PDA

View Full Version : Pierce grip ext.

packinaglock
09-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I just bought a PM 9 last week and would like to add a pierce grip ext. to it. Has anyone tried these? Do they hurt reliability in any way? I just feel it might help in a fast draw situation.

ltxi
09-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I have Pearce grip extensions on two mags of my G27 and like them. So I tried one on my PM9 when I got it and ended up taking it off.....threw off the balance of the gun for me and decreased concealability a bit. No affect on reliablity that I ever noticed, it's just a floor plate replacement.

Raoul
09-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I have one on my PM40. I like it. Seems to help my accuracy. I tried one on my G19 and didn't much care for it. Go figure.;)

Steelheart
09-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I've tried them on my XD9 subcompact and felt it helped my shooting with that gun. There was no reliability issues.

I don't think I'd put one on my PM9. If I want a longer grip I'll use the longer mag so I get something out of it. One of the reasons I got the gun was the short height for pocket carry.

Steelheart

drober30
09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
I use them and like them on my PM9. I added them for a better draw. My accuracy was the same with or without them.

I don't like or use the extended mag Khar makes.

yankee2500
09-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I had one on my LCP and didn't tlike it, even on that small gun it decreased
concealability. I'll stick with the flush mag for carry.
John

mic214
09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I have a Pearce grip adapter on my PM9 and so far it works great for when I am carrying my pistol in a belt holster. It does add a bit of bulk though, so I just ordered another factory 6 rd mag for pocket carry.

I have two of the factory 7 round mags with the extensions for reloads.....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/mic214/Firearms/DSCN0863.jpg

Dogman
09-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I have them on three of my PM9 magazines and like them. To me they do seem to help with griping the gun.

jggonzalez
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I tried the grip extensions on my MK9 and had all sorts of magazine issues leading to feeding and jams. I took them off and the gun returned to 100% reliability. Never had problems with the 7-round extended magazines, just with the Pierce grip extensions.

steve666
09-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I have them on both my K40 mags and those for my KelTec P32 and they work great.:)

packinaglock
09-12-2009, 05:30 AM
I recieved them yesterday and installed them this morning. I Like them but the finish is really smooth. I would like a little texture there for a quick draw. I think Im going to stiple the front, that should help.

johnh
09-12-2009, 10:43 AM
It is a good point mentioned above to be sure mags function well after adding extensions of any type. Over the years I have found that sometimes they are fine, and others not so. I keep a +2 on my G21 for home defense and it works very well after some range testing. The extensions for small guns can be quite handy at making the grip more manageable.

John

pokey074
10-11-2009, 11:28 PM
For ankle or pocket carry, I prefer the flat base plate. For IWB/OWB I prefer the Pearce extensions. One thing I had to do was to break the top edge of the extension. It came too sharp from the factory and would give my pinkie finger a blister.

Steve-$
02-10-2010, 07:12 AM
I was having the same problem with my pinkie finger after shooting my K9, but that is no longer an issue since installing the Pearce extensions.

The quality, fit & finish were excellent.

In-Yo-Grill
02-10-2010, 07:30 AM
I have the Pearce extensions on the mags of my MK9 and like it better.

Ol'coot
02-10-2010, 09:11 AM
I have them on all of my 6 round mags for my PM9 they make a huge difference in my grip of the gun as it gives my pinkie a place to rest. No issuse with reliablity in any way and I cannot tell any difference in concealment using a crossbreed mini-tuck. Great addition IMHO

hollander
02-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I have one mag with it on and use it on both my PM9 and MK9. Good for cargo style pockets and range shooting. Shows a little too much for owb unless you wear a heavy type of sweater or sweatshirt. I plan to get a couple more mags and put the other extension on one of them. It really is a case of what works for you and not what works for me I guess.

packinaglock
09-15-2012, 02:02 PM
I tried the grip extensions on my MK9 and had all sorts of magazine issues leading to feeding and jams. I took them off and the gun returned to 100% reliability. Never had problems with the 7-round extended magazines, just with the Pierce grip extensions.

Same thing happened to me, I guess i must have been putting too much pressure on the pinkie extension. Took it back off and never had another problem.