PDA

View Full Version : Pm40

Udub68
03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I am new to the forum and looking to buy my first Kahr. Currently dealing with a seller who states the following about the PM40 he is selling:

Recessed and recrowned barrell to 11 degrees

Trigger Job

Polished and Throated Feed Ramp

Beveled mag well

Polished Chamber hood

Should any of this concern me? Thanks.

MLESa7990
03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
What's his definition of a 'trigger job'?

getsome
03-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Hello Udub68 and welcome to Kahrtalk...I have a PM40 bought slightly used and it has never given me one minutes problem with any ammo tried so far, it isn't picky and eats anything...

I don't see how anyone could improve on a stock Kahr trigger which feels very much like a tuned revolver trigger, very smooth, no stacking but very long (for safety) so anything done to it IMHO is a waste and you have to wonder if the "gunsmith" knew what he was doing...

You can do a fluff & buff to a new gun and polish up the ramp some but I would tend to stay away from an unknown pistol thats been messed with by someone of unknown skills...

If it were me I would go with a new gun if money allows and if not look at the new CM40 which is another great pistol for the money and if you look around you can find deals on used PM40's because some folks buy them and don't like the recoil which by the way if you haven't ever shoot one it might be best to rent one first to see if it's really what you want...I got mine used that a man bought for his wife and she couldn't shoot it and traded for a .38 snub....The P and CM .40 Kahrs are not a fun gun to range shoot all day and a PM9 might be more fun and less expensive to shoot but try them both and see what works for you...I love my PM40 and feel very well armed with it in my pocket if God forbid a situation came about where a small powerful handgun is needed....Good luck on your decision...

Udub68
03-21-2012, 03:42 PM
You are reading my mind. I know enough about Kahrs to know they are top of the line guns that shouldn't require much fiddling. I too was concerned about the trigger mod because the long trigger pull makes having one in the tube "comfortable".

I am not concerned about how snappy the 40 is because it will be my CC gun not a range or competition gun.

I would buy a Kahr at a gun store, but I already have nice guns from gun stores (Glock and Ruger). My concern is I do not trust my Government. I am looking to buy from a private citizen who only needs to look at my ID and CCP.

And my first choice is a PM/CM9, but this PM40 looked like a good deal. The funny thing is that it has been on another forum for quite some time which also tells me something about others views on the gun.

Based on your comments, I think I will continue to look. Thanks.

TucsonMTB
03-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Based on your comments, I think I will continue to look. Thanks.
Unless the seller had this work done by a professional with good reputation. If that's the case, it might be a great gun. Jocko's famous custom PM9 is a product of their work.

Here's a link http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=859

And a picture

http://kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1317133410

sharpetop
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
If it was done by somebody that knows what they are doing and you like the price, go for it. Cylinder and Slide do all of the same "enhancements" for a pretty hefty price, but that's the business they are in. See if you can shoot it before purchasing.