PDA

View Full Version : Who has a heavily used PM40?

Gliderguy
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
O.K. I have seen that Jocko has more than 30,000 rounds through his PM9.

I am wondering who out there has more than 10,000 rounds through a PM40, or what kind of high round counts are out there. I am also interested in any needed repairs to these pistols to keep them going. I expect to have to replace the recoil springs occasionally, I am thinking maybe every 5,000 rounds.

I know the 40 gets beat up a little harder than the 9, and I am just wondering what kind of realistic service life might be expected.

Thanks for playing:cheer2:

tilefish
03-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I don't know about long term absolutes, but I seriously doubt the gun will "wear out" on you. 30K is not all that much in the grand scheme of things. Heck, I have had my K9 a few weeks and probably already have almost 1K through it and I plan to keep using it. Often. I can't even guess how many my XD has through it and it still looks brand new. You have a quality firearm, take care of it, change the springs once in a while and keep it clean. It will serve you well.

Joe L
03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't think you are going to find very many high round count PM40's out there. I have maybe a 1000 rounds through mine and it was used "some" before I got it. It will be years before I change anything in it. Your 5000 round count should be a good starting point for the recoil spring and maybe the magazine springs.

Joe

earle8888
03-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Not sure about heavenly used.......mine is about 3000 or so.....new Wollfe springs
Works great I have not had any of te mag problems I have read a out.
Working on 1500 for the PM45