PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Trouble - Does not go into battery Sometimes

magicman_007
03-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I have a PM9 that i have been carrying and when I bought I put about 400+ rounds through it. During that time it had some hiccups but I thought I was done with them and chalked it up to a "break in" period. During that time I had a small handful of stove pipes but what was puzzling was that the gun, at random, would not go all the way into battery sometimes. I would be firing away and then the slide would cycle 98% of the way and be just shy of battery. It was doing that often, like once or twice every 2 or 3 mags. After 200 rounds or so, it seemed to go away.

Well today, I otok the gun out because I had fired it in a ling time and put 4 mags through it and it did it once each mag.

I used gold dot 124 +p and American eagle 124 ball.

Is this common? Is there a simple fix or do I sent it to Kahr.

Thanks in advance.

TucsonMTB
03-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Look around the forum. You will probably find many magic hats that have worked for others. :)

JFootin
03-25-2012, 08:38 PM
It might need a new recoil spring assembly. But tear it down, clean and examine the assembly. Check for scratches on the bar or any indication that the big spring is binding against it. Lubricate the assembly and the other lube points on the gun. Go try it again. If it still happens, call and ask Kahr CS about it. If they say send it back, they'll probably polish the barrel, feed ramp and whatever, test fire it and send it back fixed.

magicman_007
04-10-2012, 10:27 PM
As a follow up to this, I called Kahr and they sent me the recoil spring assembly. I have put three mags of ball and on mag of gold dot and it has functioned fine.

How many mags or rounds do I need to put through it to make sure it is truly functional?

crazymailman
04-11-2012, 04:15 AM
I think that I would run 50-100 rounds to make me feel confident.

jocko
04-11-2012, 06:16 AM
what crazymailman says akes good sense. Just remember you can shoot 10,000 perfect round sout of any gun and call it perfect but the very next one might not go bang.