PDA

View Full Version : Long trigger pull on CM9 Can it be

Javaguzzi
04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
adjusted to a shorter distance. Seems too long for me, which causes me to move the gun as I pull back. I am used to glocks and cz's length of pull.

MLESa7990
04-02-2012, 08:57 AM
No, it cannot. Just takes getting used to.

lowroad
04-02-2012, 09:02 AM
it's a double action pistol. Get used to it.

PYROhafe
04-02-2012, 09:57 AM
No changing it. Its designed that way for a reason (safety) and they don't want you to be able to change it. There are a couple ways to reduce the poundage of the pull, but none that I know of to reduce the length.

jocko
04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
another good reason why it is best if u can to rent a gun that u think u want to own. If ur not happy with the loooooong trigger system of kahrs then best peddleit as it ain't a glock or cz, but it will save ur life when needed. More than likely u willnever shoot a kahr as good as a glock either. It is a pure defense gun with no safety other than what is between ur ears, but it is known for the smoothest trigger system on the market. U cannot shorten it, but u can reduce trigger poundage with wolffs 5# striker spring, which will help smewhat. Nothing beat m0re rpounds down range though to get used to ur kahr. The gun certainly can do it most shooters cannot. Just sayin

dean1818
04-02-2012, 10:42 AM
It makes it a challenge if you switch between a kahr and another type pistol

I usually start with the kahr then move to my m&p 45c at the range

If i try to go back and forth...... I stink at both guns

dean1818
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I do get frustrated sometimes as i pick up another pistiol and blow the center out of a target...... Then pick up the CM9 an have to shoot 20 rounds to get acceptable

jocko
04-02-2012, 11:34 AM
agree, but for carry purposes, for me it is ideal. I doubt if any kahr I own can shoot as good as I shoot my G19, that is just a fact with me but my G19 sits 24/7 at home, where as my PM9 rides 24/7 in my front pocket. so the game ends and starts there for me

I got over that frustration 31,000 rounds ago and accepted it.:behindsofa:

Tinman507
04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I got over that frustration 31,000 rounds ago and accepted it.:behindsofa:

You just can't stick with something can ya? Only 31,000 rounds and you gave up. :boink:

jocko
04-02-2012, 11:45 AM
well I wanted to eliminate the wind, sun, bullets, targets, hang over days,and it just took that long to figure out it was ol jocko and none of the above. also I am a slooooow learner to.

dean1818
04-02-2012, 04:45 PM
I just hope that i am very..... Very close to a BG if i have to shoot quickly

The CM9 is perfect for carry in pocket thats why it ends up with me when i dont have time to put on the 45

jocko
04-02-2012, 05:08 PM
u answered ur own question. "don't have time to put on the 45"..

DKD
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Guys ou are having problems with the trigger system because you haven't learned to apply a constant pressure sorta like stroking that trigger. These guns are neither revolver nor single action pistol. However they are more closely related to a smoothed out double action revolver that had some fine hand stoning to the sear engagement area on a tweeked revolver. The one diference is that there is no stacking of the trigger before it breaks the shot. Thats why so many knowledgeable people here say that the trigger systm is smooth. Many revolvers these days have a DA pull of over 10-14 lbs. When you compare the Kahr system at 5.5-6.5 lbs combined with the 1/2" travel of the trigger. Many have problems with the trigger reset...you need to get off that trigger and not ride it as many do with there XD's, M&P's & Glocks.
Its just different by design. If you learn to focus on the front site and blurr out the target, then just stroke that trigger...I call it follow through than you will hit center as the gun is very capable.

jocko
04-03-2012, 04:56 PM
actually today all kahrs are 3/8 trigger travel. there new enhanced version whi ch willonly b eon the kahrs with an external safety will even have a tad less trigger travel. My sources tell me around 1/4" travel. As DKD stated kahrs triggers asre just so so smooth that u get no stacking like u would on a well tuned revolver even. Just takes some time and rounds down range to get used to the trigger system, but on a kahr there is nothing else on the gun ex cept that looooong but smoothg trigger. It is a true defense gun IMO.

APSKahr
04-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Guys ou are having problems with the trigger system because you haven't learned to apply a constant pressure sorta like stroking that trigger.

I think this is common. If you haven't been exposed to a lot of double action revolver shooting you don't really understand how to control the gun through the trigger squeeze. And then you have problems going from gun to gun.

jocko
04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
u got that right APSKAHR.