PDA

View Full Version : Elite Survival Systems...anybody?

chrish
03-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Anybody have any experience w/ this company's gear?

I've been looking for something to use at the range, and this would accomodate my P9 and TP9...and even be useful for carry if I rotated it around behind my 3:00 belt loop. Looks well made. But I can't find much of ANYTHING out there on this company. I was originally looking at their 'uncle mike' type range holster w/ the mag pouch in front, but then saw this.

http://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-holsters/elite-belt-slide-holster/

Anybody?

Any thoughts?

I also ran across DeSantis NyPad N67 holsters. Many of the search results include a picture of a Kahr K9 in that holster, looks pretty nice...but can't find it. Anybody heard of the NyPad for a Kahr?

Bawanna
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
My thoughts only just because you asked. This is the type of holster that fills drawers all over the place. Might be ok for range but it's basically what I call a sack holster. It relies on the thumb break to keep the gun from falling out.

A thumb break is made for holsters that don't properly fit a gun. Nothing to do with weapon retention.

I think you can do much better with your 45 dollars. I certainly don't mean to bad mouth this particular company, I'm only talking about that holster type.
In rereading your post it sounds like your trying to fit multiple guns, that being the case this might be the ticket for you as most holsters will not fit multiple size guns with the exception of 1911's usually.

chrish
03-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Bawanna, thanks, had some of the same thoughts. Yes, would like to fit both the P and TP. I haven't found anything for the TP iwb or owb that totally covers the slide/barrel. I have only found slide type stuff and even that has only been iwb holsters like my comptac infidel.

This type of holster is not really how I want to carry the TP anywhere. I want an owb kydex that isn't a slide holster. But not having any luck and figured one of these nylon jobs would do the job and seem to be my only option. This one at lease looked semi compact and slim.

Basically I feel I am stuck in regard to the TP9. If I could find an owb kydex that fits the TP, it would work for the P as well. I ran across blade-tech, looks OK, kinda iffy construction appearance and pretty expensive for a range holster. Compact, PJ, Garrett have zilch long enough for the TP. Same goes for all the other guys. They stop at P slide length.

Bawanna
03-07-2012, 04:05 PM
You might contact Ron or Sheryl at Garret, I'm sure they could make either IWB or OWB for you.

PJ Holsters has a following around here too.

I also like Mernickle, in fact for OWB it's my hands down favorite of them all.

Might be tricky to fit both guns but they would fit each gun like a glove the way a holster should.

chrish
03-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks, will check out mernickel, never heard of them. Had not considered directly contacting anywhere, figured a custom garrett or comptac would cost a fortune, but worth an email I suppose.

ron61
03-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks, will check out mernickel, never heard of them. Had not considered directly contacting anywhere, figured a custom garrett or comptac would cost a fortune, but worth an email I suppose.

I can make you a holster that will fit both for no custom charge at all.

Bawanna
03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I can make you a holster that will fit both for no custom charge at all.

hylton, just so you know ron61 is my man Ron @ garrett. I see a new relationship forming for you. Dang, I should have been a gypsy fortune teller.

chrish
03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Well, there you go.

Ron, I will give you a yell via email or phone early next week. I have some pressing work for a geek event i'm prepping for on Saturday. Thanks a TON. This is probably just what i'm looking for...

Did not know any of the holster folks were hanging out here. Cool.

Thanks guys! Both of you!

chrish
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
So...

Didn't go w/ the Elite Survival thing after this post by Ron. But got really busy w/ work, finally up for air and I placed my Garrett order today. Went w/ the STX w/ clips, dark brown leather interior, to fit both the TP9 and P9. Can't wait! Looking forward to having the STX for the range and then maybe dropping my CompTac for a ST IWB later on.

Thanks Bawanna and Ron!

Thanks Sheryl for the email support on picking what I needed!