PDA

View Full Version : Pm45?

n9znd
03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I have a New CM9. I Love it so far. I am now looking into a PM45. Is there anything I should know about them? I am now hooked on Kahr's :D. Let me know how you a feel about the PM45 because you guys Have a great forum and great info. Thanks Jim

stuch77
03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
great guns i have 500rds on her flawless. but if you have any trouble with one look to the mag follower mod.

kahrseye
03-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Congrats on your new Kahr. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my PM45. And I love shooting it as well. It's very accurate and you'd be surprised how nice it is to shoot. And it's the easiest carrying .45 on the planet (IMHO). Go for it you won't be disappointed.

jocko
03-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I have a New CM9. I Love it so far. I am now looking into a PM45. Is there anything I should know about them? I am now hooked on Kahr's :D. Let me know how you a feel about the PM45 because you guys Have a great forum and great info. Thanks Jim

the 45 makes a bigger hole:D

rmoody
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
the 45 makes a bigger hole:D

You crack me up!!!

CJB
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I have a New CM9. I Love it so far. I am now looking into a PM45. Is there anything I should know about them?

They're even more addictive than the PM9!~

If you reload, they seem to prefer sort.. shorter.. rather than longer cartridge total length

Sweet shootin for small light .45

One's not enuf.

mser
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I too was considering a PM45. I've been carrying a PM9 as an off duty / backup pistol in a Galco Ankle Glove for several years. The only PM45 I've shot performed flawlessly, but consistently ejected the spent casings straight back into my face. It got to be a little irritating after fifty rounds, one of them even causing a nice little laceration to my forehead. I thought maybe it was me (being left handed or limp-wristing or....?) so I let another experienced (right handed) shooter try it. Same results except for the laceration. I'd love to have a 45 I can easily conceal, but this issue made me shy away from the Kahr.

JFootin
03-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Have a look at the CW45 (or the P45 if you want black finish). I haven't seen reports of shells ejecting into your face from these guns. Longer slide, slightly different dynamics and timing must make the difference. Holds one more round. You can get 3 fingers on the grip. Still very concealable on the waist, which is where you would carry the PM45 anyway. And for those who love a great deal, CW45s can be purchased right now for less than $350 out the door. Search around and read on this forum and you will find lots of very positive experiences and opinions about the CW45. A really great shooting gun.

jerstolp
03-05-2012, 07:43 AM
im a lefty and my pm45's shells never hit me. that being said i think ist a little more prone to jamming due to limp writsing. i traded it for a p9covert and within a week the guy wanted to trade back bc it kept jamming on him. i said no prob it never jammed on me. i let my lgs owner shoot it it jammed on him a couple times i took it back no jams for me again. and theese were both experienced shooters. it does kick hard but i like it:) hold it right, it'll be fine

DJK11
03-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Of my three Kahr pistols, the PM45 is my favorite. I just shoot it better than the P380 or PM9. The PM45 likes high power rounds, mine won't cycle 100% with powder-puff loads.

I reload on the hot end of the scale with a COL of 1.250 but can go as long as 1.300( max mag. size) and still feed OK.

I have more than 3600 rnds. through mine.

Bawanna
03-05-2012, 09:14 AM
I have no issues with mine, it does as mentioned like shorter loads and not girly man but it will run them.
I only get a case in the face when I get sloppy. Slightest hint of a limp wrist and I get a wake up call.
It's always with me and we get along just fine.

Dirt doc
03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I finished the break in for mine yesterday. It will jam when loading the first round with the slide stop lever. There is a fix for that but since it loads everytime when I slingshot it I'm not going to mess with it for now. That issue doesn't hinder it's use for me. The grip is longer than my PM9 such that I get all 3 fingers on it. I haven't had any of the other issues others have described like brass hitting me or dropped mags. I don't notice the recoil any more than I do on my PM9 and it is accurate when the shooter does their part. I posted a pic of my last target yesterday. I haven't carried it much yet but what little I have it has been comfortable and easily concealed. So far it has been a great purchase. I look forward to more range time and carry time with it. As others have said, it's fun to shoot.

Bawanna
03-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I finished the break in for mine yesterday. It will jam when loading the first round with the slide stop lever. There is a fix for that but since it loads everytime when I slingshot it I'm not going to mess with it for now. That issue doesn't hinder it's use for me. The grip is longer than my PM9 such that I get all 3 fingers on it. I haven't had any of the other issues others have described like brass hitting me or dropped mags. I don't notice the recoil any more than I do on my PM9 and it is accurate when the shooter does their part. I posted a pic of my last target yesterday. I haven't carried it much yet but what little I have it has been comfortable and easily concealed. So far it has been a great purchase. I look forward to more range time and carry time with it. As others have said, it's fun to shoot.

Sounds like your stripper bar needs a little bevel on it. Only thing that would change between sling shot and slide release lever. Slides back just a tad more to pick up the case. Easy fix if you ever feel the need.

Dirt doc
03-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks Bawanna. I came to the same conclusion after Greg sent me the page that describes the problem and has directions for the fix.

Your slipping. Greg beat you to the punch and he's not near the PM45 promoter you are!

I'm in no hurry to mess with it. It works great other than that one issue and it is so damned accurate I think I will leave well enough alone for the time being. Plus I don't know how someone other than Kahr working on it might impact the warranty. I've sufficiently demonstrated to myself that I can load it one handed if need be so I'm good for now.

Bawanna
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks Bawanna. I came to the same conclusion after Greg sent me the page that describes the problem and has directions for the fix.

Your slipping. Greg beat you to the punch and he's not near the PM45 promoter you are!

I'm in no hurry to mess with it. It works great other than that one issue and it is so damned accurate I think I will leave well enough alone for the time being. Plus I don't know how someone other than Kahr working on it might impact the warranty. I've sufficiently demonstrated to myself that I can load it one handed if need be so I'm good for now.

Greg would beat me easily in any contest that a person could dream up. Smart and wicked fast that one. I'm not qualified to carry his bags and feel fortunate I'm allowed to share the same air with him.