PDA

View Full Version : Wolff Spring for CM9?

markrb
04-08-2012, 06:24 AM
I know there are magazine springs, but they don't list any recoil springs.
Will the listed PM9 spring work?
If not does anyone know if they are coming out with a specific CM9 spring?

Thank,
Mark

jocko
04-08-2012, 06:27 AM
NO IT IS SHORTER. yes it will work but it is shorter, so I would not recommend it due to length. It is `13 coils where as ur cm springt is 15 coils. Wolffs will eventualy get around to making um but right now ur tied to buying the ENTIRE assembly from kahr, which is really not needed..

the listed PM9 is actually for the older blunt nose versions and not for the PM9 made today which are the same side length as ur cm and the new style PM9 and 40 take the 15 coil recoil springs.

lowroad
04-08-2012, 06:48 AM
why do you want new recoil springs?

rollndice83
04-08-2012, 07:34 AM
I just installed Wolff bright polished guide rod with Wolff 14lb guide rod spring and firing pin spring in my Beretta 92fs and it is sweet looking....But not big difference yet. Now polishing the hammer bar and trigger...That made a huge difference.

I'd love to find something like that for my CM9

markrb
04-08-2012, 10:48 AM
why do you want new recoil springs?

I have shot it a lot. For carry it is recommended to replace the spring after 1500 rounds.

jocko
04-08-2012, 11:15 AM
u might call kahr and ask them if they will just sell u theoutter recoil spring for ur cm9. they use dto sell just the outter spring which is alot cheaper and really that is all that is needed to be changed. If they will do buy 3 of them and have um, when u need um.

I really think kahr needs to address this cm and p recoil spring pricing as $25 is way to much plus postage when the outter one will do fine AND WHICH THEY USED TO SELL that way.

muggsy
04-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I replace the outer spring with the Wolff spring and installed it with the closed end toward the muzzle. It eliminated all of the function problems that I was having and made the gun easier to rack. My CM9 now functions with 100% reliability.

Replay13
04-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Jacko: Have you had a recoil spring go bad enough where you had to replace it, or do you just put a new one in once in a while? Your the round king here.

I have over 2k rounds through mine now and it works good with range loads or hotter loads.