PDA

View Full Version : First Kahr, CM9

CalebC
03-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Just bought my first Kahr firearm, the CM9. I was looking at several sub compacts (Kel-Tec PF9, Kimber Solo, Kahr CM9 and P380) for a conceal carry/back up. After researching and handling all of them I decided to go with the CM9. I love it so far, feels like a really nice soild pistol.

I've fired 100 rounds through it. The first 50 was some cheap TulAmmo, and the second 50 was better RWS 124gr ammo. The only issue I've had so far was with the first 4 clips fired through it. The 1st, 3rd and 4th clip I fired, shot fine, except for the slide failed to lock back when I fired the last round of the clip. And on the 2nd clip I shot though it, the 3rd round failed to eject the spent cartridge. All of those problems happend with the Tulammo. But after the 4th clip, I finished the rest of the box of Tul and a box of the RWS with no problems whatsoever. I plan on putting another 100 rounds of the RWS through it tomorrow.
But I was just curious if that is normal for the slide not to lock back on the last round while the pistol is still being broken in? Any opinions?

Also, does anyone make a ported barrel for the PM9/CM9? Or is the CW9 barrel interchangeable with the PM/CM9 pistols?