PDA

View Full Version : cm9 front sight only?

PYROhafe
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
If this has been discussed before, please let me know. Tried seach, didnt really turn up what i was hoping.

Im looking to go with some kind of night sight, im thinking only the front. Can you run the big dots, or the trijicon front sight only? Is anyone doing this? i like the style of the sight a little better than the 3 dot personally, thats why im wanting to keep the rear

MW surveyor
02-26-2012, 12:25 PM
What gun do you have? It will make a difference in what you can order.

I've got only the front trijicon on my CW9. Works great but if I ever replace it, it would be with a fiber optic or possibly a big dot. The night sight works good at night though.

PYROhafe
02-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah... that was dumb. Changed the post title, but its a cm9 (that I'm in love with btw)

GratefulGuy1234
02-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't know about the single front sight thing, I went for the full trijicon night sights installed by the factory and couldn't be happier. They look good, and are 'fresh out of the reactor' bright. :D

I have other firearms with the trijicon 3 dots, so I stick with that.

Hope this helps -

SCott

kahrnut1
02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
several have posted they run big dot only on cm9. i have full set trijicon on mine and they slow me down a little in daylight

MLESa7990
02-28-2012, 08:02 AM
I thought big dots weren't available for the CW/CM??

skiflydive
02-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Kahr is selling the Trijicon front sight only for the CW/CM again.

http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-CWCM-Trijicon-Front-Sight-KitKWTFNSKT.asp

kayl
02-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Dawson Precision also sells a FO and night sight for the CM9 that are the fronts only if you want. Installation is a breeze.

JFootin
02-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I thought big dots weren't available for the CW/CM??

XS is currently testing the new Big Dot for the CW/CM. They are very thorough with their testing, so it will be a bit longer before we see them.

PYROhafe
02-29-2012, 06:48 AM
I found a vid last night of a guy installing his own trijicon front sight. My first question: is it really that easy to install yourself? Second question: how well does the trijicon work in daylight? Looking at the vid it looked like it would be harder to see during the day then the stock sight.

Tinman507
02-29-2012, 07:17 AM
On a CM9 it's that easy.
I'm not thrilled with how visible it is in daylight, but it's passable.

Ressom
02-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I found that the trijicon was less visible in daylight than the standard plastic front sight.

Simms65
02-29-2012, 11:18 AM
The "dot" isn't as large, but it is very usable.

SpecK
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
I found that the trijicon was less visible in daylight than the standard plastic front sight.

Second that. IMO the factory sights are much better in the daytime...however, if youre like me, this is not your range gun and I'll more than likely be using it in a dark setting (although i pray i never have to) so the small amount of eye strain in the day is well worth the green POP i get in low light. Awesome little sights for a carry piece

PYROhafe
02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
So.... worth it is the general opinion then? Would u still trust being able to find the front sight (your friend) during a daytime shtf situation?

BOBBO268
03-01-2012, 03:41 AM
I found a vid last night of a guy installing his own trijicon front sight. My first question: is it really that easy to install yourself? Second question: how well does the trijicon work in daylight? Looking at the vid it looked like it would be harder to see during the day then the stock sight.

care to share?:popcorn:

PYROhafe
03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Not on the home computer right now, so kinda hard to do but if u go to youtube n do a search for cm9 front sight install, I'm sure u will find it. Also is there any way to get the factory sight off without breaking it?

Tinman507
03-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Carefully put the slide in a vice and cut the stainless steel very carefully around the sight.

j/k no, it's staked in there and it's gonna break no matter what.

CootShooter
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
care to share?:popcorn:
I think this is the video he's talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqmvXBxMq8

The Trijicon site this guy is installing is marked "09" so it is a couple years old already, but marked down to $30.

PYROhafe
03-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I think this is the video he's talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqmvXBxMq8

The Trijicon site this guy is installing is marked "09" so it is a couple years old already, but marked down to $30.

^ thats the one

yote
03-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Maybe I'm just cheap, but I do not understand Kahr's Trijicon tritium sight pricing.

You can get the sight set for the CM9/CW9 including the rear sight with two tritium vials and the front sight post with one tritium vial for $80.

The front sight alone is $50 plus shipping.

For Glocks and most other pistols, the Trijicon front sight costs about $30.