PDA

View Full Version : Cw9/lg 437?

Fredrick
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi all, new member here from Ga. Just got my 1st Kahr (CW9). Seems like a great gun for CCW. Just 2 complaints so far: recoil spring a bugger to put back over guide rod (wish was an assembled unit) and had a hard time with aim so am considering the Crimson Trace LG-437. Is it easy to put on & does it add bulk say in front pocket concealed?

Thanks

Fred

Vinikahr
02-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Congrats and Welcome!

jocko
02-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Hi all, new member here from Ga. Just got my 1st Kahr (CW9). Seems like a great gun for CCW. Just 2 complaints so far: recoil spring a bugger to put back over guide rod (wish was an assembled unit) and had a hard time with aim so am considering the Crimson Trace LG-437. Is it easy to put on & does it add bulk say in front pocket concealed?

Thanks

Fred

of thesel little piddly issues willgo away with some practice, especially your shot groups. You just got the gun, it is new to you, the trigger pull is looooong by smooth. It takes alittle time to get used to the kahr triggers,

the recoil spring, ,, wow, that is a new one on me. Never been an issue to my knowledge. again somethng that a few dozen times taken down, willbe a no brainer. Give the gun and YOU the shooter time with each other and both will go away. CT is a damn good sight system though. You will certainly shoot better with it, if that isyour total desire..

Fredrick
02-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Well thanks for input. Indeed the CW9 will be the weapon I will concentrate on the next few trips to the range. Practicing with the Crimson Trace is tempting must admit (maybe after I pay off the new Beretta CX4 Storm carbine!! :-))

Thanks

Fred

rkirk
02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
You have bought a great pistol. I also have a new CW9. I had a similar experience shooting my CW9. I discovered it came down to trigger control. I had to work hard to keep the front sight from moving as I squeezed the trigger. If I did not concentrate the shot was low and to the right. I am a lefty. So pull the trigger straight back. Hard to do with a long smooth trigger. I shot XDs and HP pistols before buying the Kahr, the Kahr trigger is different. The Kahr is a semi-auto revolver. You are right the recoil spring is stout. Keep working with the spring and you will develop a technique.

Welcome to the forum. Keep us up on your experience with your CW9.

-- Richard

mr surveyor
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Fredrick

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new purchases.... both the CW9 and the CX4 Storm. Another CX4 fan/owner here:)

By the way... you NEVER get through paying for a CX4 Storm... there's head's up sights, optical sights, lights, lasers......... then start over again with new variations of each

surv

edit to add.... there's also the CW9 add-on to consider... the new Trijicon Tritium Night Sights... I highly recommend them

hdawson
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
The CW9 is a great carry weapon. With the CT laser, even better. Mine is dressed in a Mitch Rosen fine leather holster (belt). Very nice leather work!
:cool:

recoilguy
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Congrats on the CW9. You will get used to the recoil spring, It is just a little different then some other weapons. The sites do take some getting used to but once you do they are great. The CT is a nice addition to the gun but not manditory by any stretch to get good tight groups. Practice is really what it takes. Have fun be safe.

RCG

Fredrick
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Man, I love that quote! Made me and my wife laugh. Well, I am sure with a bit more practice that the spring will get easier to put back on and no doubt will get the CT.

Thanks for the post.

Fred

Fredrick
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Ah, another CX4 fan, when I first brought the CX4 home told my wife I might even sleep with it! Just kidding. BTW, which reminds me of R Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket ("tonight you will give your weapon a girls name ..." nevermind. :-) Anyways! You remind me of something a coworker told me when I said I think I've bought my last gun for awhile, she says, "No you haven't, buying guns is like tattoos, once you get ONE you just keep wanting more." :-)

mr surveyor
02-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Fred

I noticed that the first time I took the CW9 and the CX4 to the range together, they fell in love with each other. Even though they don't share common magazines, they do enjoy the same ammunition, and besides that, they just make such a darned cute couple:)

surv