PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a CM9 and took it to the range today

wreckleague
03-18-2012, 09:16 PM
This has been my first gun, I'm really pleased so far. I put about 70 rounds through it today with some friends. The slide failed to lock back a few times but I found that was due to user error. I no problems aside from one failure to feed about 50 rounds in. It was the second bullet in the mag, and when I looked, the bullet seemed like it was pushed forward partway out of the mag and was against the feed ramp but didn't go up it. Any thoughts on a possible cause? I checked the feed ramp and it doesn't appear to have any rough spots, but then again I don't know if I would be able to identify one if there was.

This thing is really a joy to shoot, I have fired a kel tec pf9 and a little taurus .38 revolver and the CM9 was wayyy better in terms of recoil. I was an absolute **** shot to start out, but that is all due to trigger control, I was jerking the **** out of it at first. I really need to work on that, but I suppose that will come with practice. By the end, I was a lot smoother and had much better groups.

Bawanna
03-18-2012, 09:40 PM
It'll only get better and better, both you and the gun.

And a lot of fun doing it too.

JFootin
03-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Welcome to the forum! And welcome to the unofficial CM9 Owners Club, our symbol being :D because we can't wipe the grin off our faces!

The ftf was probably caused by limp wristing. Your hand/wrist/arm can start getting tired after 50 rounds, or just a momentary relaxing of your grip. Nothing to worry about. Target ammo can be kinda weak. Less likely to happen with good strong self defense ammo. My CM9 really likes the Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +p ammo, although these guns will usually eat any high quality ammo.

wreckleague
03-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Welcome to the forum! And welcome to the unofficial CM9 Owners Club, our symbol being :D because we can't wipe the grin off our faces!

The ftf was probably caused by limp wristing. Your hand/wrist/arm can start getting tired after 50 rounds, or just a momentary relaxing of your grip. Nothing to worry about. Target ammo can be kinda weak. Less likely to happen with good strong self defense ammo. My CM9 really likes the Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +p ammo, although these guns will usually eat any high quality ammo.

Probably a combo of both, I was holding it loosely on purpose and was shooting white box.