PDA

View Full Version : Range Report CM9 I'm in LOVE

Raulf
03-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Second time to the range with my CM9, I'm in LOVE. I fired a total of 175 rounds, 150 115 gr FMJ Team MagTech and 25 115 gr FTX Hornady Critical Defense, no problem at all. This gun is ready now to be one of my daily carry guns. The Qwick grip works very good and this is my first gun with CT laser, not too sure about it, but for now is good. Don't know what to do with my LC9, the CM9 is the one to keep, what a great little gun.:)

TucsonMTB
03-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Good to hear! :)

Hang onto the LC9, a friend may want it someday. Or, take it to the range from time to time to remind you just how nice your Kahr is. ;)

JFootin
03-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! Our symbol is :D - a smile from ear to ear! Having bought a CM9 and come to realize that you have chosen the best subcompact 9mm pistol on the market is better than having stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!

Raulf
03-26-2012, 05:37 AM
Thanks fellows, now I'm looking to get my second Kahr, have plenty of .45's and 2 9mm's(CM9/LC9), maybe a 40? But thinking CW45, it's a 45 thing........

OldLincoln
03-26-2012, 11:20 AM
If your hand fits the CM really well be sire and hold a PM45 in addition to the CW45. The CW grip is fatter and, although okay, it doesn't conceal quite as well as the CM/PM.

JFootin
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM
If your hand fits the CM really well be sire and hold a PM45 in addition to the CW45. The CW grip is fatter and, although okay, it doesn't conceal quite as well as the CM/PM.

Are you sure about this, OldBuddy? I know the grip is longer and the mag holds one more bullet, but my experience with polymer Kahrs is that all compact and subcompact polymer guns in a caliber (P/CW/PM/CM) have grips of exactly the same fatness. At least with the 9s and 40s this is true. The subcompacts (PM/CM) were literally chopped down versions of the compacts (P/CW). I haven't had the opportunity to see and compare the P/CW45 and the PM45, but I understand it to be simply a chopped down P/CW45.

jocko
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
i thought that to but again I don't have both in front of me .

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 12:43 PM
The CW and the PM 45 would be the same thickness just different grip lengths, both would be a tad thicker than the CM or PM in lesser calibers.
The PM 45 would have concealment advantages over the CW but not by much.

It's a 45 thing.

JFootin
03-26-2012, 03:44 PM
The CW and the PM 45 would be the same thickness just different grip lengths, both would be a tad thicker than the CM or PM in lesser calibers.
The PM 45 would have concealment advantages over the CW but not by much.

It's a 45 thing.

That's my point, "not by much." The PM45 is too big to carry in a pocket, so it carries on the waist. There, the size difference is negligible between it and the CW45. Add to that the CW45 can be bought for < $350, the PM45 is much more and the CM45 isn't here yet.

Now, Raulf, if you want the black DLC slide and/or factory installed night sights, go for the P45 or the PM45. IMO, the slightly larger gun is the best choice and still very comfortable and concealable on the waist.

FWIW, I intend to add a CW45 to my carry rotation along with my CM9, and later on a P380 (or hopefully CW380). The beauty of this is that all three guns have the same manual of arms, same trigger, and same number of rounds in the magazine, with the trio presenting a range of carry options. :D

Raulf
03-26-2012, 05:32 PM
JFootin,
I like the way you are thinking, next Kahr is a work in process, at one point I was looking for a 380, but the price IMO is too much, what do you think?

jocko
03-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Raulf: when u say nice things to JFootin, it goes right to his head and moe than likely he will then remain in the mountains of NC, which in my way of thinking is a real positive, so I guess ur doing the right thing

JFootin
03-26-2012, 07:24 PM
JFootin,
I like the way you are thinking, next Kahr is a work in process, at one point I was looking for a 380, but the price IMO is too much, what do you think?

I am right there with you on the price. Also, until very recently, the P380 has been a problem child and I would hate to spend that much money and be paying for hundreds of rounds of ammo trying to vett it after repeated returns to the mother ship. I think they are getting beyond the problem child stage, but I want to watch for another year or two and be hoping the CW380 appears.

Raulf
03-26-2012, 07:39 PM
jocko,
Your welcome.:D:confused:

JFootin
03-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Jocko, we've got plenty of horses around these parts. Just saying.

TucsonMTB
03-26-2012, 09:07 PM
FWIW, I intend to add a CW45 to my carry rotation along with my CM9, and later on a P380 (or hopefully CW380). The beauty of this is that all three guns have the same manual of arms, same trigger, and same number of rounds in the magazine, with the trio presenting a range of carry options. :D
How does your new wheel gun fit into this plan?

JFootin
03-26-2012, 09:25 PM
How does your new wheel gun fit into this plan?

Oh, it'll be in the rotation, too, once I get it back from the gunsmith, shoot and practice with it. I'll probably add some other non Kahrs, also. But I was just talking about my plans for expanding the kahr part of my collection. :D I'll PM you.