PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins.

Chief Joseph
04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
http://www.wdam.com/story/17353756/task-force-evaluating-stand-your-ground-law

Not sure if it passes the new rules. If not, I'll post after the right has been taken away.

yqtszhj
04-07-2012, 12:17 PM
The right to stand our ground along w/ the 2nd amendment is the only thing that keeps the bad guy's guessing. Ask anyone in Chicago..... where they have neither.

One bad incident is not good for passing bad self defense law. If anyone remembers the mid-80's in south Florida they would agree that the SD laws in Florida have made it a better place. The 2nd amendment and SD laws are not the source of our societies ills, but it could help be the solution.

muggsy
04-07-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.wdam.com/story/17353756/task-force-evaluating-stand-your-ground-law

Not sure if it passes the new rules. If not, I'll post after the right has been taken away.

Chief, I have no doubt that stand your ground will stand it's ground as there is nothing unconstitutional about protecting yourself. In my case, I'm too, old to fight and too, crippled to run, but I can still do seven pound curls with my index finger. When the SHTF I'm going to do whatever I have to do to survive. I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. And that's how it is, the law be damned.

yqtszhj
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
but I can still do seven pound curls with my index finger.

i'm gonna have to remember that one :D

Chief Joseph
04-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Chief, I have no doubt that stand your ground will stand it's ground as there is nothing unconstitutional about protecting yourself. In my case, I'm too, old to fight and too, crippled to run, but I can still do seven pound curls with my index finger. When the SHTF I'm going to do whatever I have to do to survive. I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. And that's how it is, the law be damned.

Honestly, if they get just one more justice, pretty much all our 2nd Amendment rights will lose out. We already know 4 of the justices rule based on their personal opinions and not the Constitution. One even cites foreign law in her decisions and has publicly trashed our Constitution. Just watch, 4 of these justices will uphold nobama care, something anyone with half a brain knows is unconstitutional.

JFootin
04-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Is there any way bad judges who end up on the SCOTUS can be impeached?

muggsy
04-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Short answer, yes.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_US_Supreme_Court_justice_be_impeached_and_re moved_from_office

AJBert
04-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Read in today's paper that a State Senator (D) has introduced a bill to ensure that no law that comes close to "Stand your ground" can ever be passed here in Louisianna. We do have the Castle Doctrine, but this individual's bill has been entitled, "Don't persue, call 911". Basically, run away and call 911 rather than fight for what is yours. Yet to be seen how this will work out if someone breaks into your house and you can hide in the bathroom rather than confront them.

What a wonderful world we live in.

flieger67
04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Seems like a hollow argument by the Senator down there in FL. If Zimmerman was the aggressor, then as I understand it, "stand your ground" wouldn't cover his use of force. However, if it turns out that Martin was the aggressor, then Zimmerman may indeed have protected himself as the law intends.

Too many people have jumped on that case before all of the facts are known.

And for all of that, none of Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton types or have spoken out about this despicable crime: http://www.newson6.com/story/17178698/family-of-tulsa-couple-victimised-in-home-invasion-speak-out?clienttype=printable And no words of a "teachable moment" from the POTUS, either.

wyntrout
04-08-2012, 10:14 PM
This may be out of line, but it sure seems the way he operates. I got it an email from my buddy.

Wynn:rolleyes:

muggsy
04-09-2012, 07:12 PM
It was decided today that the Zimmerman case will not go before a Grand Jury. According to Zimmerman's lawyers there is no evidence that Zimmerman did anything outside of the law in defending himself from his attacker. The special prosecutor will decide how the case will be handled.

Deano
04-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I doubt we'll ever see Zimmerman out patrolling the neighborhood with his concealed weapon again. Black militant groups will hunt him down. I sort of wonder if they have him tucked away somewhere under armed guard. Anyone know?

Longitude Zero
04-09-2012, 08:06 PM
By avoiding the GJ you guarantee that there will be no Murder 1 charge and life imprisonment is also not possible.

Even if he is charged the rabble will act ignorant that he was not charged severely enough. If he is not charged at all then katy bar the door as the rabble will go bug nuts.

Prowler
04-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Now Bloomberg is getting involved in a new national campaign that will seek to repeal "Stand Your Ground" laws across the country.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/4/11/trayvon_martin_bloom/

Armybrat
04-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Apparently too many criminal thugs are being removed from the gene pool by law-abiding citizens to suit scumbags like Bloomberg & Sharpton.

DKD
04-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Major Bloomburg is a Jackass of the first order along with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They are only in it for the publicity and and to keep their sorry butts in business. That is the real crime in these stories.
Lets all just go out and fan the flames before any of the facts are known. The country has not been so divided as it is today thanks to these idiots. This is a typical knee jerk reaction where emotions rule over common sense.
It makes absolutley no sense to me why any person regardless of color or creed needs to retreat in the presence of any agressor and has the God given right for self preservation / defense. We don;t need more restrictive laws only the application of good common sense people!
When the case is heard and should the facts reveal that it was self defense...the sh!t will hit the fan. And should public pressure influence the outcome and Zimmerman is tossed to the wolves for the sake of political expediance....all hell will break out and tensions increased even further. This is going to get real ugly either way and thats my take on this subject.

Barth
04-12-2012, 08:50 AM
I knew of a guy that trained at a partnered Martial Arts school.
Was out with his wife in a bar district on a weekend.
Two large guys were grabbing and insulting his wife.
A fight ensued.
Looking like he was going to be overpowered he pulled a knife and
cut one of them up. Police were called and he was arrested.
After months of trial he was eventually found not guilty of any crimes.
The gentleman lost his job, house and wife in the process.

Even if Zimmerman is found not guilty of criminal charges,
the family can still pursue civil charges and completely ruin him.

I'm just saying.