PDA

View Full Version : Doomsdayer Bill

knkali
02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Interesting. Agree with the idea?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/27/10520804-wyoming-lawmaker-introduces-doomsday-bill

Bawanna
02-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Pretty smart sounding guy. Wonder how he got into politics?

Longitude Zero
02-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I believe it is good planning. However if societal norms were to break down and OK and TX decided to turn off the energy tap a majority of the US would be in deep kaka quickly. We however would be sitting pretty.

Both states have held talks as to just how this would occur and under what circumstances. So those in NE US should be more lenient towards the oil and gas companies you are screwing over in the search for oil and natural gas in your backyards.

tv_racin_fan
02-28-2012, 10:11 AM
What I want to know is where the guy who proposed the bill had intended to place the Aircraft Carrier.

Yes a doomsday LAW ought to be in place in every state and some of them ought to have contingency plans for aquiring an Aircraft Carrier...

LaP
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
In a doomsday scenario, I don't believe ANY currency will be of value.

Only food, water and ammo.

Bawanna
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
And toilet paper, don't forget toilet paper. Wyn says that's important.

Guess it could be used to clean guns in a pinch too. Only Charmin though.

Remember there's no longer a Sears Roebuck catalog in the out house so you gotta plan ahead. I guess the Sportsmens Guide might work, or Cabela's catalog.

OldLincoln
02-28-2012, 10:38 AM
I only hope they include some sort of frontier justice system and open loaded carry. When products get scarce others want what you have.

We have an ongoing problem with copper thieves in my area. Being cold now, they are actually climbing onto roofs of businesses and tearing out the copper coils from a/c units. Brazen, yes, but there's cause for it.

A few days ago people in a business heard a guy walking around on the roof, called the cops, he got arrested and released and was walking around the next day. They already have records for doing worse so they don't care about that, and the jails are overfull so only violent crimes are booked. Without consequences the risk is low. Yet if one were shot dead in the act the shooter would discover they have room for him.

knkali
02-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah I thought it was forward thinking.

jlottmc
02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I like it, and think all states need to have some form of that. The other thing would be some interstate pacts which would allow the cesspools to suffer together, and the rest of us to be ok.

DKD
02-28-2012, 03:13 PM
I agree....Food, guns, ammo, and yes BAWANNA Toilet Paper.
I also feel that paper currency would become useless. Don't forget Gold & Silver, through out history it was the worl currency for thousands of years.

Between myself, brother in law and a couple of good friends we could outfit an entire rifle company easily.

I readthat the stste of Texas alone has more privately owned firesarms than the entire US Military. Lord knows Florida has its share of red necks and country boys. Kind a bring to mind a comment made by one of our adversaries during WWII by Admiral Yamamoto on why Japan could never attack main land US " there would be a gun hiding behind every blade of grass"

ltxi
02-28-2012, 04:47 PM
And toilet paper, don't forget toilet paper. Wyn says that's important.

Guess it could be used to clean guns in a pinch too. Only Charmin though.

Remember there's no longer a Sears Roebuck catalog in the out house so you gotta plan ahead. I guess the Sportsmens Guide might work, or Cabela's catalog.

Never use Charmin to clean guns. It leaves the same kind of reside as WD40. Use cheap, generic but high strength tp.

OldLincoln
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Bounty!! You can clean your whole arsenal with one sheet!

Coop45
03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I only hope they include some sort of frontier justice system and open loaded carry. When products get scarce others want what you have.

We have an ongoing problem with copper thieves in my area. Being cold now, they are actually climbing onto roofs of businesses and tearing out the copper coils from a/c units. Brazen, yes, but there's cause for it.

A few days ago people in a business heard a guy walking around on the roof, called the cops, he got arrested and released and was walking around the next day. They already have records for doing worse so they don't care about that, and the jails are overfull so only violent crimes are booked. Without consequences the risk is low. Yet if one were shot dead in the act the shooter would discover they have room for him.

But the guy was collecting copper, should he reject a donation just because it would be wrapped around a little lead?

Coop45
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I agree....Food, guns, ammo, and yes BAWANNA Toilet Paper.
I also feel that paper currency would become useless. Don't forget Gold & Silver, through out history it was the worl currency for thousands of years.

Between myself, brother in law and a couple of good friends we could outfit an entire rifle company easily.

I readthat the stste of Texas alone has more privately owned firesarms than the entire US Military. Lord knows Florida has its share of red necks and country boys. Kind a bring to mind a comment made by one of our adversaries during WWII by Admiral Yamamoto on why Japan could never attack main land US " there would be a gun hiding behind every blade of grass"

We could sell California to Mexico for 300 pesos!!