PDA

View Full Version : CM9 initial range report

titus1971
03-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Well I took "Annie" to the range for her first session. Fired about 60 rds. Everything went well. I had one stovepipe at about rd 25 but I'm almost certain I was limp wristing because I was concentrating really hard on the trigger break and for some reason my grip relaxes when I do that. I made sure I had a firm grasp after that and had no more issues. One thing about the smaller 9's, they are more prone to limpwristing than say, a full size glock, springfield etc. That's not a knock on the gun, it's just physics. Other than that it ran like a champ. grouping was really good for a 3 inch barrel. Still getting used to the bar-dot sights. It was mostly fmj but I ran a few hornady 115gr critcal defense, GDHP 124 gr +p's and corbon 115 gr +p's. I really couldnt tell much of a recoil difference between the 124 grain Speers and 115 grain cor-bon's but I know- that's a whole different thread!

JFootin
03-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Good report on Annie!

Don't try to stage or anticipate the trigger break. The smooth Kahr trigger doesn't load up or give any indication when it's going to break. Concentrate on developing a smooth, continuous stroke that pulls the trigger as far back as it will go, kind of a karate stroke that goes through the break point. Practice doing this stroke without disturbing your aim and, surprise, your bullets land on target!

The other thing to remember is that there is no short reset. You have to let the trigger return all the way. It is like a light double action revolver trigger in that respect.

air8
03-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Ok. Can I get more detail on the Annie name?

titus1971
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Well I name all my pistols (it's just a thing I do, makes them seem like part of the family). And I actually got this cm9 on my wifes birthday and her middle name is Ann so I figured Id name it for her. Some of my other pistols names are Matilda, Stella, and Val. Those nmaes normally correspond o a meaning like "warrior", "battle maiden" etc. The kids like to help pick out the name when I get a new gun (gotta keep the kids involved ya know)

air8
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Lol. Cool idea.