PDA

View Full Version : New to me NYPD trade in

czgunner
02-26-2012, 03:06 PM
I just picked up a NYPD K9 trade in from my favorite gun shop.
Do I assume it has the NYPD trigger in it?
My serial is AR89xx
What parts do I need to order from Kahr to get the Elite trigger?
Sorry if this is asked a lot, I tried searching to no avail.

jocko
02-26-2012, 03:12 PM
yes it does and I would not attepmt to install the parts , as the trigger group has to come out and that is not the easiet thing to do. U can call kahr and ask them what parts is needed and the cost if u feel u want to do it.
I have a K9 NYPD trigger andI out shoot my PM9 2 to 1. IMO that trigger doesn't set u back at all. It is 1/8" longer trigger travel and that is all, trigger poundage is the same as the elite triggers kahs. What u can do to even help u out is to go to wolffs gunsprings and orde rthe 5# striker spring for your K9 ((it fits all kahrs) and it will lighter trigger poundage but not change the travel but it sure helps to make a really nice shooting gun.

I think berfore u drop more bucks into this, u should shoot it a couple hundred rounds even to see if u really ca't live with the 1/8"
more trigger travel. It is not like u jounrned across the country. If sent it back to kahr with postage both ways and parts and labor, my bet is your getting into 125-150$ range and kahr cold tell you their price to doit properly to.

If u just gotta have it thn IMO unless u have the tools and unless a good smitty has had parts all apart, I would error on the side of caution and let kahr do it right. Just sayin.

Shot it awhile. I think u might changer ur mind.. My K9 is AR 73xx, so it was bought used back 5 years ago and ore than likely was a NYPD gun. I never asked and really don't care. I have put 5K through it without one issue, not one-- Just sayin

czgunner
02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm not really worried about taking it apart.
I build AR's, and have detail stripped everything I've owned for trigger work.

jocko
02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
u can order the parts from kahr, ur just a phone call away.

nexed
02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I also just picked up a nypd trade in great guns at great prices now is the time to pick one up gun stores have so many in stock

jocko
02-26-2012, 05:58 PM
no doubt other than wear those K9 nypd have very few rounds through them...u guys got some excellent buys..

tilefish
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
What are they getting for Kahr police trade-ins up in the Peoples Republic of New York these days?

joshh
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
police use kahrs? where the hell have i been? if i was leo, i'd be carrying a full size glock or springfield that double stacks as many .40s or .45's as possible!

edit: oh wait, are hi-caps a no-go in NYC?

ripley16
02-26-2012, 08:32 PM
police use kahrs? where the hell have i been? if i was leo, i'd be carrying a full size glock or springfield that double stacks as many .40s or .45's as possible!

edit: oh wait, are hi-caps a no-go in NYC?

These were off-duty guns, not duty guns.

Bawanna
02-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I think they use batons on duty. Imagine the temptations for targets. Lot of liability for the brass. I sure pity the boys in blue in NY. Gotta be a jungle.

teammazza
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
I got my K9 NYPD trade in to go along with the CW9 I already own. It was on the top of my list of guns to get and then low and behold it was just sitting there looking at me at my LGS. For 350.00 I had to grab it. What a great shooter and a great practice gun for my CW9. These guns are so well made.

kenk
02-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I also have a K9 purchased from an NYPD officer. The trigger is just great. In fact I like it better than the CM9 I recently sold. I totally agree with Jacko. Do try shooting yours for a while before changing out the trigger. You will likely decide that it is fine as is.

Ken

Sap
02-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Yea, pretty sure my k9 has the NYPD trigger. Love it

Sap
02-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Guys get too worried over the kahr triggers. If you ever fire your pistol, real world, trigger reset, trigger# and all that bs won't even register.

kb2wji
02-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Dang. I want one. I've had the itch to get a k9 for a while...having an NYPD trade in would be cool. I'm a NY transplant. It'd be a little nostalgic

czgunner
02-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I guess I'll shoot it for a while and see if I can get used to it.
I'm used to my M&P's (x3).
I just need to stock up on some mags at a good price!

joshh
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
aimsurplus has them. lil more than your local shop was but he says they are in great shape.http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1KAHRK9&name=KAHR+Arms+K9+SS+9mm+Pistol&groupid=6
http://www.aimsurplus.com/eos/images/product/F1KAHRK9a.jpg

tilefish
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
wow, that's a pretty good price

Maverick64
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
everyone complains about the Kahr trigger..........I happen to think it is the best trigger on the market

jocko
03-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I tend to think most complainers are pre single action shooters. There is one heh of a transistion to a SA gun and then to kahr, can't blame kahr, thaty designed it that way. There certeainly IMO is no smoother out of the box trigger system than kahr. Most of the other semi, including the M & P are so close to single action compared to kiahrs trigger. Glocks no different either. sdo I suggest never compare a kahr to any other triggers out there. Really not fair to kahr or to the other gun being compared. I love my G19 trigger but I would never stick that fokking gun in my front pocket with that trigger system, no matter what size.

espresso
03-02-2012, 01:41 PM
aimsurplus has them. lil more than your local shop was but he says they are in great shape.http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1KAHRK9&name=KAHR+Arms+K9+SS+9mm+Pistol&groupid=6

Gee thanks!.......now I gotta go home and find something to hock :wof:

sharpetop
03-02-2012, 06:41 PM

I just got this notice in my e-mail. I've never purchased a firearm from them but have purchased ammo and accessories from them. They are great to do business with.

kb2wji
03-09-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Can anyone provide photo's of NYPD surplus K9's they bought from Aimsurplus? One mans idea of "good condition" may not be the same as anothers.... Thanks!!

nexed
03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Kb i live in NY and went to my local gun shop who was taking in these trades and let me tell you the variety of condition goes from near mint to really beat up. Since he had somewhere around 100 of these in the store at the time i had my choice of whichever one i wanted. so ill show you a pic of mine its a great condition but ill tell you some where not as nice. But I'm sure they clean them up a bit and anyways and I'm very happy with mine ! these might not be the best pic taken with my iPhonehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/hazard989/photo2-12.jpg

kb2wji
03-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Do you know if that local shop still has any? I would love to have one shipped to an FFL here in TN... I'm pulling the trigger on one in the next few days, but dont know where im buying from yet.