PDA

View Full Version : Decision Time

Thunder71
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Ever since I bought my XDm I've wanted one just like it that was smaller and thinner to match up with it.

In the meantime I kind of gave up on it and entered the world of Kahr Arms, which has shown me nothing but reliability and of course the good folks here on this forum to whom most I wouldn't have 'met' otherwise.

Enter the Springfield Armory XDs.

Guys, I'm really struggling here as I really want this gun. I want the trigger safety, grip safety, ambi mag release, and the feel of my XDm... this is the gun I've been waiting for, and I've been longing silently for a .45 again.

The problem is that I've grown quite fond of my Kahr's (PM9 and MK9), but cannot keep them both if I get the XDs, which I've decided would put my 100% flawless PM9 on the market.

To make it even more difficult, I've really enjoyed my current setup - carrying the MK9 on my belt and the PM9 in a Galco ankle holster - they both shoot alike, use the same ammo, holsters and magazines, perfect combo really.

I would LOVE to not have to sell a gun to buy another, but I've been lucky with my wife's patience with me to this point and really don't want to push it, a happy wife = a happy life and all that. :o

Not really coming here in hopes anyone can solve my dilemma, there's really nothing to solve, I just need to finalize my decision - in some ways I think I was hoping that typing it out would help with that, as it's done before.

Thanks for listening, feel free to comment, ridicule, or simply give a fellow Kahr guy some empathy. :blah:

Wolffire99
03-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to sell the mk9 and have the XDm on your belt and the Pm9 on the ankle like you do now? I'd think it would give you more options.

Thunder71
03-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah, possibly... I thought about that as well, the MK9 would be a big heavy on the ankle I think.

I'm just torn. :(

cesande
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Right there with ya. In a different sort of way...
XDm 3.8 compact and just diving into Kahr cause of the capability to pocket carry in the hot summer months...
XDm may be the only one that I am considering putting on the "block"
My thinking is to make sure I have the same trigger on several carry options ...
This is why I am more than likely going all Kahr for carry and ??? for home..
I have several options for home so not that fussed....

And MY p380 is not leaving me..... so building up around that trigger

not sure I helped at all... just reviewing my current decisions

michpatriot
03-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to sell the mk9 and have the XDm on your belt and the Pm9 on the ankle like you do now? I'd think it would give you more options.
+1 this:)

kerby9mm
03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Around where I live (suburb of Detroit) pm9,s are a dime a dozen compared to availablity of the mk9. The mk9 I have is the only one I have ever seen in person. Triggerman lives in my vicinity so he could. (If he reads this post) add to my perception of availability. To me the mk9 is a special gun meaning I would hold on to it as you originally planned. Hope you make the decision you can live with.

QuercusMax
03-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Around where I live (suburb of Detroit) pm9,s are a dime a dozen compared to availablity of the mk9. The mk9 I have is the only one I have ever seen in person. Triggerman lives in my vicinity so he could. (If he reads this post) add to my perception of availability. To me the mk9 is a special gun meaning I would hold on to it as you originally planned. Hope you make the decision you can live with.

I just laid eyes on a second actual MK9 (besides mine) recently. It was in my not-so-local LGS for $800 (Elite 03 model, used). Looked really nice compared to some of the other junk there. Like seeing a shiny bar of silver bullion sitting next to a bunch of rusted scrap metal and plastic toys.

yqtszhj
03-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Keep both for now, buy the XDs, tell her you are going to sell one of the Kahr's (whichever gets a buyer first), and try to sell it for the price of a new one.

You'll never get any buyers and you'll get to keep them all.

JFootin
03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Keep both for now, buy the XDs, tell her you are going to sell one of the Kahr's (whichever gets a buyer first), and try to sell it for the price of a new one.

You'll never get any buyers and you'll get to keep them all.

Sneaky. I like it!:D

Thunder, I know you're in a dilemma. :( IMO, I know you are focused on that XDs, but I think you can convince your wife on what a fantastic deal the CW45 is right now (between $300 and $350 otd). Point out that it is the same high quality as the MK9 and PM9, has the same trigger, same number of rounds, same sights, same manual of arms, but shoots those 'big splat' bullets. A lot easier convincing than $200 more for the XDs. The thing is, it is a terrible thought you giving up either of those guns! Of course, the MK9 sold at the right price would sure cover the cost of the XDs and some accessories! Decisions, decisions. :rolleyes:

Barth
03-03-2012, 11:31 AM
You want to keep all your guns.
They have been good to you.

You're also married, and there in lies the dilemma.
Start a fund, scrimp and save, wait till she wants something - and strike!

So says Barth Six Barrels.
http://www.american-indian-artwork.com/images/indian_small.jpg
Clearly I have two failed marriages and will never be married again - LOL!.

zamboni
03-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Sell the PM. Buy a CM. You should net $150 towards the XDm. Save for a few months and you will have all 3 guns.??

JFootin
03-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Sell the PM. Buy a CM. You should net $150 towards the XDm. Save for a few months and you will have all 3 guns.??

LOL! I just don't think he's going to do that. :rolleyes:

Rufus
03-06-2012, 11:46 AM
It seems to me that every person that I know who has bought and sold guns seems to regret that they had sold virtually every gun they got rid of. I even have one friend who traded in a Kahr for some other brand, and went back to the dealer and bought his original Kahr back for more than he had traded it for. We are a crazy bunch of people!

getsome
03-06-2012, 12:35 PM
This is a no brainer...Sell the wife on eBay and use that money to buy the XDs...All problems solved!!!!....:banplease:

muggsy
03-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Ever since I bought my XDm I've wanted one just like it that was smaller and thinner to match up with it.

In the meantime I kind of gave up on it and entered the world of Kahr Arms, which has shown me nothing but reliability and of course the good folks here on this forum to whom most I wouldn't have 'met' otherwise.

Enter the Springfield Armory XDs.

Guys, I'm really struggling here as I really want this gun. I want the trigger safety, grip safety, ambi mag release, and the feel of my XDm... this is the gun I've been waiting for, and I've been longing silently for a .45 again.

The problem is that I've grown quite fond of my Kahr's (PM9 and MK9), but cannot keep them both if I get the XDs, which I've decided would put my 100% flawless PM9 on the market.

To make it even more difficult, I've really enjoyed my current setup - carrying the MK9 on my belt and the PM9 in a Galco ankle holster - they both shoot alike, use the same ammo, holsters and magazines, perfect combo really.

I would LOVE to not have to sell a gun to buy another, but I've been lucky with my wife's patience with me to this point and really don't want to push it, a happy wife = a happy life and all that. :o

Not really coming here in hopes anyone can solve my dilemma, there's really nothing to solve, I just need to finalize my decision - in some ways I think I was hoping that typing it out would help with that, as it's done before.

Thanks for listening, feel free to comment, ridicule, or simply give a fellow Kahr guy some empathy. :blah:

When I only had a few guns my wife knew their number. Now that I have a safe full she simply refers to them as, "all those guns". When I add a new one she doesn't even notice. :)

cjjohn
03-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I NEVER sell any of my guns.........I'll go without lunch for a few weeks, or skip the coffee stop, etc... if I have to in order to get what I want.

Thunder71
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I NEVER sell any of my guns.........I'll go without lunch for a few weeks, or skip the coffee stop, etc... if I have to in order to get what I want.

That's not a bad friggin' idea, I hate the thought of being without my PM9 and MK9.

It'll be black, so she probably won't even notice... :o

JFootin
03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
That's not a bad friggin' idea, I hate the thought of being without my PM9 and MK9.

It'll be black, so she probably won't even notice... :o

Yeah. Such a little gun, she won't even notice.....until she looks at the bills! :32: Then, it's time to :behindsofa:

Thunder71
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Luckily we're a little non-traditional in that sense - we both have our own accounts. :)

ptoemmes
03-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Something about asking for forgiveness instead of permission... :lie:

And then there's the potential for makeup, uhh, rhymes with ex. :blushing: