PDA

View Full Version : My New Kahr K9 Elite 03

flashman
04-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi All.

I just got my new Kahr K9 Elite shipped in from Livengood Outdoors in PA. I also included pictures of our other Kahr Pistols. We have a PM9, His and Hers P380's and a new, but long lost member. The Kahr K9. We are a Kahr Family.

Joe Flash man
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/flashwax/KahrPistols-11-1.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/flashwax/K9-3-1.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/flashwax/K9-1-1.jpghttp://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/flashwax/K9-2.jpg

chipD
04-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Congrats I really like my new to me K9, Reliable and accurate.

flashman
04-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you. The K9 is a great gun. I carried a 95 model for 13 years. Smooth and accurate. Its about 10 ounces heavier than my PM9 loaded with a round chambered. But im a tough guy. I think I can handle the extra weight. Lol. Enjoy your K9 you are gonna love it.

Joe Flash man

Mike_B
04-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Congrats on finding your long lost prodigal gun.... Thanks for the pics, she's a beauty!

QuercusMax
04-07-2012, 10:03 AM
The K9 Elite is on my short list of possibilities for my next Kahr, so I'm not sure if I should thank you for your pictures or not - the last thing I need right now is incentive to run out and buy another gun. (Actually not the last - I think new gun laws or taxes would be in that category.) Soon, but not right now.

Thank goodness yours didn't have the wood grips or your pictures would have pushed me over the edge for sure.

If money was not a concern, my current objects of desire are the following, but I just can't sort them into the right order:

T9 - the "big" Kahr, maybe not practical, but mmmmmmm.....
K9 Elite - potential big brother to my MK9 Elite, which is lonely
PM9 - not so heavy in my pocket as the MK9

So I'm back to dreaming ... for now.

Enjoy your canine. Man's best friend?

Barth
04-07-2012, 11:27 AM
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo42/7b/64/a84dcf2de627__1333820178000.jpeg
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo27/06/2f/6798acf1eb0a__1333819496000.jpghttps://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo42/c9/0e/f1171870797e__1333819622000.jpg

kb2wji
04-07-2012, 03:13 PM
^ Pretty sure he was complimenting your k9. He wants one. Like most of us :)

flashman
04-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Removed my comment because I had to read a response a few times to understand it. Max seems to have a nice collection of Kahr pistols. The T9 and MK9 are all awesome guns. That was one of Kahrs first models with the K9. My wife actually surprised me with this gun for our upcoming anniversary. I thought it was a nice but expensive gift. Just makes us work a little harder. Kahr is actually putting the manufacturing of the K9 on the back burner right now. Because everybody wants the lighter polymer pistols. I was going to post a range report. But I might wait on it. Thanks.

Joe Flashman

jocko
04-07-2012, 04:32 PM
ur wife is a keeper!!!!

flashman
04-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Hello All.

I like the all steel pistols. The MK, K, T etc. The polymer pistols are nice too. I own both. I went to the range with my wife today to break in my K9 Elite, and pump some more rounds thru our pretty dependable P380's. I shot 100 rounds thru the K9 with no problems at all. When I came home to clean the guns. I noticed the feed ramp on the K9 Elite is so smooth and polished. I guess they did a lot of extra gunsmith work on this model. Here are a few pictures.

Joe Flashman

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/flashwax/K9feedramp2.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/flashwax/K9feedramp1.jpg

jocko
04-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I think kahr does alittle extra on the elite versions although most all kahrs feed ramps are super finished. Urs is awesome. all 3 of my kahrs now look like that also after a good polishing with my dremel. They were greatin the first place but I can see myself in the feed ramp.

QuercusMax
04-08-2012, 08:30 AM
@flashman

Sorry if my earlier post was confusing. I'd love to have a K9 Elite like yours (along with the 2 other Kahrs I listed) but have been resisting because I don't want to spend the money right now ... unfortunately seeing your pictures just fanned the flames of my desire, which hopefully will not break out into a full conflagration of financial irresponsibility for me until I am ready. :tongue:

Hope you enjoy your k9, and we look forward to the obligatory range reports.

flashman
04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi Max. No problem. I held off from buying an expensive pistol. But my wife surprised me with it. What am I gonna tell her? Send it back? I was just looking around for a good deal on a K9 pistol. Just dreaming. But she got wind of it and called Kahr arms. They told her dont get an NYPD pistol, and what to look for etc. Model #'s etc. So the Hunt was on and they helped her look for a K9 Elite. I think my wife thinks that money grows on trees. So the excuse was an anniversary gift for me.

I say buy what you can afford. If you have bills or other things that take priority. Then dont spend the money. Guns are always for sale. I really wanted to get a deal on a K9. I have come to the conclusion that I would rather have a few high quality guns that I can depend on. Instead of a bunch of decent guns. I am tired of sending guns in for repair. I am a little disappointed about all the problems with the Kahr P380's though. I say wait until you are ready and the coast is clear. Take care.

Joe Flashman

flashman
04-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I think kahr does alittle extra on the elite versions although most all kahrs feed ramps are super finished. Urs is awesome. all 3 of my kahrs now look like that also after a good polishing with my dremel. They were greatin the first place but I can see myself in the feed ramp.

Hi Jocko,

Thanks for all the kind words. I would really like to learn how to polish the ramp like a pro. I dont know if they grind it a little, then sand and polish or what. I wish someone would post some information on it. I did some of this type of work to a Taurus TCP 738. That gun was so dependable after I did it. I found the information on Taurus Armed dot net. Guy that posted it was a 1911 man. That is the last gun that I did not send back to Taurus, but sold it anyway after I perfected it.

Joe Flashman

jocko
04-09-2012, 05:33 PM
no no no, no grinding or hard sanding. ur just polishing the feed ramp, not redesigning it. Ur feed ramp in the K9 eliete is already polished, so no doubt it needs nothinbg dne to it. but flitz is a fine polish that willnot hurt anything.

if ur k9 is doing perfect, then do't rock the boat.... If it ain't broke, don't fix it..

flashman
04-09-2012, 07:47 PM
No. I am not touching my K9. But I also have a PM9 and two P380's. The PM9 is dependable and does not need it. But the P380's are pretty dependable. But not totally dependable. I hear that Kahr has replaced a lot of frames on those guns. I think they should have made the P380 an all steel gun. I have polished a few feed ramps. But I thought there was more to it. Thanks for the info.

Joe Flashman

flashman
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi All. I took my K9 Elite to the range last week and put 100 rounds thru it with not one problem. Wow. What a gun. It shot very well. Its been so long since I shot a K9. I am used to my PM9 with more recoil. Not so with the K9. I feel it is dependable enough to carry. I am a happy man. No more guns for me.

Joe Flash man

chipD
04-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Glad your K9 is working out great for you. I can shoot as many rounds as I can buy in a range trip. The recoil is more like a full frame gun IMO very easy to shoot for a small sidearm.

Barth
04-17-2012, 02:26 PM
^ Pretty sure he was complimenting your k9. He wants one. Like most of us :)

Absolutely!
I would totally love a K9 Elite.
It would be a nice addition to my MK40 Elite micro.
My MK40s recoil is surprisingly manageable.
Low bore axis and 25 oz of stainless.
It's ~5 oz heavier than my Tupperware Glock G27 - LOL.

K9 with a full grip, in 9mm, has to be nothing short of sweet to shoot.

I must say I've never had the pleasure of shooting one.

7shot
04-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I bought a K9 a few months back and just love it...right size and weight for CC. It flies through Winchester and Guarddog, my CC load, flawlessly. And the workmanship is second to no one!!! She's a keeper....

chipD
04-19-2012, 09:33 PM
I bought a K9 a few months back and just love it...right size and weight for CC. It flies through Winchester and Guarddog, my CC load, flawlessly. And the workmanship is second to no one!!! She's a keeper....

By far, the nicest handgun I own.

NDMarksman
05-11-2021, 06:55 PM
By far, the nicest handgun I own.

2nd that!! Old thread but I had to!

topgun1953
05-12-2021, 05:05 PM
What's 9 years among friends!!!!!:amflag::o:rolleyes:

O'Dell
05-19-2021, 11:43 AM
It's sorta nice to bring back old posts occasionally. I'm with Barth, mine is an MK40n, not an Elite, but it's still my favorite of four Kahrs. However, it's still second overall, behind the SIG C3.

yqtszhj
05-19-2021, 04:11 PM
It's sorta nice to bring back old posts occasionally. I'm with Barth, mine is an MK40n, not an Elite, but it's still my favorite of four Kahrs. However, it's still second overall, behind the SIG C3.

Thats a beauty.

O'Dell
05-20-2021, 01:05 AM
Thank you. It's slightly shorter than my SA light-weight full sized 1911, but it's very well balanced and quite accurate.

clararod01
05-20-2021, 08:29 AM
Its my favorite gun. I really like it.

Sage613
11-10-2021, 11:23 AM
Just bought the same firearm! enjoy

Bawanna
11-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Thank you. It's slightly shorter than my SA light-weight full sized 1911, but it's very well balanced and quite accurate.

It's amazing to me how much difference a 1/2'' shorter barrel makes in carrying. I love a full size but the commander size just rides better for me. Sitting full time, anatomy, etc.

I've been prowling for a lightweight of some flavor, like the Ronin, like several. Keep coming back to the CBob. That Sig is a genuine beauty.

dao
11-10-2021, 05:33 PM
Yes, it is a beauty. It always amazes me when manufacturers discontinue fine guns. I'm sure they're reasoning is sound, but there are so many that I would love to own.