PDA

View Full Version : I Love My Glocks, BUT my PM9...

Native
03-22-2012, 06:23 PM
...Is ridiculously good....In the past year my Glcok 33 and 29 have both coughed up hairballs. In the mean time my new PM9 with the safety, because it rides where no gun should be allowed to go, has just kept on ticking like a Timex. I've frozen it, dunked it in the beaver pond, shot .380 ACP out of it by accident and generally just carried and shot it. Can't kill it, it just keeps on putting baseball sized groups into the target at 7 yards rapid fire. There is just nothing not to love about this gun. BTW, it's older cousin has been the same. What a gun. Unbelievable. Also, BTW, my Glock 32 has been abused worse during the same time and still ticking like a Swiss watch. But, for what is not considered a "combat handgun" the PM9 is crazy reliable and accurate. YMMV, but my mileage is better than a Volt and doesn't run out of charge.:D

BOBBO268
03-22-2012, 08:59 PM
safety on a pm9? is this new or a crazy Commifornia gun?

Replay13
03-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Good report... just curious, did any of the .380 cycle all the way or was it single shot.
James

quivvy
03-22-2012, 10:07 PM
how did it get dunked in a beaver pond?
very curious to hear that tale.

crazymailman
03-23-2012, 04:24 AM
A good love story always makes me cry.:o

bonjorno2
03-23-2012, 06:53 AM
never seen a kahr torture test.... too pretty to throw mud on, but my glock i could care less!

MLESa7990
03-23-2012, 06:57 AM
safety on a pm9? is this new or a crazy Commifornia gun?

Been out for years.

Barth
03-23-2012, 07:22 AM
My MK40 Elite, following an extensive 400+ round break in,
is finally running flawless. Although I never went back and
tried Speer Short Barrel 180s again after early FTFs.

It's a sweet gun for sure and surprisingly easy to shoot
full power 40s from.

But my Gen 3 Glock G27 has been stone cold reliable,
except with an OEM 357 barrel and GDHPs.

With a Storm Lake G23 4.02" Stainless Steel 9mm conversion barrel,
and a Ghost Rocket 3.5 short reset connector,
it's turned into a crisp, reliable, tack driving machine.
I can easily out shoot my Kahr and all my other guns with it -
sans my Sig Sauer P220 with a 5.47" stainless German match barrel.
With 11 rounds of +P 9mm on tap, it's replaced my MK40 as my EDC.

RUT
03-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Been out for years.

As it has for the poor denizens of the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. :p

Ken_K
03-23-2012, 07:48 AM
I think my CM9 is awesome and it's my EDC but I have to say I will always love my G19. With around 3500 rounds sent down range it's been nothing but flawless.

Native
03-23-2012, 09:19 AM
how did it get dunked in a beaver pond?
very curious to hear that tale.
March ice on beaver ponds is pretty tricky, at least it was warm.:D

@replay: I don't believe any of them cycled and there were several misfires that I called light primer strikes until I found out I was actually old and needed to wear glasses full time, but there were 2 or 3 maybe more, can't remember exactly that did fire. I don't recommend it.

@RUT: I believe that is correct. I think it was designed to sell in Mass. Here in NH they pretty much issue guns with our birth certificates so there is no such thing as over regulation. I like the safety because this particular gun is carried in ways that I wouldn't even carry a revolver with piece of mind. Anyone interested in the model with the safety: It takes a lot of practice to move the safety up on such a small gun swiftly on the draw stroke.

To the guys with the glocks that work: I know they are supposed to be grab and go, take anything you can throw at them, combat handguns. And, I love mine. But, for some reason my 33 is causing angst. I think the 29 just won't feed reliably with the 20 magazines (much like Kahr's and the 7 rounder) as it hasn't ever had a bobble with it's own 29 magazines.

Just thought I'd share my positive experience since most people with guns that work well just shoot and don't post, while guys with problems post a lot trying to find solutions. I was in that boat with my P380 which I wouldn't even give to someone I don't like and sits on my desk as a paperweight.

OldLincoln
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
NH sounds nice for the guns, but ICE is a show stopper for me! I don't go out under 70* anytime I can help it, and 80* is better.

RUT
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
>>I don't go out under 70* anytime I can help it, and 80* is better.<<

Are you talking temperature or speed?? :p

JFootin
03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
>>I don't go out under 70* anytime I can help it, and 80* is better.<<

Are you talking temperature or speed?? :p

I . can't . drive . . . FIFTY-FIVE! :D

Bill K
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM
If something were to happen I would prefer to have my Glock with me but I find I'm carrying my PM9 way more. PM9 has replaced even more of my .380 carry.

O'Dell
03-23-2012, 01:59 PM
My MK40 Elite, following an extensive 400+ round break in,
is finally running flawless. Although I never went back and
tried Speer Short Barrel 180s again after early FTFs.

It's a sweet gun for sure and surprisingly easy to shoot
full power 40s from.

But my Gen 3 Glock G27 has been stone cold reliable,
except with an OEM 357 barrel and GDHPs.

With a Storm Lake G23 4.02" Stainless Steel 9mm conversion barrel,
and a Ghost Rocket 3.5 short reset connector,
it's turned into a crisp, reliable, tack driving machine.
I can easily out shoot my Kahr and all my other guns with it -
sans my Sig Sauer P220 with a 5.47" stainless German match barrel.
With 11 rounds of +P 9mm on tap, it's replaced my MK40 as my EDC.

Out of all the Kahrs I've owned, I think my MK40 is my favorite. It's not that any have failed me because they haven't, but the MK40 just feels right. Now, if I could just get it to go on a diet and lose a few ozs..........

I won't comment on the Glocks - my opinion is well known.

jocko
03-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah but it never hurts to refreshg the newbie's!!!

Longitude Zero
03-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I guess I am lucky be nature. None of my Glocks or Kahrs have given me any reportable trouble. After the first 500 rounds NEITHER has ever HICCUPPED.

KyWinFan
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
...In the mean time my new PM9 with the safety, because it rides where no gun should be allowed to go, ...

I totally hear what you're saying. I'm waiting for the upcomming PM40 with the hair trigger plus safety. hanging on only by an exposed trigger IWB Versa Carry...chambered. Only way for that situation is a safety IMO.

Deano
03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
While I think all the kinks have finally been worked out of my CM9, my glock 19 has never once failed to fire or eject. If I've got enough clothing on, the glock will be with me. I hope soon the CM9 reaches that level of dependability, since it's way easier to conceal. It's not quite there yet.

jocko
03-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I sold hujndreds of glocks in myh days and I can't remember ever have one issue or one to ever hav eto go back to glock, but I also think back then no one shot like we do today. I think the internet and online ammo sales has helped promote that part alot more. (mm ammo was higher in price back then to, but I don;'t recall as many brands of 9mm ammo being available like thereis today, and certainly with online sales, one can pick and choose where as in myt home town I was for many year the only gun shop within 25 miles, so u bought the brand of ammo I sold. U didn't have near the choces back then as today. Just sayin, but those wer ethe good ol days to.

Native
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM
I sold hujndreds of glocks in myh days and I can't remember ever have one issue or one to ever hav eto go back to glock, but I also think back then no one shot like we do today. I think the internet and online ammo sales has helped promote that part alot more. (mm ammo was higher in price back then to, but I don;'t recall as many brands of 9mm ammo being available like thereis today, and certainly with online sales, one can pick and choose where as in myt home town I was for many year the only gun shop within 25 miles, so u bought the brand of ammo I sold. U didn't have near the choces back then as today. Just sayin, but those wer ethe good ol days to.
Along that vein: If my Glock 32 was the only one I'd ever come in contact with I'd be a fanboy for life (might still be I'll have to check for shrinkage:D). Seriously. Hundreds of thousands (dare I say millions?), some of them real operators and gunfighters on the tip of the spear, swear by them. That's pretty good cred. I just ran into a couple (one if you figure my 29 just doesn't like 20 magazines) of high strung little buggers or dogs (not to insult dogs), depending. Just wanted to let the errornet folks know that the PM9's I've come across were neither. I'm sure there are more than a couple guys out there reading this with the inverse of results. Like I say; YMMV.