PDA

View Full Version : Truite à la Nagasaki/Hiroshima.

wyntrout
03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Well, after a nice afternoon of raking and bagging leaves, I cooked supper... after calling my Ex... on my wife's insistence... to wish her a happy 66th Birth Day... wifey just turned 56 February 28th.

Anyhow, had a nice chat with her and then got the salmon (Steelhead Trout, farm-raised) going on the grill. The grill has three burners and I was just planning to use the two left ones, so I left the right one on high after putting the salmon on. I cook the salmon on the skin side for 9 minutes and then 7 on the flesh side. When I picked up the salmon, the left side of the grill had a fire from the dripping fat, so I flipped the salmon over to the fleshy side and put them on the right side. Seven minutes later, I opened the grill to a nice fire under the salmon... black and crispy!

We would have had a bit left over, but eating it from the fleshy side and trying not to get too much crispy stuff, we had a bit of waste. It was still delicious, but not quite a moist as I like.

As I was putting the plates away I noticed the look on my wife's salmon "residue". It looked like a figure... human... NO, NOT like Christ or anything, but like a human figure:

A flaming Angel(?) doing the Egyptian??

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/wyntrout/IMG_2616.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/wyntrout/IMG_2615.jpg

Hey! It caught my eye! And on closer examination, it looks like a flaming ALF doing the Egyptian!

Wynn:)

mr surveyor
03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I seen somethin that looked like that in the road in front of my house last week......

now I know what it wus.... salmun....

we don't see them around here much

muggsy
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
They pay big money for blackened fish dinner in Louisiana.

TheTman
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Reminds me how I'd like to see all Al-Queda members. :D

wyntrout
03-13-2012, 08:39 PM
This is $6.99 a pound from Costco... about 1.5 pounds for our meal... one fillet... with skin on... farm-raised... Chile, I think(?)... Steelhead Trout. I like to do most of the cooking on the skin side. I don't buy regular salmon when they've skinned it completely... grills too dry.

I'm gonna go read my new David Weber book... A Rising Thunder... IF, I can stay awake. Otherwise, I'll nap a while, then read some. I like being retired!

Wynn:D

mr surveyor
03-13-2012, 08:43 PM
retired????? just reminded me, I got two baldies on my work truck I need to get retired.

CJB
03-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Hell if that don't look like Mr. Bill got caught in the microwave (again).

mr surveyor
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Hell if that don't look like Mr. Bill got caught in the microwave (again).

looks like Mr Hand has been playing with matches again

wyntrout
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
"Oh, NOOooo....":eek:

Wynn:D