PDA

View Full Version : Virginia repeals one gun a month law.

TheTman
03-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I bet this one has the lib's panties in a bunch.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/news/ap/politics/2012/Feb/28/va__governor_signs_repeal_of_1_handgun_a_month_law .html

DLButler
03-01-2012, 02:52 AM
We were waiting on the govenor to sign that. VT folks tried to convince him not to but the law didn't make sense with the new background checks. Also, the shooter at VT waited his month to get his guns.

ripley16
03-01-2012, 03:51 AM
I'm glad to see it. Even though I was immune from it and could buy more than one a month, it was certainly a stupid law. How many oranges or computers should I be limited to? Votes count.

melissa5
03-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Good for VA. I'm glad GA doesn't have any really crazy gun laws like that.

muggsy
03-01-2012, 09:05 AM
It's a rare thing, common sense. Va. has a good Governor.

Thunder71
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
You do realize the title almost reads 'vagina' right?

TheTman
03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
LOL, no I didn't, thanks for the laugh, I fixed it so it reads better now.

Bawanna
03-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't need a one gun a month law on the books. I have a wife.

jocko
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
You do realize the title almost reads 'vagina' right?

fopr perverts:D

gm412
03-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Now if they would repeal that same law here in California!

AJBert
03-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and say that most folks don't realize that, nation wide, if a person purchases two handguns within a five day period that the vendor is required to notify BATFE. Not that anything will happen to said individual, but the Feds will look into that 4473 just a bit more carefully.

Not sure if they would notice if the purchaser uses two different vendors, though.

TheTman
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
The law of economics keeps me from buying more than one new handgun a month. :( I tend to buy more expensive pistols, for better resale value. The least expensive new handgun I bought recently was the LC9 I bought for $350 + tax. I didn't have that very long and traded it for a Dan Wesson model 14 plus some cash. It has the "Pork Chop" style barrel, which has a straight piece of metal hanging down from the barrel shroud and keeps the cylinder in place. You don't see a lot of those. And I'm afraid the next pistol I buy is going to be in the 600 dollar range, I want a 10 shot model 617, so I can shoot .22 shorts out of it and not get the cops called on me.
Sucks to get annexed into a town that's real city limits is over 2 miles away. All the little towns around here are on an annexing craze, everything that used to be county land that they can annex has been. Only thing they can't annex you if you have over 20 acres, I only have 8. It's really quite the patchwork of city limits now, I can drive a mile down my street and go through 3 different towns. My taxes went up, but I sure as hell didn't get anything for it, no city water, sewer or anything. Not even the damn streetlights they promised us.

Cokeman
03-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Now if they would repeal that same law here in California!

CA has that law? Didn't know that.

QuercusMax
03-02-2012, 05:58 AM
And I'm afraid the next pistol I buy is going to be in the 600 dollar range, I want a 10 shot model 617.

I just got the 6" version .... verrrrrry nice! A really solid chuck of steel. Looks weird to see 10 little holes in the cylinder, though. The one I got was manufactured just 10 days before I purchased it.

Once I get through my own self-imposed waiting period (like yours, driven by monetary considerations), I'm thinking of a matching 686. Unless one of the other items on my wish list bubbles up higher.....

1radman
03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
It's a rare thing, common sense. Va. has a good Governor.

YES! Our Gov. also signed the Emergency Powers Reform Bill which prohibits the prohibition of lawful carry and transport of fire arms during a declared emergency.
Also a few other pro gun bills in the works with good odds of becoming law.

1radman
03-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and say that most folks don't realize that, nation wide, if a person purchases two handguns within a five day period that the vendor is required to notify BATFE. Not that anything will happen to said individual, but the Feds will look into that 4473 just a bit more carefully.

Not sure if they would notice if the purchaser uses two different vendors, though.

Thanks AJBert.
I did not know that...I only wish I could buy 'em that frequently.

michpatriot
03-02-2012, 07:37 PM
HOORAY that law was un-excuseable!

n2brk
03-03-2012, 09:47 AM
GREAT news - now let's see if we can do the same here in NJ!