PDA

View Full Version : OMG look at that price!

Markis82
04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
They have 2 for sale. I want one but will not pay through the nose for it.
Ruger SR1911 (http://www.sgcusa.com/1911/ruger/ruger-sr1911-45-acp.html)

These people are out of stock but look at this price...
Another SR1911 (http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/ruger-model-sr1911-pistol-6700-wood-grip-stainless-finish-fixed-novak-sights-p-35915.html)

I might just have to wait a year. :(

wyntrout
04-11-2012, 08:50 AM
I think that's "just" retail.

Wynn:)

Markis82
04-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I think that's "just" retail.

Wynn:)Nope, selling price for SGCUSA. Add to cart and that is what comes up. PLUS sales tax and shipping. Grrrrrrrrr!

wyntrout
04-11-2012, 09:06 AM
SGCUSA marked it up a whopping 99¢ over suggested retail but the second one... that's like scalping.:eek: I know I've seen them "listed" for $575 or so... but maybe not in stock. That's still more for your money than a Rohrbaugh!:rolleyes:

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 09:15 AM
I've see some at 699 on gunbroker. My local new SEAL friend got his for 699 from a place in Alaska. They had 2 but but the second one was gone before I could get hold of them.

I've consoled myself with the waiting game. I'll have one some day, you can take that to the bank but might be awhile.

lowroad
04-11-2012, 09:31 AM
It's not like any of us are running out of guns and need it immediately.

wyntrout
04-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I think that my "$575" listing is a "miss-memory" and probably $100 low.:rolleyes:

I just remember thinking it was a decent price for a U.S. made pistol... a quality 1911. I'll have to wait a long time, I guess... I'm hoping for more sight options in the future!

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 09:47 AM
It's not like any of us are running out of guns and need it immediately.

With me it's an impatience issue completely. I don't even need one except I'm also a firm believe that wanting creates the need.

There's a lot worst things a person can waste their money on. Actually money or the lack there of is probably the largest factor in my waiting game.

The wealth redistribution plan hasn't hit bawannaville yet and frankly I hope it never does.

Markis82
04-11-2012, 09:47 AM
It's not like any of us are running out of guns and need it immediately.I was about to purchase a Springfield loaded stainless when the Ruger SR1911 was announced. I passed on the SA loaded and have been waiting ever since.

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 09:52 AM
I think that my "$575" listing is a "miss-memory" and probably $100 low.:rolleyes:

I just remember thinking it was a decent price for a U.S. made pistol... a quality 1911. I'll have to wait a long time, I guess... I'm hoping for more sight options in the future!

I've found that the places that don't have any in stock have ridiculously low prices, I think to draw you in so you buy something else. When they get some in for some reason the price seems to really jump a lot.

My dept supplier for all things gun related said the mid 6's will be a good street price. They quoted me around 650 when they get any in which they haven't seen a single one.

el_chupo_
04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Nope, selling price for SGCUSA. Add to cart and that is what comes up. PLUS sales tax and shipping. Grrrrrrrrr!

Add to cart, enter your shipping details. As soon as I entered TX and my zip, then hit "Get a Quote" I got shipping of $14 and no tax, so it comes up around $815. Add FFL fee and I am $830 all in, which is not a bad price, 40 bucks cheaper than I could get it locally, if anyone had them in stock...

Markis82
04-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Add to cart, enter your shipping details. As soon as I entered TX and my zip, then hit "Get a Quote" I got shipping of $14 and no tax, so it comes up around $815. Add FFL fee and I am $830 all in, which is not a bad price, 40 bucks cheaper than I could get it locally, if anyone had them in stock...The sales tax is charged at your FFL not on the website. Add another $71.00! $901!

wlc
04-11-2012, 10:05 AM
With all of the nice 1911's that are available, what is the appeal of the Ruger?

el_chupo_
04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
The sales tax is charged at your FFL not on the website. Add another $71.00! $901!

Not the last time I used it. I handed them $30 (2 FFL fees for lowers), and they handed me the two lowers. No sales tax, as it was not purchased in the state. Only the FFL fee.

May be different for your state, or laws may have changed in the last 5 months.

el_chupo_
04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
With all of the nice 1911's that are available, what is the appeal of the Ruger?

Price vs features, US made, reputable company.

MW surveyor
04-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Plus it's new and the first 1911 made by Ruger. (And nobody has them in stock! :( )

wlc
04-11-2012, 10:19 AM
It's kind of funny how lack of availability increases desirability. I enjoy the pre-lock S&W revolvers, the harder it is to find a particular model, the more I want one.

Markis82
04-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Not the last time I used it. I handed them $30 (2 FFL fees for lowers), and they handed me the two lowers. No sales tax, as it was not purchased in the state. Only the FFL fee.

May be different for your state, or laws may have changed in the last 5 months.I don't know what your FFL did or didn't do. However, they are required to charge sales tax. Here is a picture of the breakdown of a CM40 sold from Galary of Guns to a Dallas zip code. You can plainly see the sales tax charged.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff483/Markis82/photo-2.jpg

Tinman507
04-11-2012, 10:33 AM
I thought I'd suppressed the itch for this one.
WRONG!
Gawd I want one bad.
Thanks guys - NOT

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Texas obviously does charge tax on out of state purchases. Here in Washington they only started doing that in the last year or so and so far only on guns as they are the only item they can easily track.

Dealers were slow to start doing it and the ones that did follow the new rules lost business to those who didn't.

Now they all have to charge the tax so some of the benefits of ordering on line have decreased.

My local shop has been waiving the FFL fee for me and just charging the tax. Might just be cause I send them lots of business or maybe they collect the tax and don't give it to the governor, who knows.

jocko
04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
It's kind of funny how lack of availability increases desirability. I enjoy the pre-lock S&W revolvers, the harder it is to find a particular model, the more I want one.

about 4 years ago I sold off about 6 of my J frame smiths ALL PRELOCK. every person that wrote me ask if it was prelock. The newer generation accepts the prelock us oldies seem to want to go back wards. I have never red of a pre lock going bad or screwing up the gun, but I sold those smiths quiacker than an egg out of a chicken.

BEARDOG
04-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Price vs features, US made, reputable company.

When the price that the Ruger is commanding now is getting to the $800 or more range... Does it really make sense for everybody to still want this gun???
Over say a...
Smith&Wesson, Springfield, Kimber or Sig 1911 ?
You 1911 gurus...How do these guns compare to the Ruger as far as build quality and features?

I said this on another forum this week that was about SR1911 pricing...You would think Ruger just invented the 1911 the way people are trying to buy one. But it has been around for over 100yrs and many,many gun Co's make them.
I did want to get one myself when they were announced @ $600ish $ or less, but when they are asking $800 that throws them into a whole different league of other 1911 guns IMO.

Markis82
04-11-2012, 10:53 AM
When the price that the Ruger is commanding now is getting to the $800 or more range... Does it really make sense for everybody to still want this gun???
Over say a...
Smith&Wesson, Springfield, Kimber or Sig 1911 ?
You 1911 gurus...How do these guns compare to the Ruger as far as build quality and features?

I said this on another forum this week that was about SR1911 pricing...You would think Ruger just invented the 1911 the way people are trying to buy one. But it has been around for over 100yrs and many,many gun Co's make them.
I did want to get one myself when they were announced @ $600ish $ or less, but when they are asking $800 that throws them into a whole different league of other 1911 guns IMO.Exactly! This Smith & Wesson E-Series 1911 is looking better and better.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_785114_-1_770151_757752_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

el_chupo_
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't know what your FFL did or didn't do. However, they are required to charge sales tax. Here is a picture of the breakdown of a CM40 sold from Galary of Guns to a Dallas zip code. You can plainly see the sales tax charged.

Unless they have changed, Gallery of Guns used to try to locate a firearm from a "dealer near you". From their site:

You will obtain instant quotes from six (6) leading firearm retailers near you, be able to put down a deposit on the firearm you want and arrange to pick up your new firearm with the convenience of shopping at home! So sit back and let GalleryofGuns.com do all the work for you on-line.
This would, in general, imply they are looking in your state. In state sales require sales tax.

Items bought out of state, or online from a dealer that does not have a physical location in your state, are exempt from state sales tax.

This is how it works with all other items, and in my experience, how it works with firearms as well.

EDIT - It appears there are numerous posts online about the sales tax being charged in FL for guns bought elsewhere, though examples of some FFL's not doing so.

More searching has turned up this, an a TX gun forum:

Yes, you will pay a transfer fee and shipping, but neither the shipping FFL nor the receiving FFL will collect Texas sales taxes.

Technically, I would need to report this when filing taxes. But its not charged at the FFL.

Markis82
04-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Unless they have changed, Gallery of Guns used to try to locate a firearm from a "dealer near you". From their site:

This would, in general, imply they are looking in your state. In state sales require sales tax.

Items bought out of state, or online from a dealer that does not have a physical location in your state, are exempt from state sales tax.

This is how it works with all other items, and in my experience, how it works with firearms as well.No, they ship directly to the FLL you choose. Each FLL that signs on to G of G tells G of G how much to mark-up, FFL fees to charge, etc... If you look of the G of G site you will see where they tell you that your order will be shipped out usually within 24 hours.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff483/Markis82/photo-3.jpg

el_chupo_
04-11-2012, 11:04 AM
see EDIT's above. No taxes on out of state transfers.

If gallery of guns has a warehouse or location in TX, I would be paying sales tax, as they do physical business here.

jeepster09
04-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Exactly! This Smith & Wesson E-Series 1911 is looking better and better.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_785114_-1_770151_757752_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

That's the one I would buy [only if Para Ordnance goes out of business].
The Smith's look and feel awesome.

Markis82
04-11-2012, 11:08 AM
That's the one I would buy [only if Para Ordnance goes out of business].
The Smith's look and feel awesome.Para has lousy customer service! Better hope your Para never breaks.

lowroad
04-11-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't know what your FFL did or didn't do. However, they are required to charge sales tax. Here is a picture of the breakdown of a CM40 sold from Galary of Guns to a Dallas zip code. You can plainly see the sales tax charged.

Maybe in your state. Not here, that's for sure. I can't even remember how many guns I have bought in this state through severall FFL's. no tax. Ever. I've never even heard of that before.

Markis82
04-11-2012, 11:20 AM
State of Texas

"Whether the sale takes place online or in a store, Texas sellers must collect sales tax on taxable items sold and delivered to Texas locations. A seller is "engaged in business" in this state if they have a Texas outlet, office or location where they take orders for taxable items.

What if I buy something out-of-state? Is there still tax due? A taxable item that is shipped from outside the state directly to a Texas customer is subject to Texas use tax at the location where the customer takes delivery. Use tax rates are the same as sales tax rates.

Directly from the Texas tax codes

lowroad
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
We don't all live in texas!

Markis82
04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
We don't all live in texas!I was answering to el chupo. Anyway, where do you live? I bet they are SUPPOSED to charge sales tax too.

lowroad
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I was answering to el chupo. Anyway, where do you live? I bet they are SUPPOSED to charge sales tax too.
New mexico, show me where they are SUPPOSED to.

MW surveyor
04-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Guys, guys, don't make Bawanna have to draw his belt! :) (or make you go cut a switch)

Markis82
04-11-2012, 11:54 AM
New mexico, show me where they are SUPPOSED to.New Mexico does not have sales tax! This is why you have bought guns from FFL and have not been charged sales tax or not heard of such a thing. New Mexico is an exception, not the rule.

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Guys, guys, don't make Bawanna have to draw his belt! :) (or make you go cut a switch)

Well said. Thank you.

el_chupo_
04-11-2012, 11:57 AM
State of Texas

"Whether the sale takes place online or in a store, Texas sellers must collect sales tax on taxable items sold and delivered to Texas locations. A seller is "engaged in business" in this state if they have a Texas outlet, office or location where they take orders for taxable items.

What if I buy something out-of-state? Is there still tax due? A taxable item that is shipped from outside the state directly to a Texas customer is subject to Texas use tax at the location where the customer takes delivery. Use tax rates are the same as sales tax rates.

Directly from the Texas tax codes

Neat. I still dont pay sales tax when I pick up guns from my local FFL's. Never have.

What was the point of this after I posted #24 and #26?

That you proved right what was already said?

EDIT : Never seen tax code written as a FAQ, but here is the actual information for those wondering:

Firearms Sold by Out-of-State Dealers - Transfer Fees Charged by Texas Dealers

When a gun is purchased from out of state by an individual in Texas, federal law provides that the out-of-state seller must ship the gun to a Texas dealer for transfer to the individual.

Frequently, the Texas dealer will charge the purchaser a transfer fee to cover the costs of paperwork and handling. Because the gun was not purchased from the Texas dealer, the transfer fee does not represent a sale. Therefore, the transfer fee is not taxable.

For example, assume an individual paid $1,500 to an out-of-state seller for a gun. The out-of-state seller shipped the gun to a Texas gun dealer. The customer picked up the gun at the Texas dealer's place of business and was charged a $25 transfer fee by the dealer. The $25 transfer fee is not considered a sale for Texas sales and use tax purposes and therefore is not subject to sales tax.

The purchase of the gun itself is, however, subject to Texas use tax. If the out-of-state seller does not collect the applicable Texas tax, then the purchaser is responsible for accruing and remitting the tax directly to the Comptroller's office. The Texas gun dealer handling the transfer is not responsible for collecting the use tax since the Texas dealer is not the seller of the gun. Purchasers may use a Texas Occasional Use Tax Return (http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/01-156.pdf) (Form 01-156) to report and remit the Texas use tax on the purchase of a firearm from an out-of-state gun dealer. (not my emphasis)

Obviously, other state laws may differ.

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I've always maintained gun shops should be in the business to sell guns and accessories, not be tax collectors for the state.

One local dealer put it exactly the way the Texas code is worded. It should be up to the purchaser to square up with the state for the use tax, or sales tax, or whatever the greedy upper class money wasters in the state capital want to call it.

Another plus to private sales.

el_chupo_
04-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Another plus to private sales.
+ 1000000

My real wait on getting another 1911 is not finding one "in stock", so much as finding an individual with the gun I want, at the price I want, at a gun show I am at...

Heck, the last one I bought not because I liked or wanted the gun, but simply because it was cheap, and a private seller. Ended up selling it to find another one I like better, but still...

lowroad
04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
New Mexico does not have sales tax! This is why you have bought guns from FFL and have not been charged sales tax or not heard of such a thing. New Mexico is an exception, not the rule.
Of course we have sales tax. 5.12% percent last I checked. I don't know where you get your info, but I can tell you I'm through listening to it :rolleyes:

Markis82
04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Of course we have sales tax. 5.12% percent last I checked. I don't know where you get your info, but I can tell you I'm through listening to it :rolleyes:TaxRate.org "While New Mexico does not have a statewide sales tax it does have a statewide "gross receipts tax".

If you purchase a gun from outside New Mexico, you are not paying your FFL in New Mexico for that gun. Therefore, it would not be part of your FFL's gross receipts and your FFL would not have to include it when they pay their gross receipts tax. So, there is no tax which they have to pass down to you. This is the major difference between a state sales tax and a state gross receipt tax.

Longitude Zero
04-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I think to draw you in so you buy something else. When they get some in for some reason the price seems to really jump a lot.

This describes the low brows that I beat like baby seals...CAR DEALERS...Here in OK sales tax applies.

jeepster09
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Para has lousy customer service! Better hope your Para never breaks.

None have yet.....you usually get what you pay for. If it does break I would rather pay a competent gunsmith to fix it than ship it back.:59: Which is actually what I do with any gun. Most all customer service with any manufacturer is not the greatest, after you pay return shipping and then wait...........................it is cheaper and quicker to get fixed on your own.:D

Deano
04-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Here's one "in stock":
http://www.kygunco.com/products2.cfm/id/44522/name/ruger-sr1911-45-acp-8rd-5

I doubt as hot as these are selling that you'll find something much lower.

dkmatthews
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
What? What? What? Did I step into I-Love-1911s.com or is this still kahrtalk.com? Considering the TP45 has the same 7+1 capacity as a 1911 but in a smaller and more easily concealed size, why all the lust over a 1911? Pffffffffft!

LOL!

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Me and my Kahrs have open relationships.

A 1911 in the hand is history, a Kahr in the hand is love, actually a 1911 in the hand is love too, dang it, I'm getting all sloppy and emotional.

I'm gonna go have a group hug with my 1911's (less the SR1911) and my Kahrs, (less a T9).

Ken_K
04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I love my SR1911 :D

The whole selling point of the SR1911 was supposed to be a 100% American made 1911 at a very reasonable price. It's a really nice 1911 and I wouldn't trade it for anything. With that said though there is no way I would pay MSRP or above for one. These price gouging dealers all need a swift kick in the junk! When I bought my SR at a gun show in Houston early last year there were ONLY three in the whole place (this was not a small gun show btw). One was priced at $799, the other $850, and the last was $675. These really are awesome 1911's for that price, when you can actually find them.

MW surveyor
04-11-2012, 04:55 PM
What? What? What? Did I step into I-Love-1911s.com or is this still kahrtalk.com? Considering the TP45 has the same 7+1 capacity as a 1911 but in a smaller and more easily concealed size, why all the lust over a 1911? Pffffffffft!

LOL!

Hey, this is the "Other Firearms Discussion" . We're allowed to talk about "other" guns here. :D

Tinman507
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Just coz I am married, doesn't mean I can't look at the menu.
Oh wait, we're talking about SR1911's.
Never mind, I still want one.

lowroad
04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
mods please delete my account, since you are deleting my posts, you may as well.

Bawanna
04-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Is it worth getting worked up about weather or not there tax in New Mexico? We strive for civilty and getting along around here and your last post didn't do much for the cause.

Markis82
04-12-2012, 06:57 AM
To anyone who is or was offended, I'm sorry! I am and was engaging in an intellectual discussion that involved certain areas. I gave my opinion and backed those opinions by fact. In doing so, I never called anyone any names, tried to put someone down for their opinion, or formed my writing in a derogatory tone. When anyone presents an opinion, and introduces facts, others are welcome to present their ideas and present their facts. If I'm proven wrong, so be it. BTW, I used the FAQ directly from the Texas' tax code handbook. I though it was worded in an easier to understand way. It is apparent that within that tax code there are contradictory statements. Anyway, I would have never guessed that anyone would have taken their state's tax code so personally. Again, if my opinion on your states tax code offended you, I am sorry.

Markis82
04-12-2012, 07:04 AM
I love my SR1911 :D

The whole selling point of the SR1911 was supposed to be a 100% American made 1911 at a very reasonable price. It's a really nice 1911 and I wouldn't trade it for anything. With that said though there is no way I would pay MSRP or above for one. These price gouging dealers all need a swift kick in the junk! When I bought my SR at a gun show in Houston early last year there were ONLY three in the whole place (this was not a small gun show btw). One was priced at $799, the other $850, and the last was $675. These really are awesome 1911's for that price, when you can actually find them.Exactly!!! $675 is my limit. If I can't get one for that or less I'll not getting an SR1911. Gosh darn, add a few hundred to the current selling price of the Ruger and I can get really close to the price of a Les Baer hand fitted custom.

el_chupo_
04-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Guns, politics, and taxes - sure to get anyone fired up...

Mark, where can you find a Les Baer hand fitted custom for around $1-1.2k? I would love to own one!

Markis82
04-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Guns, politics, and taxes - sure to get anyone fired up...

Mark, where can you find a Les Baer hand fitted custom for around $1-1.2k? I would love to own one!Well since I saw that SR1911 selling for over $900, my idea of price is a little higher. You can find them around $1600 online, if you look carefully. A LGS near me has one for $1375 I don't know which model.

Ken_K
04-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Well since I saw that SR1911 selling for over $900, my idea of price is a little higher. You can find them around $1600 online, if you look carefully. A LGS near me has one for $1375 I don't know which model.

That's pretty much double what the SR should be selling for. I damn sure wouldn't pay $900 for the SR, not when I know the MSRP is $800.

Mattias44
04-12-2012, 09:40 AM
That's pretty much double what the SR should be selling for. I damn sure wouldn't pay $900 for the SR, not when I know the MSRP is $800.

I don't think he's talking about the SR in that quote.

I'm going to decide between the SR and the Taurus PT1911 SS in the next few days. Price is definitely a factor.

MW surveyor
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm going to decide between the SR and the Taurus PT1911 SS in the next few days. Price is definitely a factor.

Wait for the SR! There are a few things on the Taurus that are not standard 1911.

I will however say that the majority of the people I've talked with like their PT1911s.

Mattias44
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Checking the interweb forums, people have been saying "Wait for the Ruger" for almost a year.

Mattias44
04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Well I've been called a lot of things, but patient isn't usually one of them. Just bought an SR1911 of Gunbroker for $800 after shipping/FFL fees.

Ken_K
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Well I've been called a lot of things, but patient isn't usually one of them. Just bought an SR1911 of Gunbroker for $800 after shipping/FFL fees.

Congrats! I had said in a previous post I wouldn't pay MSRP for it but looking back and remembering how bad I wanted it I just might have lol. Be sure to lube it up good before you shoot it. Mine was spotless inside and out but pretty much bone dry.

Bawanna
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM

You lucky devil you. 800 after all the extras ain't bad. You guys are just making me so gosh darn jealous.

I keep watching for my ship to come in but I think I'll see Columbus in the next life before a Ruger SR1911.

Me and patience have never met either.

Ken_K
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
You lucky devil you. 800 after all the extras ain't bad. You guys are just making me so gosh darn jealous.

I keep watching for my ship to come in but I think I'll see Columbus in the next life before a Ruger SR1911.

Me and patience have never met either.

Don't worry bawanna, your going to get one! I honestly can't believe they are still this hard to find.

Armybrat
04-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Makes me glad I bought my Springer GI .45 new for $470 a few years ago. It's a fine shooter in spite of the teeny weeny sights and the shakey duffer who squeezes its trigger.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w349/ScoPro/MoreWinchesters.jpg

Mattias44
04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Admittedly, I wasn't planning on making that much of an investment in a range-queen 1911, but the blackjack tables were nice to me last month and I don't see prices in general going down before November.

Bawanna, I'm sure you'll see yours in the next few months if you have an order in (thought I read here or another forum that you do). What with the pause in new orders and the second production line running on the SR1911. Another thing to think about is there will probably be some new shiny things to garner people's interest after the NRA show this weekend.

Armybrat
04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
BTW - If you are a LEO or other 1st responder, check out GT Distributors in Austin - their price ain't too bad:

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=RUG-6700

jimbar
04-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow, makes me feel like I stole mine. I got it last Nov for $649 + tax $703 out the door. I still check local gun shops occasionally, and can never find another one.

downtownv
04-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm 2 weeks out to purchase a 1911. I'm leaning toward Kimber or Sig. My eyes and ears are out for any deals (I always prefer pre owned)
I had a 1911 sight but can't seen to find it again... any suggestions?

Austerity
04-22-2012, 03:16 PM
I was about to purchase a Springfield loaded stainless when the Ruger SR1911 was announced. I passed on the SA loaded and have been waiting ever since.

Having owned both, I would stop waiting and get the loaded. If you want made in USA, get an NM serial springer. The springer shoots better and is better made in my experience. Nothing wrong with the ruger it's just not as nice.

paperpuncher
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
If anyone is looking for a new Springfield Range Officer at a fairly decent price($749) I know a dealer in my area that has them in stock. Their hard to find at times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TheTman
04-22-2012, 06:20 PM
The sales tax Gallery of Guns (Davidson's Inc) shows you is what you pay the dealer on the balance of the sale. Gallery of Guns collects a down payment, and you pay the balance when you pick up your gun. It's not something they collect, it's just to show you what your the total cost of your gun will be after the FFL charges sales tax.
Also Gallery of Guns, doesn't always keep up the computer inventory on the more popular guns that sell out quick. My FFL was able to order an S&W M&P from them when their website showed they had none in stock, took maybe a week to get it. You might check with your FFL and see if they can contact GoG, and see if they are getting some SR1911's in stock and perhaps order one at a reasonable cost. Once nice thing about them is they guarantee their sales for life. You can find a gun in stock on the Gun Genie, and see what local dealers have the best prices on any gun, and check with them about ordering an SR1911, and probably get it as cheap there as anywhere.

O'Dell
04-22-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm 2 weeks out to purchase a 1911. I'm leaning toward Kimber or Sig. My eyes and ears are out for any deals (I always prefer pre owned)
I had a 1911 sight but can't seen to find it again... any suggestions?

I have a SIG C3 [my second] and a Kimber UC II, and I think the SIG is the much superior pistol. I have never had a problem with the SIG's and they are very accurate. I had to buy new mags at a cost of $60 to get the Kimber to function properly.

downtownv
04-23-2012, 03:22 AM
I've been looking at 1911's on some 1911forums and either these are very smart people or very stupid. I've not seen a 1911 for under $1500 over there! Not sure what makes a gun $1500 and up (Gold components?)
To me the S&W, Rugers, Springfields all look like they'ld do the job.....
Is it unrealistic to be looking in the $500- range for a preowned 1911?

Popeye
04-23-2012, 04:29 AM
I've been looking at 1911's on some 1911forums and either these are very smart people or very stupid. I've not seen a 1911 for under $1500 over there! Not sure what makes a gun $1500 and up (Gold components?)
To me the S&W, Rugers, Springfields all look like they'ld do the job.....
Is it unrealistic to be looking in the $500- range for a preowned 1911?

You can buy 1911 's Brand new for around $500. It all depends what you want. If you want a piece of jewelry with all the goodies on it you'll pay more, but if you want a 1911 that will shoot anything RIA has GI models that are pure 1911 fun. I've shot mine till it was so hot I could barely hold onto it. It has always shot everything I've ever fed it and spit what ever was left out with no problem. If your looking for a target model this is not the 1911 you want as the sites are minimal, but if your looking for a 1911 that you can use for self defense that will go bang everytime with reasonable accuracy that will probably be more accurate then most shooters shooting it then the S/A 1911 GI or the RIA GI model will give you all the 1911 45 caliber fun you can handle. I have no problem carrying mine from time to time putting my life in it's hands should it ever come down to that. IMO it's one of the best bang for the buck gun buys you can make. Those $900+prices for a $700 gun are for those who can't stop themselves from being stupid.
I've have plenty of friends who shoot 1911's in different brands that never hit the $900 mark there asking.

paperpuncher
04-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I have nothing to do with this gun, and often guns are overpriced on this Michigan gun owner site. But this IMO is a very good deal for this range officer, especially if you can get it for a tad less.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176247

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2