PDA

View Full Version : New guy with new CM9

toddmog
02-19-2012, 10:34 PM
After owning and selling two CW9's in the past (his & hers), I've come back to Kahr with a CM9. We liked the CW9's well enough, just sold them off a couple of years ago for something different. I had recently been on a search for a pocket/summer carry option and settled on the CM9. I prepped the little pocket rocket as described on this forum.

Here is the range report...in one word...flawless. Here is the breakdown of what I shot:
50 rounds Federal Bulk 115 grn
43 rounds of WWB Bulk 115 grn (had a partial box)
16 rounds of Winchester Ranger 147 grn RA9T (had a partial box & needed to save some for carry)
50 more rounds Federal Bulk 115 grn

I didn't shoot for groups, but everything was in a "Q" target from 7-10 yards. I could easily shoot COM and head shots at will. I pretty much shot as fast as I could stuff the one 6 round mag I had. I'll be ordering a couple more mags when my vendor of choice gets them back in stock.

I like the smooth DA trigger, but found myself almost short stroking it a couple of times looking for the Glock reset that I'm used too. Other than that, I have no complaints. Recoil is about what I expected for a 9 this size. My Desantis Nemesis should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. I also have a PJ kydex IWB and mag holder ordered too. I look forward to carrying this little guy soon.

HoosierGrass75
02-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Great to hear! I just picked my CM9 up friday and am ready for the range. Hopefully mine works as great as yours has!

toddmog
02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Great to hear! I just picked my CM9 up friday and am ready for the range. Hopefully mine works as great as yours has!

It may or may not have helped, but I would certainly do the prep recommended here if you haven't already. I didn't do it with the CW9's I owned and had a lot of light strikes with one of them because of a dirty striker channel. If the rain holds off, I'm going out again tomorrow for another 100 rounds or so.

wyntrout
02-19-2012, 11:24 PM
When you buy spare mags, consider two, at least... one more 6-round metal-based for CCW and maybe one 8-round extended-grip... K920G for the range or a "hi-cap" reload for carry. If your ONE mag breaks, as some CM/CW owners have experienced, it's nice to have a spare. Don't bother with buying the 7-round extended grip. This has been the most malfunction-prone magazine of all Kahr mags.

Pictures of the 9mm mags here:

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2944&highlight=9mm+magazines

CTD in the past has been good for spare mags, but Ivanhoe Warehouse has some of the cheapest magazine prices and only $5 fast shipping for the whole order... Priority Mail. I've bought a BUNCH from them both. Some outfits charge per item shipping... for 2-ounce magazines!

Wynn:)

PYROhafe
02-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Welcome to the forum! Always glad to hear of another great running cm9! Congrats!

Bill K
02-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Welcome to KahrTalk.

Another "boring" range report, I like that.

Do you think it would make sense to practice/train with my Glock not taking advantage of the short trigger reset?

toddmog
02-20-2012, 12:17 PM
CTD in the past has been good for spare mags, but Ivanhoe Warehouse has some of the cheapest magazine prices and only $5 fast shipping for the whole order... Priority Mail. I've bought a BUNCH from them both. Some outfits charge per item shipping... for 2-ounce magazines!

Wynn:)

I've been watching Ivanhoe for another 6 round or two...might pick up an 8 rounder as well.

Do you think it would make sense to practice/train with my Glock not taking advantage of the short trigger reset?

Personally, I will continue to shoot my Glocks with the reset. I shoot my G17 and G26 a lot more since that's what I carry on duty. The CM9 will be mainly for summer/pocket carry when I can't carry the G26. It seems to be easy enough to adapt to the lack of reset since the Kahr trigger is so smooth.

On another note, I put an other 50 rounds of Federal bulk 115 grn through it today with zero malfunctions. I can't wait for my Nemesis to get here tomorrow.

Hognutz
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Glad to hear that your CM9 is up to your expectations. They sure are a nice little pocket pistol. Easy to conceal, very accurate, and have a smooth as butter trigger..And, they are a hoot to shoot..

toddmog
03-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Another 80 flawless rounds today.

yqtszhj
03-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Excellent.