trigger, same sights, good carry options:D.

JFootin
02-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Good trade! And you not only have the same trigger, but the same number of rounds, same manual of arms, and the same sights. I intend to get a CW45 to compliment my CM9, too. And eventually I want to get a P380 so I will have a true pocket carry gun that also has the same trigger, the same number of rounds, same manual of arms, and the same sights. A matched set!:D

Armybrat
02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
That's cool.

I traded these two mouse guns (that I didn't like and had a lot of trouble with) plus a few bucks for my CW45:

Very early unaltered blued KelTec P3AT with a total of 4 magazines, & box/papers. Less than 100 rounds through it - never carried.

Early AMT stainless .380 Backup (Single Action) with 2 magazines & box/papers. No more than 50 rounds fired - never carried.

Already have 400 downrange with my CW, and after 2 FTFs & 2 FTE early on it is a sweet shooter - even though I can't hit diddly with it over 15 yards (but that's normal with me, as I can't see sheeit anyway).

WI carrier
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
yea, i was happy with the glock as far as shooting it goes, just couldn't hide it on my skinny frame. the cw45 is much easier to hide and shoots just as nice. now if i could just think of something to spend this 200.00 on.:music:

JohnR
02-20-2012, 06:47 PM
yea, i was happy with the glock as far as shooting it goes, just couldn't hide it on my skinny frame. the cw45 is much easier to hide and shoots just as nice. now if i could just think of something to spend this 200.00 on.:music:
Ammo, of course! And a holster!

rjt123
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Good trade! And you not only have the same trigger, but the same number of rounds, same manual of arms, and the same sights. I intend to get a CW45 to compliment my CM9, too. And eventually I want to get a P380 so I will have a true pocket carry gun that also has the same trigger, the same number of rounds, same manual of arms, and the same sights. A matched set!:D

My exact thoughts, JFootin! Same trigger, manual of arms, etc. After my latest addition (courtesy of JodyH), I now have a P380, PM9, and a PM45. And one of them will always in my front right-hand pocket. Depending on the dress of the day and the situation, I can tailor my Kahr carry as needed...but still have the "exact same gun" operation-wise. Gives me less to think about (since I'll likely be reacting and not thinking) if I ever have to draw. Pull, point, shoot. Nothing else to do or remember.

WI carrier
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
My exact thoughts, JFootin! Same trigger, manual of arms, etc. After my latest addition (courtesy of JodyH), I now have a P380, PM9, and a PM45. And one of them will always in my front right-hand pocket. Depending on the dress of the day and the situation, I can tailor my Kahr carry as needed...but still have the "exact same gun" operation-wise. Gives me less to think about (since I'll likely be reacting and not thinking) if I ever have to draw. Pull, point, shoot. Nothing else to do or remember.
wow, it's like they planned this, :target:and i thought they were just too lazy to change the design.

JFootin
02-20-2012, 07:48 PM
wow, it's like they planned this, :target:and i thought they were just too lazy to change the design.

Hey, you can't improve on perfection! :angel:

PYROhafe
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
LUCKY YOU! Im in the same boat as JFootin... already have a cm9, want a cw45 and a p380 to complete the collection!