PDA

View Full Version : Are P9's prone to limp wristing??

Wolffire99
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Weird thing happened this weekend. First off, I've fired 400rds through my P9 with 1 failure to return to battery in the break in session. Not a big deal. Saturday, I had a friend with me who'd never fired a pistol before who was getting 2-3 FTF/FTE per magazine. After instructing him to lock his wrist a bit more it went down to 1-2 FTF/FTE per magazine. We'd switch back and forth and I'd get 0 malfunctions.

I haven't lost faith in my Kahr but it is a little concerning that it's that easy to get failures.

Any thoughts?

Wolffire99
02-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Btw. Was using federal 9mm red box ammo from Walmart in 50rd packs.

CJB
02-22-2012, 06:54 PM
The Wally stuff is usually a little on the weak side.

FearlessNKY
02-22-2012, 08:08 PM
The Wally stuff is usually a little on the weak side.

+1 My same experience as well. This combined with slight limp wristing would set you up for all kinds of possible problems.

stuch77
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
sounds like a smart *** answer. don't limp wrist while your shooting it.

Wolffire99
02-22-2012, 09:35 PM
I definitely agree. I've seen people limp wrist before I've just never seen such a drastic difference.

hpg
02-23-2012, 06:41 AM
You summed it all up and answered your own question....."friend who had never fired a gun before...and....when I shot it I got zero malfunctions"....hpg

TominCA
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
The P380 is easy to limp wrist with range ammo - but you gotta be pretty limp for the PM9 to malfunction. Try some of the 20 to a box stuff (Black Hills extra power is a good value for near +P ammo) As the gun breaks in more (remember it has VERY hard steel so its not going to work in a fast as you chaep offshore 45) it should handle anything.

jocko
02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Weird thing happened this weekend. First off, I've fired 400rds through my P9 with 1 failure to return to battery in the break in session. Not a big deal. Saturday, I had a friend with me who'd never fired a pistol before who was getting 2-3 FTF/FTE per magazine. After instructing him to lock his wrist a bit more it went down to 1-2 FTF/FTE per magazine. We'd switch back and forth and I'd get 0 malfunctions.

I haven't lost faith in my Kahr but it is a little concerning that it's that easy to get failures.

Any thoughts?

the fokk cares what ur buddy's does with ur gun, it is ur gun, and it does great as u said, then he needs to worry about technique instead of blaming the gun. to mie it is evident he nees some "shooting" help, not the gun. The P9 is no more susceptable to limping than any other model kahr (not counting the P380) it is so small that shooter control is a must.

U should not be worrying one bit about what another person produces with ur gun. I know shooters who can shoot super groups at 10 yards with their PM9. I cannot do that good at all, so should I be concerned??? with the gun????

sorry about the first sentence to but I don't alibi for a shooter and I don't alibi for a gun either. I have siad this many times a gun and a shooter have to mete up properly for a perfect combination..