PDA

View Full Version : New CM 9 sights off bad low

tennxx
02-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi all i'm new to form and just got my first Kahr A CM 9 went to the range to day and boy was i disappointed it is shooting about 1ft low at 7 yards.At first I though it was me so i got out the good old S&W 915 and was right on. Has anyone else had this problem? any help would be great

Thanks Dennis

jocko
02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
it's u, not the gun, u need to change ur sight picture. I would not compare any gun to another gun.. sorry I ain't buyin it is a gun problem. I bet ur 915 what ever that is does not have the loooooong trigger system like kahrs do. its ur first kahr as u stated ur just not used to this gun either.. If the 915 is like the 5904 which I am told it is, then ur talking about a DA/SA gujn to, sure not the same comparision to a always DA kahr.:behindsofa: just sayin

tennxx
02-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Jocko I think your right i may just have to get used to the Kahr trigger and change my sight picture. And yes the 915 is a DA/SA
Thanks

jocko
02-26-2012, 02:56 PM
thank u, the average person probably would have told me to take a fokking hike. but I think u realize there is a real difference in the size of the two guns also , let alone the trigger systems which on ur kahrs is so smooth it is unbelievable but yet again it is a full 3/8" trigger travel before the boom thing happens. trust me I have 32K through my pM9 and my shooting at 7 yards is still horrible compared to my G19 at that same distance. I can cover with a 50- cent peace my groups with my G19 where as I can cover my groupls with my PM9 with a coffee cup and a big mug one to. It is what it is a gun that wll indeed save ur life and one that you will carry more than that 915 due to compactness. and if it ain't on u, it is as worthless as t-ts on a bore. Thanks for not telling me to take a hike, as I just got back from a hike that someone told me to take earlier today and quite frankly I am tired.:cheer2:

U.S. Patriot
02-26-2012, 03:02 PM
The thing to remember with a double action trigger, is do not jerk the trigger. Especially if you are used to shooting single action. Slow easy trigger squeeze.

tennxx
02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
i'll have to work on the slow and easy squeeze
Thanks

carkarrier
02-26-2012, 06:33 PM
I have carried a S & W model 469, a compact 13 shot DA/SA. The DA pull is smooth and the rest SA go off with a brain wave. I bought a CM9 and I can relate to the fact it takes some getting use to. Keep practicing--- time heals a lot of things except old age.