PDA

View Full Version : gunbroker.com

hsart
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I would like to hear any comments on buying firearms at gunbroker.com. I have never used this site but am increasingly interested in some of the items there. The only problem I have with the sign-up process is that they require a credit card for verification of ID if you use a free email service (like yahoo, gmail, etc). I am reluctant to give them cc info but do not want that to stand in the way of buying some nice stuff. Other than that would be interested in any negative experiences anyone has had. I know that it is always buyer beware but the feedback part of the site gives us some insurance that the sellers are reputable. Thanks!

Bot
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I have bought and sold guns on Gunbroker. They have stuff there you can't usually get anywhere else. The CC thing is actually a good thing. If you want to start selling they will charge your card for the small fees they charge. It also helps keep thieves away. I have had no trouble at all.

mx5fan
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I've purchased a barely used Ruger MK III on Gunbroker and it worked well, Gunbroker, that is. I had not issues and if the price was right including shipping and FFL fees, I use GB again.

Jackleg
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I have made a few purchases on GunBroker.com and have met some true professionals in their trades. No problems whatsoever; I would recommend giving it a try. There are some very good buys on Kahr products. I have read on this forum where people can't find P380's. Check the broker!:biggrin1:

ripley16
02-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I buy from Gunbroker but I've never given them CC info, and I use Yahoo. Maybe there is a way around that requirement. But I've been registered there for years.

I shop the big three gun sites; Gunbroker, Auction Arms and GunsAmerica. I've yet to have any but minor problems. Most of my experiences have been excellent. If memory serves I've made 9 gun buys and many accessory buys...all successful.

My one negative experience was with a slow shipper. The gun was cheap and pretty much what I expected, but the seller didn't answer emails. The gun turned out to be a best buy.

Limiting yourself to actual retailers at first is one way to limit your exposure and maintain some degree of confidence. It's when you venture into the world of forum want ad purchases that the level of anxiety increases. Sending hundreds of dollars to a total stanger can be nerve racking. However I have done this...again with no problems to report.

Be sure to have your local FFL lined up and understand his requirements and costs. Some do not accept transfers from non FFLs.

hsart
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks... good info. The CC requirement is probably fairly new.

fitzgood
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Gun Broker has been really good for me. If you are looking for a Kahr on there look up the seller M1rty. He was very good to deal with for me.:D

Bigcube
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
My PM9 came from there. No problems with the transaction. My local dealer will receive them for a small fee. :cool:

Vinikahr
02-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Bought 3 firearms so far and all good. Got better prices than my LGS. The CC is a good measurement for your protection and others. They will charge a dollar to the account and is to verify that you are a real person and not scam , the dollar fee you can later apply towards any charges that you incur in selling an item. They also have a service you can use Gun-pal.

my1stpocketgun
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I too have used GunBroker on many occasions and have had nothing but good experiences.....hope the same for youall.

Steve-$
02-10-2010, 06:37 AM
I have had nothing but positive experiences with my dealings on GunBroker.

I have not used GunPal as of yet, but am looking into getting an account setup.

In-Yo-Grill
02-10-2010, 07:34 AM
GunBroker is like visiting a GunShow everyday of the week. I love that site. I've bought and sold guns and gun parts on there for years now.

Bought my MK9 off of there a few months ago for $420 BUY-IT-NOW!!! Some deals to be had if you are patient.

Steve-$
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
That is a very good way of saying it!

A guy can spend a couple of hours surfing around on their site if not careful.

Excellent price on the MK9.

In-Yo-Grill
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
That is a very good way of saying it!

A guy can spend a couple of hours surfing around on their site if not careful.

Excellent price on the MK9.

Now if I just had some Turkey Jerky to chew on while surfing GB it'd be just like a gun show.

On the bright side I can surf GB while drinking a beer and watching shooting shows on cable all at the same time.:w00t:

zena
02-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Add me to the list of positive experiences. Bought my STI through GB with no problems. Good deal, great gun.