PDA

View Full Version : New Member with CW9

ColoRetiree
02-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Hello for the mountains of Colorado. I was looking for a concealed carry weapon and, after doing a lot of research (including KahrTalk) and going to a few gun shows, I finally made the decision to buy something besides a Ruger. I already have a Blackhawk and an SR1911 but, unless you are really hardcore, neither one is much good for carrying. The wife has an LCP that I have tried a few times, but it is just too small for my hands. I really liked the feel and size of the CW9 especially with the 8 round extended magazine but I will admit that this thread (http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11307) made me think about it for a few days. In the end I believe I made a good choice for me for CC. I guess I'll find out if I did when I pick it up next week.

ColoRetiree

jocko
02-26-2012, 06:33 AM
ok so u read that thread that started out negative and ended up OK. That sh-t is jsut gonnahappen every once in awhle It is not the orm and asthe thread enedso well to, it is also not kahrs way of doing buisiness eithe.r If u get theworng person in any busness they can fokk up a wet dream. u bought a dandy gunandnow go to the kahr tech sectionand read two good stickys that can make ur first shoot a good one.

#1 kahr lube chart

#2Propper prepping of ur new kahr.

now this thread is a helpful bunch of suggestiosn, u if u feel like it is a must for u , to take it right out of the box and shoot it lik eu stole it, 98% will be perfecrt. If you feel like you want to learn alittle more about your kahr before that firstr bang thing, then both threads will be very positive for you to read and look at. welcome aboard, if u ever find a nicer gun than the cw9, let this forum know..

se3388
02-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the Forum, you'll like the CW9. I loved mine till my Wife took it away, I decided to pick up a new CW45 and fell in love with it also. I think the CW series is one of the best lines for concealed carry. I lived in Aurora for a few years, only thing I didn't like was the hail.

Steve E..............

MW surveyor
02-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the forum from another CW9 happy user. Just for your information, I have never had any problems what so ever with mine from day one. It even likes my reloads :) So I'm a happy camper with it.

BTW - I ordered the night sight for the CW9 back when they had just the night sight and not the whole kit. Got a good one. Also, some people had had some problems with the screw backing out. All I can say is that I've had no problems with it using locktight on the screw.

JFootin
02-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forum! The CW9 is one of the most trouble free guns that Kahr makes. A little big for pocket carry unless you are the Green Giant, but absolutely perfect on the waist.

yqtszhj
02-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome and you got what I think is the best gun for the money that Kahr sells. I loved mine until the day I traded it for my CM9 which is great also, just smaller. Never even one single problem.

jocko
02-26-2012, 10:38 AM
JFootin and Yqtszhj are both right . I think u will shoot a cw betterthan a cm9 due to size. stillnot to big for any place u wanna carry, other than pocket maybe..

rkirk
02-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I think you will really like your new CW9. I have one on as I write this reply. I also have a CM9, but the CW9 is a joy to shoot and is an outstanding CCW pistol.

-- Richard

ColoRetiree
02-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I'll let you know about the ccw capabilities after I get it. I ordered it Saturday morning through GalleryOfGuns and got email confirmation that it was on its way Saturday evening.

ColoRetiree
03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
. . . and I think I'm going to like it. I prepped it according to the stickies but it is just too darn cold out to go try it out. I will say something slightly negative and that is with the teardown instructions in the manual. This is my first striker pistol so I was careful to follow the instructions exactly as written. I pulled the trigger to release the striker, but then I could not get the slide to slide off the frame. What the manual did not say was that you had to pull the trigger and then hold it "pulled" while you slide off the slide. Now that may be obvious to you guys that have owned striker's before but it sure wasn't obvious to me.

As far as carry position goes, with an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, it fits just fine in the inside pocket of my jean jacket. With summer coming I wanted to go with an IWB tuckable so I ordered a HighNoon Hidden Ally holster for it. It has been many years since I wore "tight" jeans so I'm sure that will work great.