PDA

View Full Version : Have decided to keep!!! Please Delete!!!

Chogers
03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
For Sale Kahr PM9193N. It is only 6 months old and has fired 350 rounds. Very clean and well maintained. My PM9 has Tritium night sights with manual safety and loaded chamber indicator. I am dropping the price to $650 and wont go any lower now. I have 3 mags, desantis nemesis pocket holster, and 2 pierce finger extensions. I also have the case, trigger lock and manual. I am located in lower western Michigan. You can buy a new one on www.budsgunshop.com (http://www.budsgunshop.com) for $722 plus tax and fees. Mine you get night sights, 2 extra mags, and holster.

Thunder71
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Because it's pretty common to find a used PM9 for about $550 and not many people want an external safety.

Chogers
03-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Because it's pretty common to find a used PM9 for about $550 and not many people want an external safety.

Ouch! With night sites and all the bells n whistles? This gun retails for $1049.

Thunder71
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Can't go by retail or new prices, have to go by what people are willing to pay. Tack on a little for night sights and extras and you'd probably get $650, my best guess.

Not saying it's not worth more.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

Chogers
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Can't go by retail or new prices, have to go by what people are willing to pay. Tack on a little for night sights and extras and you'd probably get $650, my best guess.

Not saying it's not worth more.

Thanks Thunder! Now I am just hoping for $700 with tax included. Please put the word out for me if you know anyone!

Thunder71
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Will do... for what it's worth, I'd love to own that setup - very nice.

It's just my opinion, hopefully others will chime in - I could be way off, unfortunately though, Kahr released the CM9 which seems to have thrown PM9 sales off a bit.

I hope you get the full $750 for it personally, 3 mags alone are worth about $75.

Bawanna
03-13-2012, 09:39 PM
It also fills a specialty niche for folks in states that require that safety, chamber loaded indicator and the constitution stamped on the top of the slide. Also some prefer having that safety.
Be patient, some times it takes a spell for the word to get out. All it takes is one right guy and you got your sale.

Vaden
03-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Hell I cant even get $650 for my minty new T9 with 2010 night sights, all factory stickers, tags, manuals, locks, padded case and stainless steel guide rod and these are supposed to be rare and valuable. Kahrs are hard to sell where I'm from, though if your trying to ditch a Glock, Hipoint or S&W SWve9 youve got people stalking you to buy. GO figure. Nice piece youve got there, best of luck with your sale.

kerby9mm
03-14-2012, 03:24 AM
I also live in Michigan,Livonia/Farmington area. You would really be sick about it if you took it to a G Mountain or a LGS they typically offer only 60% of its value. That would put you somewhere in the low $400's. Its a shame but it is what it is.

rossunger
03-14-2012, 04:20 AM
I looked at Bud's as you suggested and he has two used pm9's for sale for $529 each. I think he provides free shipping as well.

Chogers
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Hell I cant even get $650 for my minty new T9 with 2010 night sights, all factory stickers, tags, manuals, locks, padded case and stainless steel guide rod and these are supposed to be rare and valuable. Kahrs are hard to sell where I'm from, though if your trying to ditch a Glock, Hipoint or S&W SWve9 youve got people stalking you to buy. GO figure. Nice piece youve got there, best of luck with your sale.

Vaden I hear ya about the Glocks and the 642s by S&W. Easy to get sell thats for sure! Thanks for the luck. I need it apparently! Same to you!

Chogers
03-14-2012, 08:16 AM
I also live in Michigan,Livonia/Farmington area. You would really be sick about it if you took it to a G Mountain or a LGS they typically offer only 60% of its value. That would put you somewhere in the low $400's. Its a shame but it is what it is.

I hear ya Kerby. Most any LGS will only give you half or so of the the value and tell you your better off selling it to someone else. But I can never find that someone else.

Chogers
03-14-2012, 08:19 AM
I looked at Bud's as you suggested and he has two used pm9's for sale for $529 each. I think he provides free shipping as well.

Yup Rossunger they probably do but they arent the ones with the loaded chamber indicator, thumb safety or night sites either. And im pretty sure they dont come with 3 mags.

kerby9mm
03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Chogers. You didn't say why you want to sell which is your business but if you can keep it you should IMO. I've taken big losses to get other guns for the last time.

Vaden
03-14-2012, 09:26 AM
After thinking about my baby (T9) up for sale I pulled it out of the case and took some scotchbrite to the barrel hood, which I previously polished to a shine because of scuffing from the slide. Its now a very nice matte like the rest of the gun. I lubed her up reassembled. What am I thinking? Shes a keeper! I plan on running another couple of hundred rounds through it in a few weeks and master my grip and really break it in. I bought it as my CCW weapon (if IL ever gets CCW) and we are getting closer with every court case. I think I'm taking it off the market.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5188/kahrright.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4067/kahrleft.jpg

LD48750
03-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Yup Rossunger they probably do but they arent the ones with the loaded chamber indicator, thumb safety or night sites either. And im pretty sure they dont come with 3 mags.

Well... the night sites and loaded chamber indicator don't add to the value in my mind but the thumb safety does lower it.
As for the mags, as you know, two come with every PM9 and the third is just an extra for the range to me. How many people actually carry two spare mags?
I'm in the market for one but will not pay $600+.

Bawanna
03-14-2012, 09:41 AM

The only reason that minty T9 isn't living at my house is I don't got the 650 bucks. That and my addictive extremely long list of wants that no one on this forum seems to want to help me with.
Hello, my name is bawanna and I'm a gunaholic. It they made a T45 I'd probably be in a padded room with a drool cup, oh I already have the drool cup.

Vaden
03-14-2012, 09:50 AM
The only reason that minty T9 isn't living at my house is I don't got the 650 bucks. That and my addictive extremely long list of wants that no one on this forum seems to want to help me with.
Hello, my name is bawanna and I'm a gunaholic. It they made a T45 I'd probably be in a padded room with a drool cup, oh I already have the drool cup.

Welcome to the club Bawanna :blushing:

Once I started again last summer I couldnt stop.
.45 .40 9mm .22...I had to have them all and if .38Super, .357 Sig and 10mm were affordable to shoot, I'd have one in each of those calibers crammed in my case as well!
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/337/case1lp.jpg

tsltrek
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Well... the night sites and loaded chamber indicator don't add to the value in my mind but the thumb safety does lower it.
As for the mags, as you know, two come with every PM9 and the third is just an extra for the range to me. How many people actually carry two spare mags?
I'm in the market for one but will not pay $600+.

This is my opinion also. And the fact that a CM9 is $379 from grabagun.
I am in the market for a CM/PM9, but certainly will choose a new CM9 over a +$200 used PM9. Just my $.02.

Chogers
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
After thinking about my baby (T9) up for sale I pulled it out of the case and took some scotchbrite to the barrel hood, which I previously polished to a shine because of scuffing from the slide. Its now a very nice matte like the rest of the gun. I lubed her up reassembled. What am I thinking? Shes a keeper! I plan on running another couple of hundred rounds through it in a few weeks and master my grip and really break it in. I bought it as my CCW weapon (if IL ever gets CCW) and we are getting closer with every court case. I think I'm taking it off the market.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5188/kahrright.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4067/kahrleft.jpg

Nice gun but IMO you should still try and sell it and than buy mine and hopefully by than Illinois will be another CPL compliant state and you can carry mine much better than that full size T9. :D

Vaden
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Nice gun but IMO you should still try and sell it and than buy mine and hopefully by than Illinois will be another CPL compliant state and you can carry mine much better than that full size T9. :D

Lol not when your 6'3" and 280lbs, the T9 hides real nice and has enough grip for my big paws to hold on to. The only reason I was trying to sell was to pick up a commander or micro 1911 since I am quite adept with shooting and smithing that platform.

Bawanna
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Lol not when your 6'3" and 280lbs, the T9 hides real nice and has enough grip for my big paws to hold on to. The only reason I was trying to sell was to pick up a commander or micro 1911 since I am quite adept with shooting and smithing that platform.

That reminds me I need to refocus and try to find something I'm adept at? Time is running out and I better figure something out soon or life will be pointless, not because it's safe not being sharp but cause I just didn't do nothing good ya know?

tsltrek
03-15-2012, 05:02 AM
OP:
Here is an example for you...$500 shipped. Thumb safety. Not even broken in.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/972645_WTS__Khar_PM9__500_Shipped___475_FTF_Clarks ville_TN__.html

Tinman507
03-15-2012, 05:15 AM
That reminds me I need to refocus and try to find something I'm adept at? Time is running out and I better figure something out soon or life will be pointless, not because it's safe not being sharp but cause I just didn't do nothing good ya know?

I suppose artistry in grips don't count? Playing King Solomon on KahrTalk doesn't count? Methinks you sell yourself way short Boss.

BillH
03-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Have you tried FTF at any gun shows? I looked at yours and a couple of others, but by the time shipping and FFL charges are paid it's not worth it even with the extras. Wish you the best on it.

Springer
03-15-2012, 04:41 PM

Bawanna; You HAVE to buy a T9...so I can get some Osage Orange grips!

Chogers
03-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Have you tried FTF at any gun shows? I looked at yours and a couple of others, but by the time shipping and FFL charges are paid it's not worth it even with the extras. Wish you the best on it.

Isnt there a way to get the gun transferred over to another owner for free? I always have bought all my guns from my LGS so I dont remember any fees associtated with it except for tax but if its from a private owner to a private owner what fees are associtated and cant tax be avoided somehow? Where are you from BillH?

MLESa7990
03-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Unless you are in the same state as the buyer, you would need to ship the gun to an ffl, who would likely charge a transfer fee.

Chogers
03-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Unless you are in the same state as the buyer, you would need to ship the gun to an ffl, who would likely charge a transfer fee.

Ok but what if I drove to the buyers home state to do the deal? Also if indeed the buyer does live in the same state as the seller than what fees would be incurred? Thanks for info!

LD48750
03-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Ok but what if I drove to the buyers home state to do the deal? Also if indeed the buyer does live in the same state as the seller than what fees would be incurred? Thanks for info!

If you sell across state lines with a handgun, you are required to go through a FFL dealer. That is FED law.

MLESa7990
03-16-2012, 06:38 AM

I don't know how the laws are in your state, but in the state I live in, you are allowed 4 face to face sales per year. that is you fill out paperwork with the buyer when you sell the gun and mail the paperwork in. After that, you are required to make all transactions through an FFL. You would more likely than not be charged a transfer fee by the FFL.

LD48750
03-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Chogers .... Being from MI., you might want to look at http://www.migunowners.org/?

Check out their forum and classifieds.
The forum will give you all the info you need about selling & the classifieds are mostly MI people.

Chogers
03-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Chogers .... Being from MI., you might want to look at http://www.migunowners.org/?

Check out their forum and classifieds.
The forum will give you all the info you need about selling & the classifieds are mostly MI people.

Hey thanks LD. I just registered on their site. Looks like alot of good info on there too!

itsthelaw
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Here is a little feedback from someone who is actively looking for a PM9. My LGS will order a NIB PM9 for $600, and I have to add NC sales tax of $40. The OTD price is then $640 for a new one. I understand that the LGS model does not have NS, a third mag or the pocket holster, but those are "nice to haves" to some of us. In my case, I wouldn't consider yours at $680 after FFL fee and someone has to pay shipping. You are getting closer with the used gun, so I wish you the best.

Chogers
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Here is a little feedback from someone who is actively looking for a PM9. My LGS will order a NIB PM9 for $600, and I have to add NC sales tax of $40. The OTD price is then $640 for a new one. I understand that the LGS model does not have NS, a third mag or the pocket holster, but those are "nice to haves" to some of us. In my case, I wouldn't consider yours at $680 after FFL fee and someone has to pay shipping. You are getting closer with the used gun, so I wish you the best.

This is what I dont understand...I bought this gun 6 months ago. New, my gun retails for $1049 on Kahr.com because it is the PM9193N. It has the LCI, the thumb safety, and the night sites. I paid $850 which is $200 less than retail which is about right. The $600 PM9 your talking about must be the bare boned PM9 that retails for $786 on Kahr.com. So your LGS is selling a plain PM9 for $186 less than retail from Kahr.com. What would the LGS sell a new PM9193N for?

And none of this has anything to so with tax, fees, or extras. I am just talking gun only. Have your LGS give you a price on a new PM9193N and let me know please. Thanks!

JFootin
03-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Chogers, nothing and I mean nothing sells for m.s.r.p. It is a used gun and the warranty doesn't transfer to a new owner. It looks like you are really needing to sell it bad, so do what I have done several times when I needed money bad: put it on Gunbroker. Do not put a hidden reserve price on it. Make it a fairly long auction. Ask not more than $35 shipping. It might cost you more, might not, but you don't want to ask more than that from the buyer. Put a starting price low enough to get bidding started on it. If you've really got some balls, put a zero starting price and let the games begin. But don't panic if it sits there at an unsatisfactory bid price for a while, because bidders will swoop in near the end and bid it up to what the market will bear. It is a popular gun, so zero start will work. You will get a fair market value for it.

itsthelaw
03-20-2012, 07:33 AM
The LGS will sell the PM9193N for $680, which makes a lot of sense. The night sights are about $80 and there is no value associated with LCI or safety unless someone really needs to have those features. In fact, a lot of people don't want the safety. I really like the LCI, but some people don't (never understood why). I would have to add $46 tax to the purchase. Most people will still buy the new gun with the warrantee. Agree with statements about MSRP...it is a worthless number. You can easily compare this whole senario to buying a car.

Chogers
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
The LGS will sell the PM9193N for $680, which makes a lot of sense. The night sights are about $80 and there is no value associated with LCI or safety unless someone really needs to have those features. In fact, a lot of people don't want the safety. I really like the LCI, but some people don't (never understood why). I would have to add $46 tax to the purchase. Most people will still buy the new gun with the warrantee. Agree with statements about MSRP...it is a worthless number. You can easily compare this whole senario to buying a car.

I was just using MSRP for my point I was trying to make. As far as the safety goes it is personal preference. And it was mine to make but it sure cost me alot more to buy it that way 6 months ago. I know one gun shop that would not order me the gun for the $850 I wanted to pay. So I had to go to a better LGS to get it for that price. Have gun prices went down? Where are you from?

Thunder71
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Worst part about this is that I really want that gun.

Chogers
03-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Worst part about this is that I really want that gun.

Hey Thunder...its still for sale buddy. ;)

itsthelaw
03-22-2012, 12:23 PM
I was just using MSRP for my point I was trying to make. As far as the safety goes it is personal preference. And it was mine to make but it sure cost me alot more to buy it that way 6 months ago. I know one gun shop that would not order me the gun for the $850 I wanted to pay. So I had to go to a better LGS to get it for that price. Have gun prices went down? Where are you from?

I am in NC. Gun prices depend a lot on the supply of a particular gun and how many people want it. Just like everything else.