PDA

View Full Version : T9 Slide release

lkgmadmax
03-30-2012, 04:42 AM
This may be a dumb question, I have several pistols, Glocks, 1911's etc and I've noticed the following with the T9 which seems strange wondering if it's normal. My Glock and 1911's are very tight, no rattle.

1) Gun has an empty magazine in it.
2) I rack the slide, locking in open position.
3) I hit the slide release, nothing happen regardless of how hard I press the
release.
4) If I eject the magazine and press the release the slide will release and the
slide will release.

Q1:If I try this with a loaded magazine it releases fine, is this normal?

Q2:Also how tight is your slide when on the gun's frame, do you have any
rattle?

Thanks for your feed back!

Springer
03-30-2012, 05:00 AM
Q1; Normal for Kahrs

Q2; Mine has a little play in it when empty, do not notice any in my other Kahrs. I'm not sure why the T9 does but she sure shoots sweet.

There should be someone that knows more than I do show up soon.

CJB
03-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Q1: Normal, as stated, and also listed in the friendly instruction manual
Q2: Got three Pseries, all have just a little play.

lkgmadmax
03-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Q1; Normal for Kahrs

Q2; Mine has a little play in it when empty, do not notice any in my other Kahrs. I'm not sure why the T9 does but she sure shoots sweet.

There should be someone that knows more than I do show up soon.

Thanks Springer good to hear!

lkgmadmax
03-30-2012, 05:40 AM
Q1: Normal, as stated, and also listed in the friendly instruction manual
Q2: Got three Pseries, all have just a little play.

CJB thanks for the response, looking forward to testing this one out this weekend!

jocko
03-30-2012, 06:16 AM
not target guns, not designed like 1911, This is a defense gun and for me I would like to have what play I have in my kahrs over one so tight that ti can give feed issues etc in a SHTF scenario.

The kahrs will shoot better than 99%^ of the owners.

I used to get "tight" about once a week years ago and my gun had issues!! Just sayin.

JFootin
03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
The magazine spring forces the slide stop up when mag is empty, thus making it hard to unlock. Just remove the empty mag or insert a full one and it will release easily.

lkgmadmax
03-30-2012, 10:37 AM
The magazine spring forces the slide stop up when mag is empty, thus making it hard to unlock. Just remove the empty mag or insert a full one and it will release easily.

Thanks JFootin!

muggsy
03-30-2012, 10:59 AM
One thing that you never want to do is to release the slide by using the slide release without a loaded magazine in the gun. If you allow the slide to slam home without picking up a round you can damage the gun. If you release the slide with the slide release on an empty magazine you should ride the slide with your free hand, so that the parts don't slam together. Similarly you never want to close a revolver by flipping it shut with one hand. You can spring the crane and damage the revolver.

lkgmadmax
03-30-2012, 06:14 PM
One thing that you never want to do is to release the slide by using the slide release without a loaded magazine in the gun. If you allow the slide to slam home without picking up a round you can damage the gun. If you release the slide with the slide release on an empty magazine you should ride the slide with your free hand, so that the parts don't slam together. Similarly you never want to close a revolver by flipping it shut with one hand. You can spring the crane and damage the revolver.

Thanks Muggsy!

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk