PDA

View Full Version : Another Berman Museum piece: Spanish flintlock blunderbuss

les strat
04-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't know much about this weapon's history besides it being from the 1700's and being Spanish. It has had some repair, but is still a cool piece with detailed brass inlays in the stock. The pic isn't that great as I rushed used a point-and-shoot and no fill light/flash. We have several blunderbusses at the museum, but this one is not on permanent display and resides in the vault mostly. Right now, it is on display at Shotgun's Sports Supply in Anniston, AL.

Hope you guys aren't getting tired of these pics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/KevinJenne/blunderbuss.jpg

Bawanna
04-05-2012, 10:42 AM
I think I speak for all of us when I say we'll never get tired of your pictures.

100 a day wouldn't be too much. I really dig old unique stuff. Wow, I just described myself but I'm not as photogenic.

les strat
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
LOL, Bawanna, difference is, the older we get the LESS we need to be displayed!

jocko
04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
love to see the photos but like looking at a nice Harley show bike alittle skin never hurts anything. Just sayin.

Bawanna
04-05-2012, 11:00 AM
What would you guess the weight is on that bad boy?

les strat
04-05-2012, 11:02 AM
love to see the photos but like looking at a nice Harley show bike alittle skin never hurts anything. Just sayin.

Maybe Bawanna wants to show some skin for ya and add to the thread :banplease:

les strat
04-05-2012, 11:03 AM
What would you guess the weight is on that bad boy?

Lighter than you'd think. My guesstimate: about 5 lb.

MikeyKahr
04-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I think uncle B is considering having the "talk" with auntie again asking for permission for another "must have". Even after the rousing success of the last talk three days ago.

I can see it now....he with pictures and promises for this being the last one to fill the niche.....she with pictures of water heaters and basement renovations needed. We all know how this one is going to end up.:smash:

Bawanna
04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
I think uncle B is considering having the "talk" with auntie again asking for permission for another "must have". Even after the rousing success of the last talk three days ago.

I can see it now....he with pictures and promises for this being the last one to fill the niche.....she with pictures of water heaters and basement renovations needed. We all know how this one is going to end up.:smash:

It's like I live in a glass house, you guys know my every move. I thought a SR1911 would be the LAST one but just now I was looking at a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle that might really be the last one. I suck.

Her pictures are more water heaters (wait, just did that) and getting the wheels off the mobile home. (wait, did that too). She's out of ammo!

Probably want me to dig a basement now. I suck again.

JFootin
04-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, she knows she can only attempt to slow the inevitable. Daddy B's desire is insatiable and she knows it feeds his enjoyment of life. So, just be patient, Daddy B, and it will happen 'cause she loves you! ;)

Bawanna
04-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Like how do ya know man? You been chatting with here when I'm not about?

Tinman507
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah, you're not the only one with cyber wives :D

JFootin
04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Like how do ya know man? You been chatting with here when I'm not about?

No, but I can tell there's some real love there because she has lived with you and your growing family of beloved treasures for all these many years and is still with you. All of your kids are out of the nest now, and she is still there. 'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

Bawanna
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Actually I still have two boys at home, one girl fell out of the nest. I think they are her favorites but your right, she's stayed a long time despite a lot of bad things.

Maybe I'll see if she wants to double up and be my cyber wife too? She ain't gonna be happy being #9 though, I can tell that right off.

jeepster09
04-05-2012, 04:09 PM

Ok ok already.....:eek:

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/Image00014.jpg

Tinman507
04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
That's a Philly Gal....Woo Woo!

Bawanna
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Them air cleaners look down right pointy. Must be the Madonna brand.

Tinman507
04-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Air cleaners?

Bawanna
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
If Les decides not to share no more pics with us because we derailed his train I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

I think it's another form of masochism, looking at and drooling on stuff I can't have. I guess the Philly girl fits that category too, and the bike.

And the air cleaners.

Sometimes I just hate myself.

jocko
04-05-2012, 05:31 PM
u done real well jeepster, really well. did I say how much I think of that photo?? that photo was taken 5 minutes after I chewed the bottom half off of her T-shirt. Jusst sayin.I think I'm getting all foksterd I mean flusturd, I mean flusterd. there I got it..:banplease::banplease:

that gal is Indian Larry's widow. Please don't ask me how I know that.

les strat
04-05-2012, 09:44 PM
We do have some nude statues at the museum I could always put up. School kids always snicker at b o o b i e s.:madgrin:

TucsonMTB
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Them air cleaners look down right pointy. Must be the Madonna brand.
Ya' know, I almost posted something like that when I first saw the picture of that chopper. But, then I thought, "Bawanna would never appreciate that comment." So, I didn't. Silly me! :rolleyes:

jocko
04-06-2012, 05:33 AM
u guys are lucky that I can't post photos (bawanna especially)