PDA

View Full Version : shooting low with meprolight sights?

djsung815
03-08-2012, 10:06 PM
hey guys,
just went to the range today to test out my new meprolight sights, and i consistently hit 2-3 inches below where i was aiming at.

anyone have similar experience? do i just need to aim higher than normal from now on? am i doing something wrong?

Hognutz
03-09-2012, 07:24 AM
I would shoot it off of a sandbag to make sure the it is not you. If it is, indeed, shooting low, just take a little more front sight when you shoot. You don't say which Kahr you are shooting, but the PM/CM series are really not "target" pistols, per se. They are for 15 yards, or so, and in. Two inches really doesn't make much difference on a bad guy. Try the sandbag and adjust from there..Good luck..Mike

Bill K
03-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I assume you were hitting point of aim with your stock sights so maybe maybe meprolight has a shorter front sight they can swap with you to get you back on target.

wyntrout
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Use the top of the DOT, not the post, level with the "line" across the top of the rear sight... and put that on the desired point of impact. You can adjust your sight picture so that POA = POI.

Wynn:)

DJK11
03-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I have Meprolight on my PM9 and Trijicon on all the others and always shoot low with the PM9. To hit POA, I must cover the dot with the front site.