PDA

View Full Version : Unusual justification to carry CM9

Shark1007
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM
I got married today. Exactly 30 days ago I had a kidney removed from kidney cancer accidentally discovered during a car accident MRI. (lucky me)

After the surgery, I lost some weight, and, being a male, I never tried my Tux on till shortly before the ceremony. Yikes!, the pants were way too loose even when tightened all the way... now what do I do??

Thinking of options, safety pins, adding belt loops, etc. it dawned on me...

I wore my Tommy Theis IWB holster and a CM9 which tightened the pants perfectly.

I've heard many reasons to justify CCW, but I think I win with this one.

DeaconKC
04-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Historically, at a wedding the gun is being held ON the groom......
Congrats and prayers for your marriage and recovery!

MikeyKahr
04-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Definite win, good quick thinking. And congrats.... congrats.... And congrats again! One blessed fellow. My wife would've had my hide had i wore a holster.

Sent using Tapatalk

JFootin
04-15-2012, 08:21 PM
You and Bawanna must be related! :) Here are photos from his daughter's wedding.
http://kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=86607&postcount=21

Bawanna
04-15-2012, 09:23 PM
You and Bawanna must be related! :) Here are photos from his daughter's wedding.
http://kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=86607&postcount=21

Nicely done JFootin.

Congrats on all counts Shark. They say there is life after marriage, just not much of one.

I jest, I jest, hope you made a good connection and we can all celebrate your 50th anniversary in well 50 years give or take I reckon.

Shark1007
04-15-2012, 09:58 PM
50 years?? I'm 58 now. Not sure what I have left, I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep in my 90's like my grandpa, not screaming and crying like the people that were in he car with him.

JFootin
04-16-2012, 07:29 AM
50 years?? I'm 58 now. Not sure what I have left, I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep in my 90's like my grandpa, not screaming and crying like the people that were in he car with him.

I had an uncle who had Narcolepsy. You'd be having a conversation and, next thing you know, he would be snoozing. I remember one time he took my brother and I (kids at the time) in his pickup to go frog gigging. He didn't fall asleep while driving, but nodded as soon as the truck was parked. Kind of scary! :eek: I never rode with him again.

bandrich
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
God's richest blessing's to you Shark1007. :D