PDA

View Full Version : New Guy-New Kahr-New Experience

m9x18
04-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi Everyone!

I own many firearms from many different manufacturers but up until now I’ve never owned a Kahr firearm. Encouraged by the many positive reviews, I felt the irresistible tug of a new Kahr purchase. I decided to get a MK9 with night sights. It called to me from under the glass at my local gun range. When I picked it up, it felt so good in the hand that I almost didn’t want to put it down. Plus, the fact that it was so beautiful to look at didn’t hurt either. So I bought it and took it home.

A few days later (on my day off) I decided to take it to the range and put it through its paces with a box of Winchester 115 grain FMJ and a magazine full of 124 grain Gold Dot JHP. I was almost expecting it to be a tough little guy to shoot and hold. I also thought that if I ran into any problems that I would most likely chalk it up to operator error or as a break in issue. But the truth is that the gun not only performed flawlessly, it was an absolute pleasure to shoot! The trigger was phenomenally smooth and the felt recoil was extremely manageable. I couldn’t believe how well-regulated the sights were and how the gun could group so well. The only let-down was running out of time and ammunition. I left the range with a big smile on my face and the satisfaction that comes with owning a fantastic new pistol.

So, in conclusion, I would like to thank everyone here for enlightening me on such a wonderful firearm as the MK9. This forum is frequented by many knowledgeable and helpful people. Thank you for your keen insights and helpful comments. I’m glad to be a member here and proud to be a new Kahr owner!

Robert

JFootin
04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the forum! :) You got a real gem of the Kahr line there. What other guns do you/have you called your own?

TucsonMTB
04-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Hi Everyone!

I own many firearms from many different manufacturers but up until now I’ve never owned a Kahr firearm. . . .
. . .
So, in conclusion, I would like to thank everyone here for enlightening me on such a wonderful firearm as the MK9. This forum is frequented by many knowledgeable and helpful people. Thank you for your keen insights and helpful comments. I’m glad to be a member here and proud to be a new Kahr owner!

Robert
Hey Robert!

I am sure your future contributions will more than repay any value the rest of the members here have sent your way.

Here's hoping you continue to enjoy your new Kahr, possibly the beginning of a new family branch in your collection. It is hard to own just one. :)

Edited to add: Awesome first post. Wish more people started out on such a positive note. Your experience is probably showing. ;)

m9x18
04-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Thank you for the kind welcome! As to my different pistols, let's just say over the years I have accumulated what I think are some very neat guns. And of those guns, I can surely say that buying MK9 was one of the best gun purchase decisions I ever made. It's truly a sweet gun!

Robert

Cokeman
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
It's actually going to get better. The more you shoot it, the more you will get used to it and the more you will like it.

JFootin
04-06-2012, 09:10 AM
They continue to smooth out with hundreds of rounds through them. Even that smooth trigger gets smoother.

ORSalesRep
04-06-2012, 05:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on your MK9. I have a P9, P380 and an MK9 elite. Love them all, but Ooooo baby that MK is sooooooo sweet. Definitely my favorite Kahr

jocko
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
nice to have a new member come forward with such a positive attitude.

QuercusMax
04-06-2012, 06:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on your MK9. I have a P9, P380 and an MK9 elite. Love them all, but Ooooo baby that MK is sooooooo sweet. Definitely my favorite Kahr

So the MK9 is your favorite Kahr, but what about those FN's? Those are some serious items and totally different animals from Kahrs... How are they working out for you? Don't mean to hijack this thread but am curious - Please start another thread if necessary.

m9x18
04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Thank you for the fine welcome everyone! It's good to know that the more I shoot my MK9 the smoother it will get. Out of the box it was already outstanding. I can't wait to see how things get after more range sessions. As to the weight of it, it rides very well in an in-the-waistband holster. It's almost easy to forget it's there. I find it both comfortable and comforting. And yes, I can certainly see how one Kahr can lead to another. If I'm not careful I may develop Kahr fever!

Again, thank you for all your replies!

Robert

TominCA
04-10-2012, 11:54 AM
The MK9 is the Rolls Royce of pocket pistols! Congratulations!

Barth
04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Congrats on the MK9.
I have a MK40 Elite myself.
Not sure about the MK9, but my MK40 likes to throw grip screws.
I normally shoot 200 rounds.
And always need to tighten them after every session.

That's my KahrTalk tip of the day - LOL!

jocko
04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
If ur MK has wood grips then join the crowd, my K9 did that to, so I went ack to my factory rubber grips and love um. Only loose screwnow is the guy behind the gun.

QuercusMax
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Not sure about the MK9, but my MK40 likes to throw grip screws.
I normally shoot 200 rounds.
And always need to tighten them after every session.

My MK9 did the same, even with the rubber grips. Could never tighten them enough. Several screws disappeared along with the spent brass.

Blue Loctite - on the replacement screws - was the answer.

jocko
04-10-2012, 06:45 PM
there is a purple locktite that IMO will even work better. it is not as strong as the blue. Lot of smitty's use the purpole. Most gun shops that sell thread locker is purple. Just sayin.

TucsonMTB
04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
there is a purple locktite that IMO will even work better. it is not as strong as the blue. Lot of smitty's use the purpole. Most gun shops that sell thread locker is purple. Just sayin.
Yeah . . . Midway carries it (http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/445105/loctite-222-threadlocker-purple-10-ml).
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/medium/445/445105.jpg (http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/445105/loctite-222-threadlocker-purple-10-ml)

CJB
04-10-2012, 07:33 PM
But the truth is that the gun not only performed flawlessly, it was an absolute pleasure to shoot! The trigger was phenomenally smooth and the felt recoil was extremely manageable. I couldn’t believe how well-regulated the sights were and how the gun could group so well....

The only let-down was running out of time and ammunition.

No Kahr Kool-Aid involved either!~

You've pretty much stated what the vast majority of folks know. I cant see carrying anything else (though I prefer .45cal).

m9x18
04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Great and educational replies. I just got off the phone with Midway and ordered the purple Loctite. And while I was there, I ordered a few extra 6-round factory magazines! :D

Sage
04-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome. I just bought my first Kahr this week (PM9) and am new to the forum also. I am amazed by everything about this gun. Feel, recoil, accuracy, trigger, appearance and it's built like a tank. I can't believe it took so long for me to find out about Kahr.

jocko
04-12-2012, 03:22 PM
indeed welcomne aboard, no doubt u have read the kahr tech section and hit on two good stickyk's

#1 kahr lube chart

#2 propper prepping of ur kahr.

read the manual...please.

Ken_K
04-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Welcome aboard! Happy to hear your enjoying your pistol!

m9x18
04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Thank you!