PDA

View Full Version : Bad Guys Get Hungry

Russ
03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19419913&title=intruder-stopped-for-snack-before-fatal-shooting&s_cid=featured-2

Russ

Tinman507
03-01-2012, 05:40 PM
It's a shame the homeowner has to now endure the trauma of taking someone's life.

But you have to ask the question: Tortilla and ham? is that the best he could do?

Cokeman
03-02-2012, 12:39 AM
This has been on the news all day here.

340pd
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Nature weeding out the stupid. The outcome saved the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

MW surveyor
03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Can you say "shallow end of the gene pool"?

Don K.
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Just the way it's suppose to work out.....bad guy breaks in and the home owner protects himself and faimly. I love happy endings

Thunder71
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Wow, sounds like he was pretty comfy... changing his clothes and all.

ltxi
03-02-2012, 04:55 PM
It's a shame the homeowner has to now endure the trauma of taking someone's life...........

Are you kidding? Ridding the local area of idiot, malicious, predatory, subhuman waste should be cause for trauma? Never in my book.

Cokeman
03-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Have you shot an intruder?

Russ
03-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I take responsibility for taking this story lightly with my "Bad Guys Get Hungry" thread. This is a very tragic story. I don't know the husband/father who was placed in a situation no one with a conscience would delight to be in. I don't care the intruder allegedly had a track record of criminal behavior taking a life should never be relished and if it does it does not bode well for our values as a society.

The husband and father did the right thing by protecting his family and I would hope under the same circumstances I would have the courage to do the same.

I would hope in my mind I am not looking for the opportunity or celebrating the act but rather celebrate there are children in Utah who will have the opportunity to grow up with a mom and dad.

My hope is the children did not witness the tragedy and mom and dad will have the support they need to work through what they both witnessed in their bedroom.

Personally, I would most likely sell the home to rid myself of the memory.

Russ

Armybrat
03-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Apparently the 9mm nightcap was all that dirtbag deserved.

There should be no trauma for anyone who properly & legally defends themselves and their loved ones as was done in this case. If the homeowner has any PTSD, then he should see a good shrink, or better yet - talk it out on a defensive carry board.

Case in point - my nephew has been a LEO in a Central Texas town for decades. About 10 years ago several officers were called to the scene where a deranged young man was wildly firing a .22 rifle at everything around a reservoir. Nephew was standing next to his cruiser yelling at the guy to calm down when the fellow fired a couple rounds at him - hitting said cruiser. Nephew's nearby colleague shot the guy dead immediately. It was pretty tragic having to shoot a deranged person, but the officers' lives came first. It was a "good" shoot according to all their department's regulations.
Later, the chief asked the cop if he needed counseling, but he just replied, "What for?".

However, I do recognize that some folks are more sensitive & vulnerable than others and should get some help/support if needed.

Just hope that none of us are ever faced with such a situation.

Cokeman
03-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I'd be moving too, if possible.