PDA

View Full Version : PM9/CM9 Failure To Eject

Path4
02-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Was thinking about what personal defense rounds I'm going to try first through my CM9 and was thinking about what I've heard with some rounds failing to eject/failure to lock back on the last round. Ive had this happen alot with my Ruger 22/45 MKIII .22 caliber and it is largely attributed to the particular ammo not having enough pressure to fully cycle the slide/lock the slide back maybe. This is especially true for the Walther P22 with standard velocity rounds, and some people say without CCI or Remington Gold Dots. My 22/45 has had FTEs with all rounds but some much much more than others, same with FTFs.

Anyway, could other factors contribute to FTEs? The extractor?

Especially wondering because I think I heard of FTEs with Hornday Critical Defense 115gr, and im partial to Hornady...also seems like Hornady's polymer? insert would feed more reliably than standard open hollowpoints/expand through clothing more reliably?

BrewerGeorge
02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Haven't heard of many epidemic problems with the CM9 - except that people judge them too harshly during the break-in period. Mine feeds and ejects Critical Defense just fine.

U.S. Patriot
03-01-2012, 07:42 AM
I ran a box of 115 grain Hornady Critical Defense through my PM9 without issue.