PDA

View Full Version : T9 on order

lkgmadmax
03-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Well I purchased my 1st Kahr an MK40 about 6 weeks ago, have loved the gun so I've ordered the T9 as an additional range gun. The T9 is hard to find right now, was hoping to find a new one with night sights but no luck.

Anyone out there who has upgraded their T9 sights to night sights have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

lkgmadmax
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I can't believe no one has ever installed night sights on a T9?

jocko
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I would put xs big dots in aT9 in a heartbeat..

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Most of us are still in the dreaming of owning a T9 status. If I had one I'd enjoy hanging night sights on it.

I think Jocko's idea on the XS sights is good, I like em but on the T I'd go standard dot size, not big dot.

A little more accuracy a little further out which the T9 is totally capable of.

Just color me jealous.

jocko
03-26-2012, 05:12 PM
I have never seen a T9, u might be right great one. I can'thit jack sh-t anyways so xs bog dots would not harm a T9 thatI owned. NOt sure u could handle a T9 either, as ur so used to those runny nose 45's. I get more recoil out of a good fart than a 45 could ever give.... Just sayin. Can't prove it but someone told me the only way to get expansion out of a 45 round is to buy um already expanded. Is that right great one???? Just askin.

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Pretty much.

I don't count on expansion at all. I just ponder do I want to throw marbles or bricks.
You'd probably benefit from a 45 or 50 or a 100. Wider bullets increase your chance of winging something. Always been my school of thought anyhow.

With the slower bullets maybe a person could run along side and blow or fart in your case and perhaps walk em onto the target.

I told a little white lie once. No it wasn't about the Cherry Tree. I shot a one hole group (or a Jocko as we affectionately call it) and then was holding a 9. Fella was looking at my target and I told him it was a 10 shot group with the 9.
He said it was pretty good shooting. Not the sharpest spoon in the refrigerator.

jocko
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM
He said it was pretty good shooting. Not the sharpest spoon in the refrigerator.

lkgmadmax
03-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys, will check out the XS sights!

Springer
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I just bought a T9 a few weeks ago w/night sights. The fact it had night sights did not have a lot to do with my decision to get one. I bought it mainly for a range gun. The other Kahrs I have for carry have them so I'm used to seeing them. It is just what you like and see best. The T9 is a GREAT shooting gun!

dkmatthews
03-27-2012, 11:18 PM
I picked up a used T9 awhile back. It already had the XS big dot sights on it. By far, the T9 is a great shooter but the XS big dot sights make target acquisition EASY. It's way easier than lining up other styles of sights.

lkgmadmax
03-29-2012, 12:37 PM
T9 is in the house!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tinman507
03-29-2012, 12:40 PM
nice!!
Good luck with it. There's a good reason that's the top of the line Kahr pistol.
What a beauty!

DMR
03-29-2012, 12:50 PM
I have Heinie Straight 8s in both my T-9's, old and new slide cuts. Used to have Novaks on them. I still have the old slide cut Novaks on hand looking for a home.

Bawanna
03-29-2012, 01:05 PM
That's some mighty fine looking wood grain on them handles. You guys make me so jealous sometimes.

dkmatthews
03-29-2012, 01:40 PM
That's some mighty fine looking wood grain on them handles. You guys make me so jealous sometimes.

Jealous of wood, Bawanna? I hear there's websites for that problem, man. :eek: :ohmy: :D

jocko
03-29-2012, 02:45 PM
indeed tht is is some of the necest grips I have ever seen coeout of kahr.
damn, IK can't believe I just agreed with bawanna.

dkmatthews
03-29-2012, 05:46 PM
T9 is in the house!

http://img.tapatalk.com/4741feab-abdf-3b10.jpg

Good to see another proud T9 owner in NC! :D:D:D

lkgmadmax
03-29-2012, 07:39 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/4736270b-0ff6-7ace.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/4736270b-1034-2a37.jpg

Thanks guys, I was very happy when I opened the box and saw the grips. I did remove the grip screws and replaced them with stainless hex screws, looks much better now I think.

dkmatthews
03-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Looking good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Springer
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Those are great looking grips...nicer than the ones that came on mine. Where did you get the grip screws?

lkgmadmax
03-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Thanks on the comments, I guess I got lucky. The screws came from Ebay, they are 1911 slim grip hex screws. Here's a link to the screws.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330502915033

jocko
03-30-2012, 06:18 AM
u know it seems lately we are seeig more and more "T" owners. That is a goodthing, maybe dealerswill startto showcase them more to. It is a super gun, although I have yet to see my first one. The phptos on this forum make me droll. I love my K9 and it is not a carry gun, so knowing what I know today, if a T was avaiable I would own it over the K just BECAUSE.

Chuck54
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I love my T9

Bought it new in the box

It has the standard dot the I sights and they work for me

I'm not going to change a thing on this pistol......it works great

jocko
03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I just got back from shooting 50 rouonds of 9mm Tul ammo I bought at walmart. steel cased, berden primed. 48 went bang every time. One would neverr go bang. The other went bang after a couple times. Shot 50 WWb after that. brassed cased and it was perfect. I credit berden primers to some of it. It is OIK ammo, just maybe do't expect 100% but again maybe my K9 likes american brand ammo. ammo IMO was clean shooting. I wi9ll buy more of it for the price I buy it at, for it is range fodder and I figured if the kahr didn't lke it my G19 surely would.

Tank
03-30-2012, 10:05 PM
I just got back from shooting 50 rouonds of 9mm Tul ammo I bought at walmart. steel cased, berden primed. 48 went bang every time. One would neverr go bang. The other went bang after a couple times. Shot 50 WWb after that. brassed cased and it was perfect. I credit berden primers to some of it. It is OIK ammo, just maybe do't expect 100% but again maybe my K9 likes american brand ammo. ammo IMO was clean shooting. I wi9ll buy more of it for the price I buy it at, for it is range fodder and I figured if the kahr didn't lke it my G19 surely would.
Having a little trouble siffering your garbled posts lately, as they seem to be getting worse. From what I gather you have some of the imported bargin basement steel case ammo from Wally World and 2 rounds out of 50 didn't fire in your Kahr. You belive this is because your Kahr only likes domestic ammo.

One way to remove all doubts would be to save these rounds, before multiple attemps in the Kahr, and see how these exact rounds in question fire out of another brand of gun, like your Glock. That would help clear up the issue as to if there is a problem with Kahrs, or in fact there are some countries that dump cheap, un-trustworthy ammo on the open market.

As to the OP, nice looking gun. I ran about 120 rounds through my T40 last weekend. All of them, as always through this gun, were perfect. I wouldn't trade mine for anything, but I'm hoping a shooting buddy will buy a T9 so I can shoot one.