PDA

View Full Version : New CM9, tweaking it already...

Warhammer
03-29-2012, 12:40 PM
It's a sickness! I just can't leave well enough alone. I feel like a new gun isn't really mine until I've customized it on some way. So, I just got my new CM9, and the glaring "improvements" needed immediate attention were the mags. I have the 6-rounder that came with the gun and an extended 8-rounder to carry as a spare. I didn't like the base plate arrangement on either mag, so...

I switched the steel plate to the 8-rounder, since the extended polymer baseplate didn't reach all the way up to the bottom of the grip anyway. To me, the gun feels fine without the extra plastic on the bottom of the mag, and by not adding an adapter, the mag stays thin for easy carry as a backup. Now I just need to make a pocket holser for the spare mag.

On the 6-rounder, I trimmed and fitted the poly baseplate to fit flush to the bottom of the grip. It was the new-style baseplate that is a little thicker and comes straight to the back of the mag without the sculpted "swoop" that the older style had. It looks a lot better (imo) and feels better on my pinky when curled under the grip.

While I was at it, I polished both mags with some metal polish. I'll probably hit them again to really get them shined up, btu they already slide in and out fo the gun smoother than they did before polishing.

Here are a couple of pics:

Gratuitous pics of the new gun:

6-round mag with modified base plate in the gun, spare 8-round mag.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/rlkeely/IMAG0007.jpg

8-round mag installed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/rlkeely/IMAG0006.jpg

BOBBO268
03-30-2012, 02:21 AM
The barrel and hood will shine to a mirror with a dremel, polishing tip and some good red rouge or flitz polish. With the mags however, they shine best if you wet sand them first, then polish. I used 220, 400, 800, then 1000, then polished with the dremel and red rouge.... slide like glass now!

jerstolp
03-30-2012, 05:18 PM
mothers mag wheel polish is the best ive ever used..