PDA

View Full Version : PM9 back from Kahr - Range Report

Zertek
03-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Well I got my new PM9 back from Kahr today this is what they wrote: Problem Reported: Breaking Magazines Inspect Slide For Spots. 1 Mag Action taken: Inspected, Polished Barrel,Slide,Replaced Magazine.Lubed, Test Fired Good.
So I ran 200 rds of Federal American Eagle through it, One handed, double taps, Limp wristed, I really gave it a work out and it was perfect. no problems at all. I thought I'd give you guys an update. I'm a happy camper :D

Hognutz
03-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I like a story with a happy ending. If it's broke, Kahr will fix it. They are good that way. I am glad that your PM9 is fixed. Ooh-Rah!!

crazymailman
03-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Glad to hear Kahr got you fixed up!

jocko
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
doesn't sound like they really did anything IMO, hopefully it was a bad magazie for the barrel polishing and lubi9jg stuff has nothing todo with the mags splitting..

JimC
03-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Sounds like you had the same guy work on your PM9 that worked on mine back on 7/29/11.

As per the Kahr Technical Service Work Sheet

Problem Reported:
Splitting magazines

Action Taken:
POLISHED BARREL.REPLACED MAGS.LUBED.TEST FIRED. GOOD.

There was no indication who worked on my PM9.

My PM9 came back and has worked 100% since for over 1,300 rds. :D

Zertek
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
doesn't sound like they really did anything IMO, hopefully it was a bad magazie for the barrel polishing and lubi9jg stuff has nothing todo with the mags splitting..
Yea you might just have something there, that's what I thought too, I talked to Eion and he said by polishing the barrel and the slide & the ramp it would change the pressure. I don't know anything about that sorta stuff, anyone ever heard of that??

JimC
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM

It would seem that you have changed your mind since my post back on 7/18/11 when you said:

thats a real shame, but evidently they think it must be gun related, so bit the bullet and let um have it back.
That is damn nice shooting, If I was close I would loan u my PM9 until it gets back.

:confused:

jocko
03-13-2012, 05:03 PM
not really. glad u keep a good eye on me, kinda tells me alot about u. actually since they did it to yours and it is now perfect and now to this fella's gun , then maybe my assumption is wrong.

You seem like a very vijndicitive person Jim. a shame one has to live that way. Just sayin.

JimC
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
You seem like a very vijndicitive person Jim. a shame one has to live that way. Just sayin.

Me vindictive? :eek:

Not at all, I just have good recall when someone gives me their opinion and then gives someone else an opposite opinion on the same issue. ;)

And yes, my PM9 runs 100% except for the bad mags right from the beginning and no, I don't believe for one mionute that what the Kahr people did to my PM9 had any bearing on the two mags splitting.

Long story short...Kahr has POS mags for their pistols.

bonjorno2
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
^^^ agreed their mags suck, they need to find another place to get them from!

Kahrbonized
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
So who makes a good aftermarket mag for the PM & CM series?
Don't anyone say Promag or I'll puke all over you.

Zertek
03-14-2012, 01:43 PM
^^^ agreed their mags suck, they need to find another place to get them from!
Actually I asked them specifically if they made their own magazines and Eion said they did make their own magazines.