PDA

View Full Version : I contributed to Ruger's backlog

ivans
03-25-2012, 09:04 AM
For those that haven't heard, Ruger is not taking any further orders until the end of May because of record sales the first quarter of this year. Claiming they have received orders for more than one million units in the first three months of the year.

So yesterday I bought an SR22 pistol when I saw they were available from Kentucky Gun Company (no affiliation, they just had a good price with no shipping fee) after being out of stock for the past couple of weeks. It looks like it should be a great little plinker and cheap to shoot being a .22.

Kind of glad I got my my SR1911 last year when they first came out, it seems they continue to be difficult to find, the recent news from Ruger can't help those that are looking for the 1911's.

Has anyone else contributed to the backlog?

Bawanna
03-25-2012, 10:18 AM
I only contributed to the backlog order list. Some day my SR 1911 will come in.

I'm temporarily giving up on my scout rifle, this kind of trauma for two guns would be too much for me.

I'm just hoping that running 3 shifts a day, 6 days a week doesn't effect the quality in a negative way.

Mike_B
03-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Got an LCP last month. Love it. Wish I could afford an SR1911. They look sweeeet!

Micha2u
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I contributed as well when I picked up a new Mini-14 Tactical last week that I needed to have.

That makes my total Ruger count 8 fiorearms (3 Ruger rifles, 2 Ruger shotguns and 3 Ruger handguns).

chipD
03-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Congrats on the new Ruger. I saw an SR1911 SS at the LGS when I put my K9 on layaway. Nice looking 45, I think they wanted 675 for it.

Bawanna
03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Congrats on the new Ruger. I saw an SR1911 SS at the LGS when I put my K9 on layaway. Nice looking 45, I think they wanted 675 for it.

I'll take it. What's the name of the shop, location and email address.

chipD
03-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Ohio Valley Outdoors, US33 South. Keep in mind the price was an I think, I'm going off memory and Mine isn't always great.

http://www.ovoutdoors.com/

ivans
03-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I'll take it. What's the name of the shop, location and email address.

Bawanna,
As I'm sure you already know, that's a good price for that piece - exactly what I paid for mine about three weeks after they hit the market.

Good luck sir!

They are a bit like hen's teeth these days.

Scoundrel
03-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I have purchased two Ruger firearms in the last 6 months. One was a MK III 22/45 target pistol, and the other was a Charger 10/22 pistol. I also purchased 10 magazines for each of them.

So yeah, I contributed. I've been a busy gun buyer this last year. I have also purchased three Rossi/Taurus firearms, three Smith & Wesson firearms, one Kel-Tec, one Cobra, one Charter, and one Kahr.

There, I mentioned Kahr so this message is "legal". :nerd:

Bawanna
03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
I have purchased two Ruger firearms in the last 6 months. One was a MK III 22/45 target pistol, and the other was a Charger 10/22 pistol. I also purchased 10 magazines for each of them.

So yeah, I contributed. I've been a busy gun buyer this last year. I have also purchased three Rossi/Taurus firearms, three Smith & Wesson firearms, one Kel-Tec, one Cobra, one Charter, and one Kahr.

There, I mentioned Kahr so this message is "legal". :nerd:

Don't have to mention Kahr, can be any firearm or shooting related subject.

Scoundrel
03-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Don't have to mention Kahr, can be any firearm or shooting related subject.

I also want to stress that this forum is "Kahr" Talk--not ObamaTalk, Kel-TecTalk, MakeFunOf____Talk, etc.. Members come here because they are fans of Kahr products.

This thread is kind of "RugerTalk".
...but that wasn't one of the numbered list items, so maybe it's OK.

Sorry, just being contrary.

Bawanna
03-25-2012, 09:09 PM
This is the "other gun thread". All good and don't be contrary, it's not like you.

I got an email inquiry to Ohio on that Ruger. Fingers crossed. I haven't gotten a new gun beating in over two weeks. I'm nearly healed up and ready for the next one.

Scoundrel
03-26-2012, 12:38 AM
This is the "other gun thread". All good and don't be contrary, it's not like you.

D'Oh! Totally missed that.

chipD
03-26-2012, 02:24 PM
I hope that it's still there, that would make my day if you get it Bawanna.

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I hope that it's still there, that would make my day if you get it Bawanna.

I've been checking my home email all morning and have not got a response from them. Not sure how often they check. If I had ears that worked for anything but taxi cab doors I'd call them.

My fingers are still crossed.

JFootin
03-26-2012, 04:06 PM
I've been checking my home email all morning and have not got a response from them. Not sure how often they check. If I had ears that worked for anything but taxi cab doors I'd call them.

My fingers are still crossed.

Get someone to call for you.

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 04:11 PM
I spies report the Ohio place is closed on Mondays.

Had another tip on a place in Tennessee. They just responded and are out of stock for now.

I guess part of the fun is the chase right?

Scoundrel
03-26-2012, 04:18 PM
I spies report the Ohio place is closed on Mondays.

Had another tip on a place in Tennessee. They just responded and are out of stock for now.

I guess part of the fun is the chase right?

I get a little phrenetic when I'm chasing something down, and I end up overspending or buying one that isn't quite what I wanted.

I've found that people in the gun business tend not to be overly responsive to e-mail, and that phone calls are usually the effective method.

That reminds me, I need to call and harass the guy at Charter again tomorrow.