PDA

View Full Version : Grip Question and Newbie Intro

Harleyrider
03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and to Kahr pistols. I am about to get a CM9, and I usually put Pachmayr grips on all of my handguns. However, it does not look as if any of the Pachmayr slip-ons is designed to fit the CM9. So, does anyone know whether any of the Pachmayrs (or Hogues or other similar slip-on grips) will fit the CM9 and, if so, which one(s)? If not, am I correct that Agrips seem to be the only other alternative? TIA.

As to me, I am based in the Phila. PA area, have a Utah CCW permit and have typically been carrying a Kel-Tec P3AT in my pocket in a Kydex Recluse holster. I look forward to learning from this group and to adding anything that might be of value.

Vic

Tinman507
03-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Howdy neighbor! Welcome to the forum. Lots of CM9 owners (me included) use the Hogue Jr. Grip upside down. Fills out the grip and knocks down thw cheese grater fore and back strap. Make sure to read the stickies on prep & lube when you get it home.

chrish
03-28-2012, 11:04 AM
There are also other options, if you don't need to increase the grip size. I tried one of the slip ons and personally didn't like the bulkier feel. So I opted for a talongrips rubber decal wrap. They also make a more sand-paper type grip. There are other brands, but these looked to have the best look/fit of the ones I considered. They just don't offer any increase to the grip size. They feel great and really add to the shoot-ability IMO.

Some other folks have used cut down bike tubes. Have not tried that myself.

BTW, welcome...

Harleyrider
03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. I have big hands, so I like the extra bulk from slip on rubber grips. The CM 9 that I am getting is broken in and has been maintained well, so the lube prep should probably not be necessary, but I will check out the gun carefully before you hit the range.

Any thoughts on who has the best prices for the Hogue Jr.?

LorenzoB
03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Here is another grip sleeve I was considering, but went with the Hogue in the end. I still may get one later to try.
http://www.qwikgrip.com/page2.htm

I didn't realize when I bought it, but the Hogue had a little thickness on the sides (bumps out) to fit in your hand better. I like it.

Bought it at cheaperthandirt for a good price, but the shipping may get you if you are not buying some other stuff at the same time.

Harleyrider
03-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks. The Hogue looks more substantial and probably gives a better hold and more damping. I can see why you went with the Hogue. In the meantime, I found the Hogue at Sportsmen's Guide for about 6 bucks. You are right about the shipping, but even with that added, the total came to a little over $12.

JFootin
03-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. I have big hands, so I like the extra bulk from slip on rubber grips. The CM 9 that I am getting is broken in and has been maintained well, so the lube prep should probably not be necessary, but I will check out the gun carefully before you hit the range.

Any thoughts on who has the best prices for the Hogue Jr.?

http://astore.amazon.com/thekahrshop-20/detail/B000H6GZI8

jocko
03-28-2012, 01:47 PM
whats ur ride Harley Rider??

Harleyrider
03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Black '01 Super Glide (FXD) tricked out as a bagger. How about you, Jocko?

aKahrt_and_p2KT
03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Qwik grip for a glock 26 fits my cm9 perfectly and looks like it is straight from kahr that way, cheap too!

Deano
03-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Qwik grip for a glock 26 fits my cm9 perfectly and looks like it is straight from kahr that way, cheap too!

Pictures?