PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased a Taurus TCP at Bud's

JFootin
03-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Hey guys and gals!

I just bit on a great sale price for a black stainless TCP at Bud's (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/495/products_id/77957) for $191! :phone:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/1738031FS.jpg

Thunder71, I followed your example, saying you sold your LCP and like the TCP a lot better! :) Thank you, sir! :yo:

Bawanna, I know 380 ain't your thing, but I wanted something this size for pocket carry. Now, somewhere down the line, I may spring for the P380 or CW380, but at <$200 this one will do 'til then and maybe longer.

Now, I have to start shopping for a pocket holster... :typing:

Ah, the pleasure of purchasing another gun! Almost as good as sex, minus the relationship issues! :tongue:

It's a bright sunny day here in the Smokey Mountains, in more ways than one! :D

John

Tinman507
03-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Good luck with it!

Bawanna
03-29-2012, 10:42 AM
We have 3 or 4 of those riding around with officers here. Not a bad little gun, they seem to like them.

lowroad
03-29-2012, 10:50 AM
My eyes!!!!

Bill K
03-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Butt ugly!

Now had you gotten this one it would be a different story.
v
v
v
v
v
v
http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesThumbs/738BSSP_1.jpg :)

muggsy
03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
When I pull a gun I want my assailant to know I mean business. He'll never notice the color due to the muzzle flash.

Cokeman
03-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Hey guys and gals!

I just bit on a great sale price for a black stainless TCP at Bud's (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/495/products_id/77957) for $191! :phone:

Thunder71, I followed your example, saying you sold your LCP and like the TCP a lot better! :) Thank you, sir! :yo:

Bawanna, I know 380 ain't your thing, but I wanted something this size for pocket carry. Now, somewhere down the line, I may spring for the P380 or CW380, but at <$200 this one will do 'til then and maybe longer.

Ah, the pleasure of purchasing another gun! Almost as good as sex, minus the relationship issues! :tongue:

John

You'll have lots of time. Bud's takes forever to ship the gun. :hippie:

wyntrout
03-30-2012, 01:08 AM
Well, I paid a little over three times that for my night-sighted P380 and I still think I got the better deal. It has all of the big gun features of my others Kahrs... all of them.

But, I hope you enjoy your new "toy"... as all guns are to most of us.

Wynn:)

chipD
03-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Congrats JFootin, hope it performs well for you. I had a Taurus 357 wheel gun years ago, wish I never got rid of it. That was back in my dark days of I don't need a handgun, oh to be young dumb. :)

bonjorno2
03-30-2012, 06:25 AM
nice, good luck!

N0YZE
03-30-2012, 06:28 AM
very nice bug, congrats

zebraD
03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Congrats on your new pistol. Too bad it is so darn ugly, but looks are not everything. That's what the misses tells me anyway ;)

yqtszhj
03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Congratulations on the new purchase.

How about keep us posted on how long it takes Bud's to ship your new gun. Bud's has had some complaints on the web for slow shipping lately but my latest purchase shipped on the 7th or 8th business day (depending on how you count days) just like their web site says so I cant really complain. I ordered around the first of March.

JFootin
03-30-2012, 08:35 AM

Maybe when they are extra busy or if you pay by e-Check, but I bought the gun early Yesterday afternoon and it is on the truck to be delivered around noon today. :)

JFootin
03-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Well, I paid a little over three times that for my night-sighted P380 and I still think I got the better deal. It has all of the big gun features of my others Kahrs... all of them.

But, I hope you enjoy your new "toy"... as all guns are to most of us.

Well, the TCP has a slide lock lever and locks after last round. It doesn't have night sights (which I don't want), but what other big gun features am I missing? At under $200 delivered, which makes me go :D?

Yes, they are toys, to be honest. :rolleyes: But they will be essential survival gear when the progressives finish destroying our economy and nation.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! I know I am going to enjoy the ease of throwing this little gun in my pocket for a quick trip, and not having to worry about concealment. I am looking seriously at this holster:
http://www.pocketholsters.com/Taurus_738_Pocket_Holster/taurus_738_pocket_holster.html

Ken_K
03-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Nice buy JFootin! My cousin has that same pistol except in pink. So far she really likes it. Bad thing is she got screwed at good ol' Gander Mountain, she paid almost $300 before tax.

I bought my CM9 from Bud's on a Wednesday and picked it up from my FFL Friday. Same thing for the DPMS lower I got from them.

wlc
03-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Bud's is OK, just don't do the e-check thing. I thought it seemed like a quick way to get the money to them. My bank did the transfer the same day, Bud's said their bank didn't notify them of receipt for about 6 days.

Ken_K
03-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Bud's is OK, just don't do the e-check thing. I thought it seemed like a quick way to get the money to them. My bank did the transfer the same day, Bud's said their bank didn't notify them of receipt for about 6 days.

I always use a debt/credit card and say the heck with the 3% cash discount. Unless your buying a couple grand worth of stuff (in that case the 3% probably doesn't matter to you anyway lol) it's more of a pain than anything.

QuercusMax
03-30-2012, 10:08 AM
You'll have lots of time. Bud's takes forever to ship the gun.

Bad if you need instant gratification, but actually not so bad if you don't - It's fun to have things to look forward to, IMO.

wyntrout
03-30-2012, 10:17 AM
The real credit cards are the best thing to use. Warranty, refundability, and some kind of theft/identity protection. None with the debit cards, plus it's connected to your checking account and can be used up to that amount... at least! Some allow overcharges and charge excessive fees for those!

Of course, if you want to avoid the CC fee, you can buy a check or money order and send it priority or faster, though that could cost as much. John paid less that $6 fee... not bad.

And, John, that's good that it has all of the big gun features... just can't help the butt ugly look... :D But if it works well, good for you and at a great price. I'm truly happy for you!

JFootin
03-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, I just got back from the 1/4 mile round trip to my FFL. A little paperwork and a $20 bill and out the door. Total turnaround time from point of sale to in my hands? A few minutes less than 24 hours. How's that? :D

I used to think it was butt ugly, too, with the angular contours like a stealth fighter. But it is quite hansome in person, just doesn't look good in pictures. The fit and finish are excellent. They no longer highlight the writing on the slide, so it is black all over except for the barrel. The slide racks easily compared to a Kahr, and the trigger is at least as light, smooth and linear.

Taurus is doing like Kahr and other manufacturers on this value priced gun. There is only one mag that came with the gun, two keys and a tiny manual in a 5 1/2" square plastic box. So I will have to pick up an extra mag or two. And it no longer comes with the waist pack. Maybe they still have all that stuff with the SS model at a higher price. I don't know.

The sights are tiny, black and integral to the slide. Useful only in good light. Doesn't concern me on a BUG like this.

It's going to be warm and wonderful this weekend, so I'm going out now to shop for some ammo.

Ken_K
03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Must be nice to be a goldbrick and play with guns all day :D

jeepster09
03-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Hope it works well.....Taurus guns are not known for their top quality. Like the saying goes "you generally get what you pay for".
Personally I prefer the Kel Tecs in this price range; either a PF9 or a P3AT.

Ken_K
03-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Hope it works well.....Taurus guns are not known for their top quality. Like the saying goes "you generally get what you pay for".
Personally I prefer the Kel Tecs in this price range; either a PF9 or a P3AT.

I had a PF9, thing was nothing but a nightmare. I did the fluff and buff and all that but after a couple hundred rounds the slide bent. Got it back from KT and then the take down pin backed out and broke. After I fixed that I started to notice the barrel peening the hood of the slide. I ended up selling it to a guy that didn't mind tinkering with it. I've heard good things about the P3AT, though I've never had the chance to shoot one.

That's just my opinion that wasn't asked for.:behindsofa:

muggsy
03-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Well, I just got back from the 1/4 mile round trip to my FFL. A little paperwork and a $20 bill and out the door. Total turnaround time from point of sale to in my hands? A few minutes less than 24 hours. How's that? :D

I used to think it was butt ugly, too, with the angular contours like a stealth fighter. But it is quite hansome in person, just doesn't look good in pictures. The fit and finish are excellent. They no longer highlight the writing on the slide, so it is black all over except for the barrel. The slide racks easily compared to a Kahr, and the trigger is at least as light, smooth and linear.

Taurus is doing like Kahr and other manufacturers on this value priced gun. There is only one mag that came with the gun, two keys and a tiny manual in a 5 1/2" square plastic box. So I will have to pick up an extra mag or two. And it no longer comes with the waist pack. Maybe they still have all that stuff with the SS model at a higher price. I don't know.

The sights are tiny, black and integral to the slide. Useful only in good light. Doesn't concern me on a BUG like this.

It's going to be warm and wonderful this weekend, so I'm going out now to shop for some ammo.

A little white paint on the face of the front sight will work wonders J. I understand that Golden Saber runs well through them. Federal ball, as well. Give us a range report when you can.

JFootin
03-30-2012, 02:20 PM
The TCP is over it's teething problems and the build quality on this gun looks first rate. It has a lifetime warranty. So we'll see.

Just got back from Wallyworld. They had Federal Champion 95 grain FMJs, 50 to a box. Bought 4 boxes. I'll hit the range over the next few days.

Now, to read the manual and start getting to know this gun. :popcorn:

Bawanna
03-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Definitely read the manual. We have 3 riding with officers and two of those Pink ones with their wifes.

A couple have been to me when they couldn't get them taken apart. Tossed the manual as usual.

The take down pin has to be pried out with a thin screwdriver as it doesn't go all the way through, so you can't push it out from the right side.

There was another little trick to lining it up but it's been awhile and I can't remember it. Not tough but you do have to do it correctly or it'll never happen.

wyntrout
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Read the manual and go to the company site for information and videos on that stuff... all things that some of us "harp" about here.

I'm going to anxiously await 11PM tonight before I do any more planning for anything.:rolleyes:

Wynn:D

Bawanna
03-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Read the manual and go to the company site for information and videos on that stuff... all things that some of us "harp" about here.

I'm going to anxiously await 11PM tonight before I do any more planning for anything.:rolleyes:

Wynn:D

You got my number right Daddy? Pal. Brother. Good buddy.

JFootin
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks, guys! I am a manual reader. I still read the owner's manual when I buy a new car, and I've been owning and driving cars for 46 years.

I remember when I had my nephew and his ex-gf renting seperate bedrooms in my house. I got on them about the over 1/2" thick layers of lint I kept finding in the dryer filter. Told them they were going to wear my dryer out. They scoffed and said they'd been drying cloths their whole lives. I got out the manual and showed them where it said to clean the dryer filter before every load. I told them I was sure that the engineers that designed the dryer knew a lot more about it than they did! One of them in his mid-30s and the other in her early 40s, and both of them still BRATS! :mad:

I saw that take-down pin and concluded that using a thin screwdriver to pry it out was required. Well, study time! :typing:

Tslepebull
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I bought my black stainless about a year ago and paid $249. I thought I had done great at the time. .

jocko
03-30-2012, 04:29 PM
probably the same damn car to. Just sayin

jocko
03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
You got my number right Daddy? Pal. Brother. Good buddy.

putt putt putt putt, dribble dribble dribble putt putt putt:yo::yo::banplease:

JFootin
03-30-2012, 04:59 PM
I bought my black stainless about a year ago and paid $249. I thought I had done great at the time. .

Study is over. The manual is a short read.

Actually, Tslepebull, you did fine. Mine actually is the blued slide. The picture on the Bud's website was of the black stainless one. They make entirely too many mistakes with the pictures and descriptions. Of course, they have the disclaimer under the picture, but it still stinks.

I am not going to fret about it. It just helps explain the great price. I'll bet you got an extra mag and the the PDA waist pack?

Oh, well. I'm happy with the gun. It looks fine, works fine. In fact, I like it better without the engraving highlighted on the slide. It's going to live in my pocket or nightstand drawer. It's not a show piece.

I am liking the feel of this gun in my small hand, and I like the rounded front and overall shape of the trigger. The trigger has a long throw, but it is very smooth and I can keep the gun on target very well. The magazine, wonder of wonders, falls freely when released. The magazine release can be reversed for lefties like me, but my research says pay a gunsmith to do it. I might do that.

N0YZE
03-30-2012, 05:07 PM
very slick little gun, lots of bang for the buck (literally)

JFootin
03-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Look at this door buster deal on magazines!
http://www.amazon.com/Taurus-TAURUS-738-TCP-MAG/dp/B004NKZ9I6

muggsy
03-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Here you go, J. Don't say I never did anything for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiUvCeqRL84&feature=related

JFootin
03-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks, Muggsy. The sound on my computer isn't working, so I'll have to check it out later.

steveschu
03-30-2012, 07:22 PM
I must speak up for Bud's! I bought a PM9 online from Bud's and it was the best online purchase experience I ever had and I buy "almost" everything online. I ordered it on a Sunday night and picked it up from my local FFL on Friday. I liked the gun, the service and price so I bought a P380. Ordered it on a Saturday and picked it up on Thursday! Bud's became my sole source for whatever they sell and I need.

Bawanna
03-30-2012, 07:39 PM
I think a lot depends on how busy they are, I know not long ago they were super overwelmed, it's hard to comprehend how many guns go out of that place.
My little Nagant must have been right before it hit as I got it in only 3 days.

I've bought several from them and some were two weeks, some only a couple days.

I think overall they run a pretty good operation and I always use them as a reference when I'm looking for something. They are usually about the best deal going, not always but most of the time.

CharlieW
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
I have one of those TCP 738's and I am very happy with it. It is just enough smaller than my CM9 to fit better for pocket carry. Mine has been reliable, easy to shoot and surprisingly accurate. You do want to be careful ordering magazines, though -- they have had a couple of running changes and you want to get the latest versions. I had some trouble with the early magazines staying latched, but the later ones fixed that. Good Luck!

JFootin
03-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I have one of those TCP 738's and I am very happy with it. It is just enough smaller than my CM9 to fit better for pocket carry. Mine has been reliable, easy to shoot and surprisingly accurate. You do want to be careful ordering magazines, though -- they have had a couple of running changes and you want to get the latest versions. I had some trouble with the early magazines staying latched, but the later ones fixed that. Good Luck!

Well, I just ordered a couple of mags. I guess we'll see. Thanks!

wyntrout
03-30-2012, 08:51 PM
I hope you got 4 or 5 at that awesome price of $89.47... was it? I saw them a bit cheaper here: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/69984-1.html

wyntrout
03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh! Out of stock there... gotta buy what you can find in stock, then.:rolleyes:

JFootin
03-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I hope you got 4 or 5 at that awesome price of $89.47... was it? I saw them a bit cheaper here: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/69984-1.html

Their shipping is a killer, so I got 2 for $19.02 apiece with $7.99 shipping at GrabAGun.com.

Cokeman
03-30-2012, 11:18 PM
I bought mine with a credit card for the obvious reasons and so that it would ship right away and they waited a week to ship it. Their prices were better then, so maybe they were busier.

muggsy
03-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Thanks, Muggsy. The sound on my computer isn't working, so I'll have to check it out later.

You do need help with instructions. Try turning the knob marked volumn in a clockwise direction. :) Seriously, J. your going to love the video. The guy who made it mirror polished his barrel. :D

JFootin
03-31-2012, 09:05 AM
You do need help with instructions. Try turning the knob marked volumn in a clockwise direction. :) Seriously, J. your going to love the video. The guy who made it mirror polished his barrel. :D

OK, buddy! I'll check it out after I get my sound working. Made a stupid mistake. Deinstalled something I shouldn't have. Tried to download and replace the software, but the install engine always says there is a missing file that it needs. Tried an inexpensive USB sound card, but it won't work, apparently, without removing the other one. I am too lazy and a little apprehensive about opening the box and messing around in there. And taking it to a computer repair shop will cost entirely too much. Sigh. :blushing:

JFootin
03-31-2012, 10:25 AM
I have been shopping for pocket holsters. A lot easier to find for the LCP. But there is enough difference to matter. The trigger guard is much larger and shaped differently, which could cause a fit problem in some holsters. So, I am going to be careful. Here is a good comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_97e5HOW6w

JohnInFlorida
04-01-2012, 03:09 PM
This is the one I've been using since May of '11.
Quick turnaround, good fit and finish, nice guy ...

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck ...

JFootin
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
This is the one I've been using since May of '11.
Quick turnaround, good fit and finish, nice guy ...

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck ...

Sure looks like a wallet in the back pocket. How hard is it to draw from there? It doesn't look like it is hinged. Is it hard to get your fingers in between the grip and the holster when drawing? What do you carry in it?

JFootin
04-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks, JohnInFlorida! :) I went to the website, read up and watched videos about the Uncle Goerge's back pocket holster. Very impressive, with subtle refinements to make it extra thin, easy drawing and rounded looking like a wallet. I'm going to consider it.

Here is a paper thin front pocket holster that Paul G. at PJ Holster just created for me. A thin, neat package! :D

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/MyPJPocketHolster1.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/MyPJPocketHolster2.jpg

JFootin
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
I got out to my relatives' country estate, emptied my TCP mags and also shot a few from my S&W 638 Airweight. I was using 95 grain Federal Champion FMJ. The TCP is quite a handful, recoil wise. Almost painful the way the beavertail slams the web of my hand. Not a show stopper. Just a little surprising. But what did I expect from a 10.2 oz gun? At least the frame is smooth there above the checkering. The rubber grip sleeve didn't help because it doesn't go up quite that far. Next time, I will try it without the grip sleeve and with a firmer grip. Maybe put a strip or two of hockey tape on the back of the grip frame. I'll tame that puppy! :biggrin1::madgrin:

I bought some PMC Bronze 90 grain FMJ range ammo that might be a little milder. Also bought some Hornady Custom JHP ammo with XTP bullets and some Hornady Critical Defense, both for carry.

The gun looked clean and lightly oiled when I got it, so I didn't take it down to clean or lube it. I wanted to see what it was like out of the box. I had 3 or 4 FTFs where the nose of the bullet stuck against the almost vertical feed ramp. Just a tap of the slide to finish loading. This showed me that I need to polish the feed ramp and rub it with some grease. That and firm up my grip.

So, it's not a range pistol, but I believe it will serve well as a pocket and backup gun.

chipD
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi j,
glad to see you got out with that new shootin iron. I had a Taurus .357 wheel gun it was a good shooter, wish I never got rid of it.

JFootin
04-21-2012, 04:14 PM
You know, I am really liking the far forward AIWB position (11:00 for me) for concealed carry, and James Dean just made me a custom holster to carry my J-frame there.

In order to do that with my TCP, I ordered a High Noon Hidden Ally holster. They say on the web page that it is a non molded holster, which I thought meant it was not finely hand boned to the gun. As it turns out, it means that it is a generic holster that they say fits about every 380 pocket gun on the market. NOT! The TCP has a large, squared off trigger guard that prevents it from going deep enough in a holster designed for other 380s such as the LCP and the P3AT. So, the TCP rides very high in this supposedly low riding tuckable concealment holster, and the muzzle misses the bottom of the holster by 3/4". Their similar holster that is molded to a specific gun is more than twice as expensive. I sent the poorly fitting holster back for a refund, which I am still awaiting.

That's it! That's the last time I order a holster from any of the big holster makers! Every single one of them try to simplify inventory by designating one item number to (sort of) fit a list of guns, and they don't really care if it fits well or not. Screw 'em all! :32:

I have a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster that prints something terrible in my pocket with the tiny, thin TCP. But, as I found out with an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster with my J-frame, I can use the Nemesis to carry the TCP in the AIWB position, and the grippy texture on the outside of it locks the holster in position under pressure from the belt. It can be adjusted for depth of carry, position and cant. And it stays put all day, standing up, walking, bending over, and sitting down. It holds the gun real well, yet stays put when I draw. Easy on and off with no clip or belt loop to fool with. Comfortable, too!

Everybody talks about using the Remora this way, but that thing is way thicker than the Nemesis. Forget hiding a gun in your pocket with one of those! The Remora I tried was such a P.I.T.A. to get positioned IWB without unbuttoning my pants, then it would move out of position before I got everything cinched back up! And it was so sticky on my clothing. What a hassle! I sent that one back for a refund, too. :mad:

An Uncle Mike's pocket holster with the 1" wide gripper strip around it will work IWB, too, as will many similar pocket holsters that cost only a few dollars. For me, my middle aged spread expands above the gun, helping to keep it in position and overshadowing it so any shirt will drape in front of it without printing.

So, rather than getting a super thick, super sticky Remora, try one of those more common and less expensive pocket holsters for AIWB carry of a small gun such as the TCP. JMO.

jocko
04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Sure looks like a wallet in the back pocket. How hard is it to draw from there? It doesn't look like it is hinged. Is it hard to get your fingers in between the grip and the holster when drawing? What do you carry in it?

like that for my kel tek 380 and that gun at the back stuck out of my jeans. It didn't have to print as it was out there for all to see. Might work in some jeans but it sure didn't i mine. Just sayin.

JFootin
04-21-2012, 06:55 PM
like that for my kel tek 380 and that gun at the back stuck out of my jeans. It didn't have to print as it was out there for all to see. Might work in some jeans but it sure didn't i mine. Just sayin.

The maker said he had that problem when he first designed the holster, and his wife got some denim and sewed longer pockets on for him. But later, he found that Wrangler jeans have back pockets that are plenty deep enough. And guess what brand of jeans I wear?

Also, I have contemplated using a holster like this to carry in the front pocket. It would still look like a wallet and be maybe a little easier to draw unless I were seated.

The price of it tends to quench my desire for the holster, though it is well designed and has a number of enhancements that add to the construction labor cost.

Popeye
04-21-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't know a thing about them. Good luck, I hope it fills your needs.

JFootin
04-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Like Jocko, I have a collection of pocket holsters. :p I have a Concealment Specialties Stays-Put Ultra (http://www.concealmentspecialties.com/products.html) for my J-frame. Just $14.95 with free shipping. Sort of like the Remora, but not as bulky. It stays put better than any pocket holster I have ever tried. So I got one for the TCP. Works well, but doesn't stay put as well because of it's smaller size. I tried it in the AIWB position, and I like it there a lot better than the Nemesis. It is more comfortable and stays in position much better. :)

http://www.concealmentspecialties.com/images/_model380S.jpg

JFootin
04-22-2012, 08:07 PM
I've been wearing the TCP in the Stays-Put Ultra holster for over 12 hours in my waistband at 11:00, riding low with a slight backward cant and with the grip tucked about half way below the top of my pants. It has stayed in position and comfortable all day long. I know it will disappear under any untucked shirt, even a T-shirt, because sitting here in my high back leather executive office chair my belly expands above it, hiding it from my view. :p

With it riding that low, you would think it is not lightning quick to draw. But I can push on the bottom of the mag to tilt the grip up and get a combat grip on it in a second. The holster is lined with smooth nylon, so the gun then draws very easily. Amazingly, even though it is a pretty soft microfiber/nylon holster, it is easy to reholster the gun.

So, I have found my preferred carry method for the TCP: a $14.95 pocket holster pressed into AIWB duty. :D Easy to grab the gun already in the holster and insert it. I use the same belt hole that I use without the holster, so it is a little tighter when I am carrying, keeping the holster stable.

There are several advantages to this up front carry method. I can access my gun without hunching my shoulder and jutting my elbow out like I do when I draw from behind the hip. Just a natural, unsuspicious placing of my hand at my belt line up front. I can even reach my right hand over there and have a two handed grip on the gun as soon as I clear the holster. And, unlike pocket carry, it is just as easy to draw the gun when seated. In fact, being left handed, the shoulder strap doesn't get in my way when I am buckled in the driver's seat of my car. :D

JFootin
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
USAammo has this great deal on 50 round boxes of 95 grain JHP ammo - $15.25!
http://www.usaammo.com/380-Auto-94-gr-Jacketed-Hollow-Point-New-Ammunition-Best-Prices--P218.aspx

muggsy
04-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey guys and gals!

John

I just bought a Taurus, too. I have to keep my brothers pension checks coming in.

http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/gallery/photos/

Does this mean we're connected?

JFootin
04-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I just bought a Taurus, too. I have to keep my brothers pension checks coming in.

http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/gallery/photos/

Does this mean we're connected?

Not unless you just got a hot Brazilian girl friend! :hippie:

JFootin
05-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Daniel bought himself one of the plain blued ones like I got. Very interesting that the local gun range that rents about every 380 gun on the market says that the TCP is the most dependable by far, with over 10,000 round through their rental gun. And they have horror stories about many of the other 380s. He also says the great trigger and slide lock lever helped to sell him. He and I think alike! :D

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/daniel-zimmerman/gun-review-taurus-738-tcp/#more-230033

Bawanna
05-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Any pictures of the hot brazilian girlfriend. Just askin.

balok1701
06-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Like many others I also got tired of waiting for the CW380 and purchased the TCP. My local dealer had the plain black model for $219. So far I've only put 50 rounds through it and it's been perfect. In my opinion it feels close enough to the Kahr that I may keep it even when the CW380 is available.

JFootin
06-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Yeah, mine cured me of the itch I had for a Kahr 380. Having watched the parade of problems with them here and then seeing Kahr reduce their warranty to 5 years, I decided the TCP was the better choice. Much better pistol, IMO, than the LCP, P3AT or other 380s on the market because of the great trigger, the slide lock lever and slide lock back on last round. Plus a lifetime warranty and great customer service in my experience (I had to send mine back for a trigger bar issue and some feeding issues. They had the FedEx man pick it up at my door and it was back, fixed, in 14 days.)

JustinN
06-05-2013, 09:08 AM
A lot of people dog on Taurus, but in my experiences they're a good company, good products and good customer service. I wish they were American, but other than that, I can't complain.

hardluk1
06-05-2013, 09:24 AM
We know have two 380 TCP's in the family . I decided long ago that the 380 kahr was not at a level were I wanted to invest in that model. I bought a tcp 380 one for myself and youngest daughter claimed it . My wife claimed the second one. So for now I am with out a micro pistol. Both have had 400+ rounds fired by me thru each . Mainly a wide mix of HP and FMJ ammo and all feed 100%. I do find for me its a better one handed pistol too. Just to small for two hands to wrap around it but accurate beyond what any small pistol should be.

berettabone
06-11-2013, 08:23 AM
I carried and shot a Bodyguard for a few years....overlooked firearm.....never a problem with any ammo...................replaced with MK9.