PDA

View Full Version : CW and CM overall reviews are outstanding...

rich e
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
I've been reading tons of reviews on the CW,CM line and their mostly all positive..When I do read negative reviews it appears to be user related issues..Limp wristing,lack of lube,improper loading techniques,ammo issues etc..

I'm a diehard Sig,Glock guy but these little Kahrs are the perfect size and weight for concealed carry..I can't believe the two top manufactures have never produced anything of comparable size to Kahrs lineup..

Bawanna
04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Kahr is the top manufacturer, those other two are just posers.

LorenzoB
04-06-2012, 10:25 PM
...but these little Kahrs are the perfect size and weight for concealed carry..I can't believe the two top manufactures have never produced anything of comparable size to Kahrs lineup..

Yes, Kahr is the clear leader in this category because that has been their focus.

Since there is increased demand for smaller pistols with larger calibers, we may see some more comparable offerings from other manufacturers like the new Springfield XDs compact single stack 45 (haven't held one yet but looks cool), or the Beretta Nano. Who knows, maybe Glock will be next?

itemsports
04-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Sig has a P290 that is comparable to a Pm/Cm series. However, Kahr has been in the pocket 9 game longer than all the manufacturers and is the best concealable carry weapon on the market. I love my CM9!!

Many negative reviews are those who do not properly clean and lube their gun, as well as, truly breaking in their gun, per Kahr's "break-in" period. The Kahr's are built so tight and need time to loosen up to get right.

mrvco
04-07-2012, 07:11 AM
I love my P226, but the P290 is a pig. I ended up buying a CW9 and love it. The P239 SAS was a contender, but price, availability and weight were issues. I'd still like to own a P239, but it wouldn't replace my CW9.

bonjorno2
04-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Sig has a P290 that is comparable to a Pm/Cm series. However, Kahr has been in the pocket 9 game longer than all the manafucturers and is the best concealable carry weapon on the market. I love my CM9!!

Many negative reviews are those who do not properly clean and lube their gun, as well as, truly breaking in their gun, per Kahr's "break-in" period. The Kahr's are built so tight and need time to loosen up to get right.

that p290 needs a lot of work before i'd ever own one again. Worst trigger ive ever felt, and top heavy to add insult to injury!

Kahrbonized
04-07-2012, 09:42 PM
To each his own but after I got my 290 issues fixed it is a great little gun. I have been comparing it with the CM9 the last several range sessions. So far I don't have a clear winner as to which I like the better but the Sig is pulling ahead in a few areas.

1. with every single ammo I have tested (about 30 different) the Sig is 50-70 fps faster and slightly tighter groups.
2.The sig shoots POA while the CM9 is 7pm~9pm (I know it must be me but that don't happen with my revolvers or the sig or my other DAO pistols)
3. The 290 has nite sites the CM doesn't.
4. I like the CM grip better than the sandpaper Sig.
Like I said, I haven't picked one over the other as I like shooting both.

wagon
04-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I love my P226, but the P290 is a pig. I ended up buying a CW9 and love it. The P239 SAS was a contender, but price, availability and weight were issues. I'd still like to own a P239, but it wouldn't replace my CW9.

239 a `contender` ? To what? Glock compacts such as G19?

flieger67
04-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm a diehard Sig,Glock guy but these little Kahrs are the perfect size and weight for concealed carry..I can't believe the two top manufactures have never produced anything of comparable size to Kahrs lineup..

I agree with you. I've been carrying a Glock 19 for years but picked up a CM9 because of its size. Ironically, it was one of the other big-name firearms manufacturers who convinced me to get the CM9. I had been eager to try out a Beretta Nano but shooting the Nano and CM9 side-by-side made it abundantly clear which was the far superior pistol for me.

As for small Glocks and Sigs, if Glock built a single-stack 9mm, I might well own one right now. Sig, though, does have a small 9mm coming out soon called the P938. It appears to be a P238 enlarged enough to handle the 9mm round. But it's far pricier than the CM9, with the P938's MSRP running around $800 or more, depending on trim.

However, I think the CM9 beats the P938 for simplicity of operation, as the Kahr doesn't have a thumb safety to deal with under duress.

wagon
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
if Glock built a single-stack 9mm, I might well own one right now. .

me too ... and I don't mind waiting.. but Glock doesn't even offer a sign up sheet.. :mad:

flieger67
04-08-2012, 03:44 PM
me too ... and I don't mind waiting.. but Glock doesn't even offer a sign up sheet.. :mad:

Maybe they'll offer the single-stack 9mm after they introduce their AR and 1911 models... :cool:

Seriously though, one would guess that they are doing enough business with the existing models that they don't feel like addressing the micro pistol arena.

jocko
04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
iAM TOLD IT IS BECAUSE GLOCK DOES NOT MAKE GUNSIN THE CUNTRY AND THE 380 THEY MAKE NOW EVEN CAN ONLY BE BROUGHT INTO THIS CUNTRY AND SOLD TO leo's. iT DOESN'T meet the requi9red points for importation, so a single stack would even be harder. I have no doubt if they couldmake it in austria in a single stack it could be a very good and small and lightweightgun but it can't qualify for the points needed to import.

ParabellumJ
04-17-2012, 08:40 PM
If Glock offered a single stack 9 I would have never bought my CM9 and that would have been a tragedy. I love the little Kahr, so much that a K9 is now on my radar. I tried the Nano (hated it), PPS (meh), PF9 (ouch) and none are close to a Kahr.

Dustypuddle
04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Itemsport is right. On mine I racket it a thousand times wow that was rough, then put 250 rounds in it, and now i feel I have a wonderfull small concealed handgun I love it.

WilliamG
04-18-2012, 12:00 AM
that p290 needs a lot of work before i'd ever own one again. Worst trigger ive ever felt, and top heavy to add insult to injury!

EXACTLY my thoughts. I owned that pistol less than 48 hours before selling it. Was so disappointed. Then went to the PM9 the next day, and haven't looked back.

Planedude
04-18-2012, 06:06 AM
To each his own but after I got my 290 issues fixed it is a great little gun. I have been comparing it with the CM9 the last several range sessions. So far I don't have a clear winner as to which I like the better but the Sig is pulling ahead in a few areas.

1. with every single ammo I have tested (about 30 different) the Sig is 50-70 fps faster and slightly tighter groups.
2.The sig shoots POA while the CM9 is 7pm~9pm (I know it must be me but that don't happen with my revolvers or the sig or my other DAO pistols)
3. The 290 has nite sites the CM doesn't.
4. I like the CM grip better than the sandpaper Sig.
Like I said, I haven't picked one over the other as I like shooting both.

My son is a SIG man. I have shot his alot and they make me smile. Fun guns, tight groups. That said though, even his "compact" SIG would be a non starter for Concealed Carry with me. Too fat and clunky for my hip.
I personally would not worry about 70fps loss in volocity. With todays ammo you'll still get all you need from the round. I do get the point of aim issue. With my wrist, I have the same sort of issue shooting a Glock. It is something about the ergo of that grip for me. After a couple of rounds hitting high and right I remember "oh yeah, it's a Glock" and I cant my wrist slightly to adjust. A 1911 grip angle points more naturally with me. This is the only issue that has kept me from buying a Glock, although if I ever find a 17 for a really great price some day it will come home with me.
For me the CW40 I carry shoots great and flat disappears on me with a cover shirt. So my Son is a SIG guy, my Son-in-Law is a Glock guy and I am the Kahr guy. It's all in what fits your hand right and leaves enough in the wallet for your bills afterwords.
Enjoy them all.