PDA

View Full Version : CM9 range report

vwguy
03-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Finally had a chance to take my new CM9 to the range, I put thru 100 rounds of Wolf ammo w/out a hiccup. I was shooting about 1ft low at 10 yards so I had another guy shoot and he was also low, but not by as much. Finally had a range "sharp shooter" give it a try and he was only a couple inches low. So, I guess it's me and not the gun!

HamsterStyle
03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Please pardon my ignorance but is the wolf ammo all steel cased and coated? Are the extractors on the Kahr's ok with the coated and/or steel cases over time and lots of rounds? I just picked up my first Kahr and it is also a CM9. I was thinking about ordering a case of the wolf if it will run through and not hurt the extractor. Glad to hear the new gun fired good. Here's to lots of successful range trips.

jocko
03-11-2012, 06:56 PM
I would see if u can try a couple of boxes first before buying a case. U can guy at wal mart wwb 115 ammo for alittle over 20 bucks and also federa., both brass cases. More than likely ur cm9 will do OK with wolfes but I sure would like to try a few boxes and the price would have to be awfully damn good to not buy the wal mart american made ammo.

IMO u have one of th efinest 9mm guns out there, why try to save a few bucks on the hudred for ammo that is made in another coutry under none of the ammo restrictions and quality controls thatwe offer here. Just sayin.

HamsterStyle
03-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Fair enough. At our local Walmart, wwb 100 packs are $24 and the 50 packs of wwb and federal are $12.99. I'd just like to keep a quantity of ammo on hand or plinking and other shooters. Ultimate goal is to start reloading by the end of the year. Thanks for the input Jocko

Kahrbonized
03-11-2012, 09:41 PM
At the last gun show there was a guy selling 115gr Blazer brass and 124gr American Eagle for $10 a box out the door. That is when you load up.

OldLincoln
03-12-2012, 12:03 AM
At the last gun show there was a guy selling 115gr Blazer brass and 124gr American Eagle for $10 a box out the door. That is when you load up.

Just curious, is there a way to verify it really is new factory Blazer and Eagle before buying? I hate it when I get a great deal buying a bunch and finding out later I was snookered.:eek:

Kahrbonized
03-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Well if you handle enough ammo there are telltale signs you can notice to tip you off but I suppose if someone want to go to enough trouble to fool unsuspecting buyers they probably could. These were new production packed in the factory cases the box flaps were straight and hadn't been opened, everything was bright, shiny, uniform colors, no tool marks or blemishes. I did pull an example of each apart for another reason, not to see if they were genuine and the inside of the cases were new too so I have no doubt these were the real deal. I've seen this guy selling boxes from cases before. I think he must make only a buck a box but makes up in volume.
There are some who will try to pass off reloads as new ammo. You can often tell because their assembly QC isn't as good as factory and there will be details that just don't look right, like primers, marks on the cases, dog eared eared flaps or boxes that look to be opened multiple times, worn bullet trays etc.