PDA

View Full Version : Didn't take long.

Chief Joseph
03-24-2012, 12:35 AM
It's the NRA's fault.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/03/23/MSNBCs-Finney-Links-To-Trayvon-Shooting-To-Kochs-NRA

Deano
03-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Gotta love George Soros and his media propaganda machine. The politicians and news channels who use the death of this boy to stoke the flames of racial hatred and class warfare are nothing more than power hungry pimps. The great Americans who fight tirelessly for our second amendment rights are vilified for the actions of one stupid "watch captain". Priceless.

muggsy
03-24-2012, 12:39 PM
You had to see this coming. The million hoodie march. Yet we have people right here on this MB who are convicting the shooter without one shred of hard evidence. Not one of us has any hard facts as to what actually occurred, but that doesn't stop anyone on this board from judging. If some day one of us is forced to defend themselves I hope that we aren't judged in the same manner.

Tilos
03-24-2012, 05:52 PM
The other thread is closed and I wanted to post this.
I"m sorry if it was mentioned "over there" as I did not read all 14 pages.

I just thought I'd mention something about Florida that most people in the other 49 states, including most talking heads in the news media, DO NOT KNOW.

A Florida gated neighborhood is private property, with the roads maintained by the property owners, the town/state police do not patrol the roads within a gated community unless invited in.

Usually anyone visiting or "walking the streets" will have passed thru security, and screened as to who they are visiting, with that resident being contacted to varify that they are expecting a visitor.

The streets within a gated community are NOT public streets but are private property.

bbalak
03-24-2012, 06:49 PM
A Florida gated neighborhood is private property, with the roads maintained by the property owners, the town/state police do not patrol the roads within a gated community unless invited in.

Usually anyone visiting or "walking the streets" will have passed thru security, and screened as to who they are visiting, with that resident being contacted to varify that they are expecting a visitor.

The streets within a gated community are NOT public streets but are private property.

I'm sorry to inform you, but this is not always the case. I live in a gated community in Bradenton, FL called Greyhawk Landing. The developer used public bonds to fund the streets, sidewalks, and storm drainage. Unless 100% of the community's infrastructure was funded privately, the public has FULL ACCESS to the roads and sidewalks. We have gates, but we cannot turn ANYONE away at our gates. They can literally tell the guard they are here to burn down homes, and he has to let them in. We can of course, call the police, but we can not keep them out. Any other part of the community - pool, softball fields, fishing ponds, etc. is private property.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Tilos
03-24-2012, 10:40 PM
I didn't say anything about your neighborhood did I?
I'm sure there is many VARIATIONS of gated 'hoods in Florida with ALL of them being unknown to most in the other 49 states.

No need to be sorry...and I'm sure if someone did as you described they would be followed, and not something the average teenager would know about, public bonds, full access, etc.

No one got into either of the 2 gated FLORIDA neighborhoods where I LIVED in and I served on the boards there.

No need to nitpic here, just trying to educate others on what a TYPICAL gated Florida community is, and that people don't just cruise in or walk around/thru without being challenged, vidio'ed, etc.

Your 'hood may be somewhat different with the concept being the same, protection of those within from anyone just wandering in, and looking for, whatever.
We don't need to post all the variations here as it serves no purpose and you would not have posted ANYTHING about your neighborhood accept to challenge what I said.
This will be my last post about this subject as none of it is gun related and my original post was in inform anyone who was/is not aware of what a FLORIDA gated neighborhood is all about.
Tilos

Bawanna
03-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Good points. bada bump, another one bites the dust.