PDA

View Full Version : Tree rat eliminator

MW surveyor
02-22-2012, 04:03 PM
A few months back there was a thread regarding single action 22's. Didn't post a picture then but here is my Ruger Single Six. The red dot and the over sized Houges are just because!

JFootin
02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
That is cool, Surv! I'll bet there isn't a tree rat within 1/4 mile of your house. :4:

MW surveyor
02-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Sadly due to firearms discharge laws and being a responsible shooter, the only shots I can take on the tree rats around the house are with my trusty pellet rifle.

But in the woods.....those pesky critters better watch out!

muggsy
02-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Sadly due to firearms discharge laws and being a responsible shooter, the only shots I can take on the tree rats around the house are with my trusty pellet rifle.

But in the woods.....those pesky critters better watch out!

Call them tree rats if you will, but I refer to them as fine tasting.

MW surveyor
02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Call them tree rats if you will, but I refer to them as fine tasting.

My wife that likes to garden calls them something that I can not repeat here on this family forum. :D

dkmatthews
02-23-2012, 10:34 AM
My wife that likes to garden calls them something that I can not repeat here on this family forum. :D

You have other wives that don't like to garden in addition to one who does? :2eek: :2eek: :2eek:

JFootin
02-23-2012, 11:03 AM
It always irritates me when they sit up in the trees and bark at me. :mad: Reminds me, I need to get some CO2 canisters for my Crossman pellet revolver. :rolleyes:

Funny thing, though. When I was a teenager, I walked over to the bannister at the edge of the raised driveway overlooking the bach yard on a summer evening. I saw squirrels and rabits playing and cavorting together at the base of a large oak tree.

I also remember a few years earlier, hunting and shooting a squirrel using my older brother's .22/.410 over/under rifle.

Tinman507
02-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I get em from a second floor bedroom window overlooking our deck. They come and raid the birdseed. With a Crossman pump pellet gun they don't know what hits em.

Just silently slide the window up, slide the barrel out and poof....Squirrel down.

Of course I learned from the best...my dad. He used to do the same until one day he forgot to raise the storm window. We still won't let him live that one down. :D

MW surveyor
02-23-2012, 12:09 PM
You have other wives that don't like to garden in addition to one who does? :2eek: :2eek: :2eek:

We are keeping religion out of this. :lie:

She is patiently waiting for the owls to make their rounds. There is a group of owls that have a good sized territory around here. When they are in the neighborhood, the squirrels don't seem to be as active. :D

tinman - Ambush is the only way to go!

muggsy
02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
We are keeping religion out of this. :lie:

She is patiently waiting for the owls to make their rounds. There is a group of owls that have a good sized territory around here. When they are in the neighborhood, the squirrels don't seem to be as active. :D

tinman - Ambush is the only way to go!

I'm over a 1,000 posts, too. Does that mean that I have to change my recoil spring?

LaP
02-23-2012, 05:49 PM

My wife got POed a few years ago. The rabbits were wasting her garden. She asked me to shoot a few and give her the bodies. She said she was going to put their heads on stakes and post the bloody poles around her garden as a warning.
I had images from Apocalypse Now. I told her that the neighbors might not share your passion for gardening and she might have her picture show up in the local newspaper. She relented.
With my trusty Marlin 60, I took out a couple rabbits... her garden grew... nobody was featured in the local paper... our little corner of the world continued on.

tv_racin_fan
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
I get em from a second floor bedroom window overlooking our deck. They come and raid the birdseed. With a Crossman pump pellet gun they don't know what hits em.

Just silently slide the window up, slide the barrel out and poof....Squirrel down.

Of course I learned from the best...my dad. He used to do the same until one day he forgot to raise the storm window. We still won't let him live that one down. :D

Guy I know of drilled a hole thru his window frame so he dont even open the window. Just take the duct tape off uncovering the hole in the frame and stick the barrel out the hole and POP.

MW surveyor
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
My wife got POed a few years ago. The rabbits were wasting her garden. She asked me to shoot a few and give her the bodies. She said she was going to put their heads on stakes and post the bloody poles around her garden as a warning.

:eek: I can just see this as plain as day in my mind and I've got a grin on my face! Does this mean I'm sick?

We need tinman507 to make this picture a reality.

LaP
02-23-2012, 07:34 PM
:eek: I can just see this as plain as day in my mind and I've got a grin on my face! Does this mean I'm sick?

Nahhhh, just means your married to a real gardener. ;)