PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have a K9?

Joe L
03-11-2012, 10:11 AM
I stopped at a gun shop while on the road last week and they had a very nice K9 all stainless with the wood grips. I didn't check the serial number. Looked like a nice gun for $550, but I am not at all familiar with them, my only experience is with the PM40 and the CM9. I'd love to have a full size 9mm Kahr. Thoughts?
Joe

wyntrout
03-11-2012, 10:38 AM
It's a great pistol... the best feeling one I've ever held. I prefer the original rubber grips' tactile feel. I think the pistol is too heavy for CCW, especially since I have four polymers for CCW. I put CT laser Grips on mine... lost some of that rubber tactile feeling, but it's my gun-at-hand for watching TV. I keep it stoked with Speer Gold Dots... +P 124-gr... in the 8-round, extended-grip mags... two reloads with it.

I think that I paid about $580 for mine in early '98... new with night sights. I had those re-lamped in 2010 at Trijicon for $54 including return shipping.

Wynn:)

ripley16
03-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I'd love to have a full size 9mm Kahr. Thoughts?

I have one equipped like Wynn's K9. It's a nice shooting gun, softer recoiling by a bit than the lighter polymer Kahrs. If it's a fairly new model you're looking at, then the price is pretty much in line, but older K9s can be found for less, say $400-450.

It will most likely have the longer trigger than your other Kahrs. Did you dry fire it in the shop? I'd call the K series the mid range size. If you want a full size Kahr, you'll need to look for a T series, but they're harder to find than the K.

jocko
03-11-2012, 11:31 AM
u can take the serial # off the gun ad then come on this forum and hit on kahr serial # kand see about when its birth date was. I would second what Ripley 16 stated. More than likely it has the nypd trigger which is not a bad thing at all.

JFootin
03-11-2012, 11:43 AM
I just want to note that the market is flooded right now with used K9s because the NYCPD has disapproved them for backup carry by their police officers. The prices could be depressed a bit by this. Maybe not on a wood gripped non-PD one. JMO. YMMV.

Joe L
03-12-2012, 04:41 AM
Thanks, gentlemen. I'll take a closer look. I lurked around on the K forum enough to get a little better idea what I am looking at as well.
Joe

JohnR
03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Wood grips? Full size?

Sure it's not a T9?

http://www.kahr.com/GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=T91688.jpg&w=326&h=278