PDA

View Full Version : CM9 Recoil Spring

trikerbiker
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Just wanted to say that I had to deal with Kahr customer service about my CM9's end of recoil spring coming off last Friday. Excellent experience and service. Representative was polite, professional and took care of problem/concern immediately. 2 new recoil springs arrived this morning. Sweet.
I also had a Ruger Sr22 pistol gun issue and called them the same day....we won't go there. Lets just say at this point its been a night and day difference....safe shooting, trikerbiker

muggsy
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Customer service next to none.

Hognutz
03-10-2012, 09:43 PM
They do treat you like gold. I have nothing but good to say about their C.S.

kerby9mm
03-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Mine went back 3 times although I should have been only once due to their not listening to me and not repairing what was really wrong which eventually was fixed. Polite and very willing to “get it right” at no cost to me. Fedx picked it up and brought it back all 3 times. Kahr CS is next to none

zhills
03-14-2012, 09:31 AM
I had the end cap come off of my recoil spring assembly also, I emailed Kahr, with my serial # and mailing address, they sent me a new recoil spring right away. After installing the new recoil spring, I racked the slide and let it stay open with the slide catch lever, stood it up between two bookends, with the recoil spring arm and end cap in the 12:00 oclock position, and applyied a drop of permatex green thread penatrating. let soak in and dry for 24 hours as recommended by instructions on permatex tube. Never had a problem since. But if so I'll just buy another assembly. and do the same thing. I do save my springs though, in the hopes that Kahr will start supplying the recoil spring end caps someday.

jocko
03-14-2012, 11:01 AM
oh that green is the tuffrest locktite made. It will more than hold, it IMO will not come off either wtihout heart applied. U won't have to worry about loosing that sucker and being kahr doesn't sell the outter recoil springs separtely, ur gonna hav eto buy the entiree assembly anyhow, so in ur case a good deal. I have asked kahr wahy the4y dropped selling ther outter recoi8l springs separately , which they used to do for the PM series but the answerr made no sense to me. Eventually wolffs gunsprigns will come out with one for the new model cm amd PM series kahrs.

zhills
03-23-2012, 10:34 AM
oh that green is the tuffrest locktite made. It will more than hold, it IMO will not come off either wtihout heart applied. U won't have to worry about loosing that sucker and being kahr doesn't sell the outter recoil springs separtely, ur gonna hav eto buy the entiree assembly anyhow, so in ur case a good deal. I have asked kahr wahy the4y dropped selling ther outter recoi8l springs separately , which they used to do for the PM series but the answerr made no sense to me. Eventually wolffs gunsprigns will come out with one for the new model cm amd PM series kahrs.

I hear ya! I saved my old recoilspring assembly in the hopes that Kahr would just start selling the end cap. I would just screw on the end cap to the old recoil spring assembly apply a drop of the Permatex green, and I would have a backup Recoil spring assembely if I needed it, But I guess Kahr woul just rather you pay the $23.00 dollaes for a new recoil spring Assembly :confused: